Here’s An Idea, Princess

Bgwest

41 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

And so what happens when a lounger is "claimed" at 10:05am?  Are they passing by every so often to remove items?

I wouldn't worry about it. Princess isn't going to police this. I will admit, it makes me crazy to not be able to find a spot when I want one. The last resort we went to we would wake up at 6 AM, claim our chairs, go to breakfast at 7 and walk from breakfast to our spots.  We'd stay in our spots until 3 ish. There were times that the chairs saved around us were taken while we were at Breakfast and people would not show up until noon.  I don't have that stay power or patience on a cruise. Too many other things to do!

Edited by jennybenny

Repeat customers to the resort probably know the drill, be in you lounge chair at 10am when the pick ups are done. If they don't know it on day 1, then by day 3 they will understand how to play the system.

On the Princess ships a big issue is with those that place towels out early and then go to eat. But it isn't the only issue. If the 30 minute rule was indeed enforced, passengers that hang out in the pool or on the pool walls as well as those that tend to hang out by the bar would have to remember to return every half hour to claim their chairs. 

there is no problem.

All you need to do is simply place the items aside and use the pool lounger, because the owner may not show up for many hours

If some folks choose to be selfish or a dog in the manger, then you have to deal with it.

if you want to be extra smart, you can give the items to the pool attendant and inform him that someone has forgotten them./ left them behind.

Tell him to kindly deposit them in the lost and found room.

But please do the above ONLY if there is not a single pool lounger available.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thankfully my kids are older and I can sit further back, but the worst was when they wanted to go swimming and not a chair in sight was available (only a few actually being used, the others full of "stuff")  so I just had to stand there, like an idiot....  I don't understand people's lack of decency.  I get it if someone wants to sit out all day, and there are those that do, but if you are only going to use the chair for an hour or two, come on people! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, drsel said:

there is no problem.

All you need to do is simply place the items aside and use the pool lounger, because the owner may not show up for many hours

If some folks choose to be selfish or a dog in the manger, then you have to deal with it.

if you want to be extra smart, you can give the items to the pool attendant and inform him that someone has forgotten them./ left them behind.

Tell him to kindly deposit them in the lost and found room.

But please do the above ONLY if there is not a single pool lounger available.

I move their stuff to another less annoying part of the ship.  And before I get castigated for stealing someone's stuff, I am not stealing it but relocating it.  I have occasionally though of relocating it to several different places in the ship but that would not be a nice thing to do.  You could even be nicer by leaving a note on the lounger that you moved it and perhaps even give them some hint as to where you relocated it to.

DON

When I have eyeballed a saved, unoccupied lounger, for 45 minutes or so, I take their things to the pool attendant telling him it has been sitting there empty for 45 minutes.  If the chair hog comes back,  I say "Gee, the guy who was sitting here was leaving and  told me he was done and I could have it" and then go back to my book. As my DH has told me, it takes two to have an argument.   I have been tempted, though, when someone has left their book on a lounge to save to rip the last 10 pages out (lol).  

3 hours ago, Tucker in Texas said:

When I have eyeballed a saved, unoccupied lounger, for 45 minutes or so, I take their things to the pool attendant telling him it has been sitting there empty for 45 minutes.  If the chair hog comes back,  I say "Gee, the guy who was sitting here was leaving and  told me he was done and I could have it" and then go back to my book. As my DH has told me, it takes two to have an argument.   I have been tempted, though, when someone has left their book on a lounge to save to rip the last 10 pages out (lol).  

Or else if it is a mystery, check the last few pages and leave them a note that says - "just to save you the trouble of reading the whole book, the ****** did it.  Don't actually write in the book itself as that would be destructive but just leave the the note.

DON

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 10:33 PM, Shmoo here said:

Exactly.  On the Crown Princess:

1583457975_25032edited.thumb.jpg.c64b5688d9650dca6e494e778d4d9e96.jpg

So what do you do when you see this sexy lady on a deck lounge chair. I just started laughing.

Tony

78460FA7-E31F-42F5-891C-76C57902EA26.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I move their stuff to another less annoying part of the ship.  And before I get castigated for stealing someone's stuff, I am not stealing it but relocating it.  I have occasionally though of relocating it to several different places in the ship but that would not be a nice thing to do.  You could even be nicer by leaving a note on the lounger that you moved it and perhaps even give them some hint as to where you relocated it to.   DON

Don't take the trouble to relocate their personal items.

Just place them on the floor at the side of the chair.

Or call the pool attendants to take the items away to the lost and found room.

if the selfish person returns, you just inform him that the pool attendant has taken the items away.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, donaldsc said:

I move their stuff to another less annoying part of the ship.  And before I get castigated for stealing someone's stuff, I am not stealing it but relocating it.  I have occasionally though of relocating it to several different places in the ship but that would not be a nice thing to do.  You could even be nicer by leaving a note on the lounger that you moved it and perhaps even give them some hint as to where you relocated it to.

DON

Even better idea. Drop their stuff right there on the deck, take the chair and move it nearby. If they return whilst you are lounging you get to have a good chuckle as they try and determine who took their chair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2020 at 7:11 PM, 1025cruise said:

There are already signs to this effect on most ships. They get ignored.

They will have to assign staff to monitor just how long items sat on the chairs by themselves without their people.  But I have seen a "Lost and Found" table on the pool deck with several items which were removed from chairs and placed on the table.

19 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

So what do you do when you see this sexy lady on a deck lounge chair. I just started laughing.

Tony

78460FA7-E31F-42F5-891C-76C57902EA26.jpeg

I've seen this one before...hysterical!!  I would love to see that!

20 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Or else if it is a mystery, check the last few pages and leave them a note that says - "just to save you the trouble of reading the whole book, the ****** did it.  Don't actually write in the book itself as that would be destructive but just leave the the note.

DON

Ha ha!  I like that idea!   I wouldn't do it myself but would love to be a fly on the wall when they return!