The Daily for Monday Aug 31, 2020

richwmn

today is National Eat Outside Day, National Trail Mix Day, and Motorist Consideration Monday 

Over the years, I've developed my sense of deja vu so acutely that now  I can remember things that *have* happened before ...

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Flank Steak with Summer Relish

Wine of the day - Hans Wirsching Riesling Franken Iphöfer Kronsberg Alte Reben vintage 2017

At Sea Atlantic
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 9/15
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Fortaleza Brazil eta 9/7
Volendam destination Gibraltar eta 9/8
Westerdam destination Gibraltar eta 9/9

At Sea Indian
Noordam destination Suez Canal eta 9/8
Zuiderdam destination Suez Canal eta 9/8

Balboa Anchorage
Oosterdam

Piraeus
Maasdam

Katakolo
Veendam

Punta Arenas
Koningsdam

Rotterdam
Amsterdam - at Rotterdam Botlek

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Rotterdam
Zaandam

0831World.png

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for the Daily Rich.  Eating Outside does not really need a day this year as it is very much an every day event.  I love trail mix.  Let all motorists be considerate to each other.  So true on Deja Vu.  I won''t have it but flank steak sounds quite nice.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Recovery from Laura and Marco

Those dealing with wildfires

Rain and relief for Phoenix and much of the southwest

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

The Bird in Hand fire chief and son Jason

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Blue skies in Colorado

Front line health workers

Improvement for Pat and Martha

Cruising-along’s countdown for a road trip

Life sentence for NZ Mosque shooter

Roy

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning, thanks for the daily.  We’ve eaten outside just a few times this year.  Typically it’s been take out.  Two years ago we stopped in Quebec.  Still on the Rotterdam.  One of the joys of just walking about was that we stumbled upon the changing of the guard at the Citadelle.  That was a nice surprise.

716157ED-3803-45A5-85AE-04F31284644C.jpeg

3BDDEA3B-8D01-4517-BAFB-BB7BCF5A3778.jpeg

A51847D9-EDB0-4EB8-9B88-017CD2CF1F71.jpeg

• Like 12

Today's photo is at the other end of the day from a sunrise.  It was taken August 21, 2016 from the Crystal Serenity between Cambridge Bay and Pond Inlet.  The sun had already set (despite the extreme latitude we were close to the September equinox so there really was day and night). 

daysend31.jpg

Roy

• Like 10

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

It’s Eat Outside Day every day in these times and certainly the ability to do so weather wise here is most appreciated 🙂 

Motorist Consideration day should be celebrated every day.

250FEBF8-4B5C-4359-B1A0-2AABC3F0E517.jpeg.ce8b08bf052a9bd31fb7a1c2eb0e0181.jpeg

BF35D4D6-F682-43AB-8749-BE4FE56DD858.jpeg.0da46c8063f1bc6df645eeb4715bace5.jpeg

That Deja Vu quote is ever so true !!!

Flank steak sounds good but I think it will be either tenderloin/seafood depending on the weather (bbq) and WINE, of course 😉 

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list and cheers for all those on his shout out list.

Have a great Monday everyone and stay safe.

• Like 7

Good morning Rich and thank you for the laughs and Daily. A few more new folks joining our thread. Nice.

Thanks Roy for the prayer list. Tonight we are joining friends for an out door dinner. We are going to toast to everyone on your celebrations list, plus my niece has a new beau that sounds promising.

Good morning my sweet sisters Denise and Ann. Denise I hope you and David enjoyed your mini vacay. I miss the days when we would just take off and go to Canada for the weekend, or over to the coast. Hoping those days come back faster than what is expected. Good morning fellow Daily-ites, Jacqui hoping for some garden pictures soon?

Nothing from the deer cam last night even though I left the sunflower seeds out. So perhaps the critter moved on to greener pastures. Our landscaper will be back this morning to add another zone for our trees. The bubblers aren't getting enough water through. So looks like the yard will be torn up again..

Another heat advisory today. The news said this was the 3rd hottest weather in August on record. Wed and Thrs may have a hint of rain. Praying we get some.

Take care. Have a wonderful week. I will keep our Daily-ites in prayer. So know you are loved!

• Like 6

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy, thank you for taking the time to keep our lists!

Morning Dailyites & my Sisters! Hope all is well.

Well I celebrate the first & last days quite frequently.  I am picky about my trail mix, but I love to munch on it.  Love the quote! Not sure what I am doing tonight for supper. Not a flank steak fan.

Yesterday I learned that my local grocery store removed the “one-way” directional signs on the aisles and the social distance markers at the checkout lines, because there were too many fights! Fights! I live in an area where at 80% of the residents are retired. I understand these times are stressful, but fights? I really need The Daily today.

Prayers for those who need our support, and the citizens of the World dealing with these stressful times.

Cheers to those we are celebrating. 
Stay well everyone!

I am not a fan of Riesling, because it is often too sweet for my tastes. I do know that some are dryer than others. This one might be one of the less sweet Rieslings. Very good rating, reasonably priced at $18.99.

#90 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

characterized by a pleasant note of peach - in the bouquet as well as the taste. It appears intensively on the tongue and the exciting acidity provides it with a hint of freshness.

WE93
Wine Enthusiast-While dry and intently mineral, this medium-bodied Riesling explodes with sun-drenched grapefruit, pineapple and lemon flavors. It’s silky and textured on the palate but braced by lime acidity and a delicately astringent finish. It drinks beautifully now yet should improve through 2030. 
WS90
Wine Spectator-Clean and airy, with good cut to the apple, green peach and gooseberry flavors, featuring notes of dried mint. The spicy finish lingers, revealing accents of savory mineral and white pepper. Best from 2020 through 2027.
Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Good Morning, thanks for the daily.  We’ve eaten outside just a few times this year.  Typically it’s been take out.  Two years ago we stopped in Quebec.  Still on the Rotterdam.  One of the joys of just walking about was that we stumbled upon the changing of the guard at the Citadelle.  That was a nice surprise.

A51847D9-EDB0-4EB8-9B88-017CD2CF1F71.jpeg

What a great treat!

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 2

I'll bring Key Lime Pie!

Thanks to all for the sunrises, sunsets, flowers, prayers, shout-outs, and overall good cheer.  All are much appreciated.

We have stormy rain today and tomorrow in North Carolina.  It is still steamy though, with more heat to come all week.

XO

Cindy

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

I will bring Greek salad with lots of olives.

Yum!

19 minutes ago, Cruise Suzy said:

I'll bring "Munchies" - crudités and dip and/or crackers and cream cheese with cranberry chutney

Sounds delicious! Thanks! (I thought folks would use their screen names initial) My last name starts with S, and my screen name being Seasick Sailor.. had no choice!)

• Like 4

Heading out to buy corn on the cob, if we don't get there early the will be sold out!  A thank you to all who contribute to keeping this thread a happy place to visit each day.  We will celebrate 2 of the 3 days today but will not be eating outside as the wasps are the worst they have ever been.  Sending positive vibes to those on Roy's care list and congrats to those celebrating.  

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I love key lime pie, but my recipe always comes out runny. Anyone have a really great recipe for me to try? "Fool" proof if possible. 🙄

I do not have a recipe, but one of my favorite parts about visiting The Keys is to determine who has the best Key Lime Pie.  Sadly folks fool around with their recipes and we have never had a repeat winner. 

But if I ever find a great recipe, I will share it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1