The Daily for Wednesday Aug 5, 2020

richwmn

today is National Underwear Day, National Oyster Day, and Work Like a Dog Day

Meal suggestion for today - Easy Seafood Salad

Wine of the day - Casa Santos Lima Lisboa Colossal Reserva vintage 2015

All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies.
        -- The Book of Bokonon / Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

At Sea Indian
Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/15
Westerdam destination Mombasa, Kenya eta 8/12

At Sea Mediterranean
Amsterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/10
Rotterdam destination Gibraltar eta 8/6

At Sea Pacific
Gulf Bridge (Amsterdam Luggage) destination Panama Canal, eta 8/13

Balboa Panama
Koningsdam

Jakarta Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Limassol
Maasdam
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Oosterdam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Zaandam

Singapore Area
Noordam

0805Sing.png

0805Med.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the daily.  Since I don't eat seafood I'll pass on Oyster Day and Seafood Salad.  Thank you for the first responders who work like a dog every day.  Love National Underwear Day.  Interesting quote.  While I would love to have Braised Lamb Shank like I did on the Prinsendam, dinner will be some things I won't be able to chew for a while after giving up a tooth tomorrow.

It looks like the Gulf Bridge will likely be hanging out for a while waiting for it's turn at the Panama Canal.  I was surprised to see it on AIS off the southern California Coast.

Today's care list:

Allen still waiting for test results

Sharon's in-laws

fatcat's MIL

Mrs. Vmax

Those in the vicinity of wildfires

Those cleaning up from Isaias.

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

• Like 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Denise & Joy, our states just can not seem to get this right! Sigh.  Joy, saw a pic of a hummingbird swing - adorable. 

Now this is one interesting combination of days! Be careful with what you post here @Seasick Sailor!  

The meal sounds great, and so does the wine! It is a red blend from Portugal. Consistently rated in the high 80s or low 90s with a price often under $13. I may have to order this one online. But I would love to try it.

Here’s Wine Spectator’s description:

Plum and boysenberry notes weave together with dried herb and smoky mineral accents in this sleek red. Savory spice details chime in on the finish. Offers moderate, grippy tannins. Drink now through 2020.

If we weren’t living the quote, I might enjoy it more. 

Prayers to all on the official & unofficial Care list. May good health, news, or results be around the corner.

Stay well everyone!

• Like 7

Good morning Rich. Thank you for the Daily. Boy, tough to find a "clean" underwear joke this morning..

Thank you for the wine suggestion as well.

Roy, you sure have a treasure trove of sunrises. Thank you, and thanks for the care and prayer list.

Good morning to my sisters Ann and Denise. Denise I am happy to be your sister and I will add you to my sister list along with Ann.

I am all set now on my back yard bird friends treats. Swings, homes, feeders, water fountain and birdbath. Jeez. 

It is really too hot to plant and I'm taking kazu's advice and waiting another month or so. We are on water restriction here and I don't want to get into trouble..

Everyone have a safe day. Our numbers are going up yet governors are trying to figure a way to get our kids back to school. Slippery slope. Love to all, be good, be kind. Wear your mask!

Are you wearing clean underwear? - Medical Jokes and Cartoons

evilcrayon.com - oyster Archives - evilcrayon.com

Funny Animal Pictures Of The Day – 22 Pics | Dog jokes, Funny ...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

51 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the daily.  Since I don't eat seafood I'll pass on Oyster Day and Seafood Salad.  Thank you for the first responders who work like a dog every day.  Love National Underwear Day.  Interesting quote.  While I would love to have Braised Lamb Shank like I did on the Prinsendam, dinner will be some things I won't be able to chew for a while after giving up a tooth tomorrow.

It looks like the Gulf Bridge will likely be hanging out for a while waiting for it's turn at the Panama Canal.  I was surprised to see it on AIS off the southern California Coast.

Today's care list:

Allen still waiting for test results

Sharon's in-laws

fatcat's MIL

Mrs. Vmax

Those in the vicinity of wildfires

Those cleaning up from Isaias.

and Krazy Kruizers

Roy

Roy, I feel your pain.  I made the same sacrifice Monday night at the dentist.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I was surprised to see it on AIS off the southern California Coast.

I was surprised to see her there as well. Made a lot of distance over the last two days. I was afraid I was looking at the wrong ship!

• Like 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Work like a dog day - seriously, that's what DH and I did yesterday, tearing down the wooden storage shed and cleaning up all the debris.  It's a million times harder than sewing masks!  Speaking of them, my sewing machine is all fixed and ready to be released from its hospital; the damages only amounted to $100, which totally surprised me.  Maybe the guy felt sorry for me because I've been making masks to donate,(about 400 so far) I'm not sure, but I thought I'd have to pay at least 3 or 4 hundred. 

I love the suggestion for an easy seafood salad; I'm pretty sure I've got all the ingredients in the house, so accompanied by a nice crusty bread, that's likely going to appear on our dinner table this evening.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 6

Good morning all.   I did vacuuming first thing today so my celebrating is done. I will take a pass on the other 2. The Amsterdam world cruisers will be happy that their luggage is a lot closer.  Would it be possible for the Gulf Bridge to get an earlier transit of the canal?    Have a great day everyone,

• Like 3

3 hours ago, richwmn said:

At Sea Indian

Eurodam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Kochi eta 8/7
Volendam destination Durban eta 8/15
Westerdam destination Mombasa, Kenya eta 8/12

New ETA for Volendam is Noon, 18 August, per marinetraffic.com

She has slowed to 10.7 kt, so is probably conserving fuel (I guess).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I’m late this morning as I have been outside cleaning up and trying to salvage my smashed chilies and broken dahlias.  No serious damage other than some branches that I can see so far so all is good.  So, I guess I am celebrating Work like a Dog day before I knew it was that day 🙂 

Underwear day?  No comment from me on that one either 😉 

Yum on oysters and seafood salad ❤️. That Portuguese wine sounds lovely.  Thanks for the description @cat shepard and for the inquiry.

@rafinmd sorry to hear about the tooth. I hope it comes out easily and is not too painful after for you 🤞🙏🏻

@Overhead Fred beautiful pics as always

I snapped a couple of pics yesterday as I didn’t know what the storm would do to the plants.  Haven’t been out front yet to survey things - been busy enough on the side and in the back 😉 

The liatris out front has started to bloom.  For those fighting deer, they don’t touch these and the blooms last quite a while.  I’ll post a pic later when they are in full bloom (if they weren’t destroyed - they don’t have a lot of protection as they usually don’t require it):

929CE091-173F-4CDA-AB67-45DB9B938688.thumb.jpeg.ecf699e4fda8efaca2fccad4150eb891.jpeg

And my astilbe out front is looking good:

CB4D4CD9-153A-4CCC-8DA2-A864EA877ED8.thumb.jpeg.0e915d411f13cef63567615a8c7f6b34.jpeg

And for my dog loving friends, this is a plant you don’t want to see and you don’t want your dogs to touch.  It’s wild mustard  and has just appeared here.  It will cause huge gastrointestinal distress and diarrhea for dogs and can even be poisonous.  Beware - it’s new here and apparently spreading around.  Grows near the side of the road here.  I was determined to figure out why my dogs got sick since nothing had changed in diet or routine and when I was walking them, I saw them trying to eat these flowers I had not seen before and did some research.  

If it is allowed to grow, it looks like this:

B90AFE6F-741E-4A4A-B3AD-74A18D95E8A3.jpeg.ea2934066e5d29979a64dbfea760c76a.jpeg

If people mow it, it’s smaller and looks like this:

7BEF9625-4CF8-49B0-B0F9-90D4064E1EB2.thumb.jpeg.d29909afa150b21a079e8cdda0df4b34.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on our care list and I hope everyone came through the storm with little damage and safely.

• Like 9

Well, finally got one thing right.  Since I had two appointments yesterday and first one took longer, I ate a chocolate chip cookie as my lunch!  Don’t think seafood will be on my menu, as I have an allergy!

Good news.  Got my refund back for my deposit on my October cruise that was cancelled.   Nice for it now as my car repair bill yesterday was larger than expected.

Continue to Pray for those on care list.  Our fire continues to grow and air quality is horrible.  Of course no rain.

Have a great day everyone,

• Like 5

Good morning all! Happy Wednesday!!

I received an email from Exofficio telling me of National underwear day with 10%off!

I wondered if Rich would have it on The Daily!! Yup! LOL 😊Love oysters and seafood salads👍👍 

🌺Roy I believe you will do wonderfully after your visit and just remember no sucking through a straw to drink anything. You don’t want to have your extraction site where a scuture  was placed or not  Be loosened up. Relax soft diet today.

I will be thinking of you !! Loved your pictures and enjoyed the one today!

🌺🌺 Ann and Joy!! Love you guys! 
Our 3 states are so up and down like yo yo’s !!! 
🌺🌺 Jacqui loves your pictures!! You so love planting and are so knowledgeable!!

🌺🌺 Overhead Fred such a wonderful 

picture!

👍Rich Thankyou 

Denise😊

• Like 4