P&O November cruises not available

normansbay

21 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

I'm pretty fed up with P&O at the moment - it's not their fault if they have to cancel Christmas, which is emotive and bad for PR, but I've started to get used to the idea that I might not have that to look forward to at the end of a trying year.

Cheer up. Christmas will come as usual and santa will still bring his presents. Just to a different venue. There'll be another one next year.🎅

Avril 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Cheer up. Christmas will come as usual and santa will still bring his presents. Just to a different venue. There'll be another one next year.🎅

Avril 

I will be leaving hand sanitiser by the chimney just in case 😊

Andy 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Have to say ... please don't shoot me ..... that I really feel for the cruise lines and hospitality industry at the moment. It must be a complete living nightmare for them ....... who would ever have seen this coming this time last year???

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have to say ... please don't shoot me ..... that I really feel for the cruise lines and hospitality industry at the moment. It must be a complete living nightmare for them ....... who would ever have seen this coming this time last year???

I got shot down for saying the same thing a while ago, but that was when everyone was owed lots of money, so probably understandable.. 

Any industry that has its income stopped suddenly is going to try everything to weather the storm, they have to. 

We will all still be expecting bargains and will be moaning about increased prices, but someone has to pay... 

It has hit lots of local businesses down here that just won't recover, very sad. 

Andy 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

I got shot down for saying the same thing a while ago, but that was when everyone was owed lots of money, so probably understandable.. 

Any industry that has its income stopped suddenly is going to try everything to weather the storm, they have to. 

We will all still be expecting bargains and will be moaning about increased prices, but someone has to pay... 

It has hit lots of local businesses down here that just won't recover, very sad. 

Andy 

True Andy someone will have to pay but looking on the bright side nooooo there is no bright side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I will be leaving hand sanitiser by the chimney just in case 😊

Andy 

Lucky you we have no chimneys was a modern house when we bought it, plus side we never had to buy the kids any Christmas presents no chimney for Santa to come down.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bazrat said:

Lucky you we have no chimneys was a modern house when we bought it, plus side we never had to buy the kids any Christmas presents no chimney for Santa to come down.

Bah,  humbug!!😡

Avril 

• Haha 1

We have Christmas and New Year booked on the Azura. Was hoping things would be ok by then but it’s looking unlikely! 

We have actually now booked the same cruise for next year as an insurance. The cruise was almost booked up, and we knew it would be difficult to get 2 cabins next to each other on C deck the day of the announcement of cancellations.

We were meant to be on Ventura in December last year but that got cancelled as the ship had issues! Maybe it will be 3rd time lucky!

On 7/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, Eddie99 said:

Mmmm

Nothing @ the cold house till 4 Dec

P&O site & another online/TV agent (the 1st one I thought of 😉 ) seem unchanged.

Who knows?

Edited to add....

Cruise +  Flight

Eastern Caribbean from Barbados, 27 November 2020 (15 nights)

( 331 )

This sailing is not available

Please search for a similar sailing below

We're booked on this and have heard nothing. Balance is due to TA end of next week, have been waiting to hear before cancelling  as I still don't  feel it's safe enought to go!

8 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We're booked on this and have heard nothing. Balance is due to TA end of next week, have been waiting to hear before cancelling  as I still don't  feel it's safe enought to go!

Try asking for a delay for balance payment.They delayed our balance for another cruise and in the meantime the cruise was cancelled so we have applied for a refund of the deposit

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Balance is due to TA end of next week, have been waiting to hear before cancelling  as I still don't  feel it's safe enought to go!

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Try asking for a delay for balance payment.They delayed our balance for another cruise and in the meantime the cruise was cancelled so we have applied for a refund of the deposit

We tried to defer the balance which was due on Saturday. I was completely ignored. Not even the courtesy of a reply. So I cancelled,  took advantage of the free transfer and moved the deposit to a cruise in June 2021. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but now I'm sure we did the right thing. 

Avril 

52 minutes ago, Harvey1976 said:

I read a couple of comments on here about an announcement on Tuesday at 10am. Is this happening?

Those comments referred to last Tuesday and there have been no announcements since so I won't hold my breath but with P&O anything could happen.  Princess have cancelled up to 15th December but that was because of the high Covid numbers in the USA.

I just checked on a online TA site and they have no P&O cruises listed until April 2021.

Edited by Josy1953

16 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Those comments referred to last Tuesday and there have been no announcements since so I won't hold my breath but with P&O anything could happen.  Princess have cancelled up to 15th December but that was because of the high Covid numbers in the USA.

Could P&O be waiting for the latest balances to be paid before they announce anymore cancellations? Maybe I'm being cynical but.......😏

Avril 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Could P&O be waiting for the latest balances to be paid before they announce anymore cancellations? Maybe I'm being cynical but.......😏

Avril 

Not cynical but perceptive.

I am firmly of the opinion that P&O leave cancellation announcements as late as possible to bounce customers into paying for a cruise they know is unlikely to go ahead so they can bolster their cash flow. Those customers then have to wait much longer for refunds than the 14 days stipulated by law.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Denarius said:

Not cynical but perceptive.

I am firmly of the opinion that P&O leave cancellation announcements as late as possible to bounce customers into paying for a cruise they know is unlikely to go ahead so they can bolster their cash flow. Those customers then have to wait much longer for refunds than the 14 days stipulated by law.

Trying to work out the benefit for the company to take money off you and a few months later pay you back, that thinking would only be of benefit if the company was intending to go bankrupt so not pay you back.

23 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Trying to work out the benefit for the company to take money off you and a few months later pay you back, that thinking would only be of benefit if the company was intending to go bankrupt so not pay you back.

Many, if not most, are doing the same thing, in the hopes that when the cruise is cancelled the customer will choose to either roll the money over to another cruise or accept a future cruise credit instead of a refund.

The cruise line can then tell the trade press and shareholders that people are extremely keen to cruise, as proven by the fact that so many people have paid for a future cruise.....

As far as I can tell, quite a lot of people do either roll the money over to another cruise, or take the FCC, so it sees to be a system that works.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

P and O are receiving the interest on the large balances people are paying and as already stated they hope that people will transfer their cruise to a cruise in the future rather than take a refund.

• Like 3