Capacity Controls By Category....

Just wondering, does anyone know if capacity control is in effect based on categories.

We're booked next month on Adventure with some friends and we have neighboring panoramic suites.

We're looking to Lift & Shift to a similar cruise next year.    I've spent forever checking every single sailing over a 3 month span in the summer and a 2 month span in the winter and on every single ship one of the suites is open and the other in full.  Every ship,  always the left one open, and the right one unavailable. 

I know bookings next year are solid so it's very possible we're just out of luck,  but it made me wonder since it's always the same one available if its coincidence or if RCI has just made one of those cabins non-bookable. 

Anyone have any insight?

7 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

Just wondering, does anyone know if capacity control is in effect based on categories.

We're booked next month on Adventure with some friends and we have neighboring panoramic suites.

We're looking to Lift & Shift to a similar cruise next year.    I've spent forever checking every single sailing over a 3 month span in the summer and a 2 month span in the winter and on every single ship one of the suites is open and the other in full.  Every ship,  always the left one open, and the right one unavailable. 

I know bookings next year are solid so it's very possible we're just out of luck,  but it made me wonder since it's always the same one available if its coincidence or if RCI has just made one of those cabins non-bookable. 

Anyone have any insight?

The one on the left may still have a broken window

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The one on the left may still have a broken window

I'm looking on various ships  --- not just adventure.   They all are showing the single cabin availability of the cabin on the left

4 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I'd check one of the online cruise websites and see if they show additional availability.  I often find cabins that aren't showing up on RCCL's website.

I would too. For instance if I wanted a solo cabin which a few ship like adventure and another had, jewel I think had out of Galveston...can only seen them on a certain big box site.,rcl agent told me they were a glitch and dont exist and even crown and anchor said none, said she worked there 5 years. I told her check the deck plans, which deck and where they were. 

Agents at rcl arent particularly well trained from my experiences. But they can be seen on another site I cant name. Check some other sites as suggested or call. 

Seeing that there’s only 2 per ship, they’re hard to find that aren’t already booked. When I have found one available, a lot of times it won’t let me book it I’m assuming because I’m trying to book only two occupants.  I had to shop around a lot to finally secure one on the Liberty next September. (And I was able to book the one on the right (1854)).  

Edited by HicksRA

9 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

I sometimes check Royal Caribbean UK website as they will list the cabin number of all available cabins for each category...

Unless they changed back the stopped showing a big availability several months ago.  Now they show what the US site does basically.  I used to use that site all the time

• Like 1

5 hours ago, molly361 said:

Unless they changed back the stopped showing a big availability several months ago.  Now they show what the US site does basically.  I used to use that site all the time

Well darn!!  That was always a good site to check for availability!!

Thanks for the info!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, molly361 said:

Yes, but the US site is now showing more than it used to. Seems like even the scanner site doesn't show any more than the US one does - though it gets there with fewer clicks and has a better layout.

On 8/12/2020 at 11:19 PM, GTO-Girl said:

I sometimes check Royal Caribbean UK website as they will list the cabin number of all available cabins for each category...

Hello,

It certainly did, but now it's just like a 'knock-off' copy of the US one - i.e. with some things missing that they forgot to copy-over.

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet
Emphasis

46 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I can see them capacity controlling by deck. It would be another way to use social distancing to spread out the passengers.

Hello,

I would expect the lower decks, i.e. close to the medical facility, being kept clear to be used in case of quarantine.

Regards,

Cublet

RCI claimed the maps were accurate --- only one available each sailing. 

Wouldn't say if people were actually in it or not though,   thanks for the insight nonetheless!

Now more waiting! lol

3 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

RCI claimed the maps were accurate --- only one available each sailing. 

Wouldn't say if people were actually in it or not though,   thanks for the insight nonetheless!

Now more waiting! lol

You need a good TA. 

I was looking for an OS in January 22 and website said none available. Contacted my super TA, and he located it. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You need a good TA. 

I was looking for an OS in January 22 and website said none available. Contacted my super TA, and he located it. 

I have a great one ---  she is currently laid off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Junkhouse said:

What I have noticed is that they reserve blocks of rooms for TAs. They are then released back if they are not sold.

Idk this would affect suites though, which is what the op is looking for. Usually its 6 4vs, so many ovs, x amt of balconys. Not suites or specific cabins that I know of.