The Daily for Friday Sep 18, 2020

richwmn

today is National Cheeseburger Day, National POW / MIA Recognition Day, and Rosh Hashanah  begins at sundown

"Gee, Toto, I don't think we are in Kansas anymore."

Meal suggestion for today - Turkey Pepper Kabobs

Drink of the Day - Rum Punch

Wine of the day - Turley Zinfandel Paso Robles Ueberroth Vineyard vintage 2014

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Willemstad eta 9/19
Oosterdam destination Willemstad eta 9/27

At Sea Mediterranean Sea
Zuiderdam destination Marsaxlokk Malta eta 9/21

Balboa Panama Anchorage
Koningsdam

Gibraltar
Westerdam

Limassol Cyprus
Noordam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Zaandam

Willemstad

Nieuw Amsterdam

0918World.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the daily, Rich .  Wishing those who celebrate it a great Rosh Hashanha,  Our Prisoners of War are true heroes.  I'll pass on the cheesburger.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Himself’s and my left arms

Kazu with shingles-

The Gulf Coast and Georgia after Sally

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Himself healing

Release of one of the Los Angeles Deputies injured in the ambush

Vaccines

and memories of the four ships leaving the fleet

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, richwmn said:

today is National Cheeseburger Day, National POW / MIA Recognition Day, and Rosh Hashanah  begins at sundown

@rafinmd I will take your cheeseburger 😄

POWs, the MIA, and their families certainly deserve any and all recognition they may receive ❤️

Shanah Tovah to those who celebrate!

• Like 11

image.png.3b09747fcb69301a2f9c92495d2dfa38.png

Good morning Rich. The Daily seems to have become a big hit. Thank you for keeping us entertained.

I would rather have a cheeseburger than a turkey pepper kabob..when I first looked at the wine I thought it said turkey Zinfandel..

God bless our POW's and those MIA. As a wife of an Army veteran, we pray for the troops every day.

Don't forget to wear your Friday red til all our troops come home.

Good morning sisters Denise and Ann. I love you two and so happy we met. Hey Daily-ites!

Thanks Roy for the prayer list. I hope your arm is ok this morning. Poor Jacqui! Prayers for all.

Someone please decide who we will toast to tonight.

Our new door is being installed today. I will share a before and after photo. Actually, the process is, the company makes the insert, then comes and removes the door, makes a cut out, and puts the glass in the door. We ordered the pattern almost 3 months ago and forgot what it looked like, so it will be a surprise.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Don't forget those masks! Love ya'll

Burger Memes: 40+ ideas about bones funny, funny, funny pictures, and more

Edited by Seasick Sailor
add on
  • Like 12

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I am sure there are many who will celebrate National Cheeseburger Day!

3367E199-4DE0-48E6-8CFF-083CA39DE013.gif.2519f386363cc95b2162e653b03526a4.gif

461D17EC-3583-434D-886E-A93F8B59E383.gif.b0e290cc062022ada249d471a8eb40e0.gif

So nice to see POW’s and MIA recognized.  My uncle was a POW in WW II and I know how those POW’s suffered.  Best wishes to those celebrating Rosh Hashanah.

I’ve used that quote on several occasions.  One of my favourites.

No turkey and we just had chicken so I think I will pass on the meal suggestion, thanks.

Prayers to those on the Care list (and @rafinmd I don’t need to be on it, thank you though - I do have anti virals which will help a lot) and a toast to all of those we are celebrating.

Happy TGIF everyone!  Stay safe & don’t forget your masks!

• Like 12

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters. Denise the deer were everywhere on my early morning walk with Bindi. Day had not even broken & they were up and about. Joy, I am looking forward to seeing your new door. I can not believe all you & Allen have accomplished in such a short time - in spite of 2020!

Prayers for all POW and those MIA, and their families. To those celebrating Rosh Hashanah, best wishes.

How can we have turkey pepper kabobs on Cheeseburger Day? I will not be having either. Eggplant cutlets for me tonight. I have been using today’s quote a great deal for a few years.

Prayers to all who need our support. Roy my pneumonia booster arm pain lasted for three days. Hope yours goes away faster.

Shouting out to all we are celebrating! And all the unsung heroes of 2020.

Stay well everyone!

This California Zinfandel has very high ratings, and if you can find this vintage - has a price to match - $129.99. At least this vintage has a 16.5% alcohol content.  If you are still interested, winesearcher.com might help you find a lower price.  And this wine has “torque”!  🤔

#16 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2017 

Planted in 1885, Ueberroth is the oldest of Turley's Zinfandel vineyards. Located closer to the sea than any other site the winery works with, you can smell the salt air from the top of the hill. These ungrafted, head-trained vines are planted on very steep limestone slopes. The high pH of the soil makes for a very high acid wine, elevating the ripe fruit flavors from this historic certified organic vineyard.

WS95
Wine Spectator
An impressive combo of refinement and torque. This features ripe, rich fruit backed by great minerality and structure, with notes of raspberry and blackberry plus licorice, sage and pepper.
  • Like 11

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Great respect to those who were POA's and to the families of the MIA's as well.   Shana Tova to all my friends who celebrate Rosh Hashanah.

This evening we'll be celebrating my SIL's 75th birthday with a barbecue, which will include cheeseburgers, pork chops, garlic sausage and pork kabobs.  Yes, we're carnivores; DH loves variety and it's his family's tradition to always make about 10 times more than your guests will ever consume.  Side dishes will include salads, dilled potatoes, corn on the cob, crudites,  and of course birthday cake.  And wine.  There will only be 6 of us and we're fortunate the weather has been cooperating so we will be able to be in our back yard, social distancing as we celebrate.

Prayers to everyone on the list, and even for those who don't think they need them.  Cheers and raising of the glass to those on the celebration list!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

WS95

An impressive combo of refinement and torque... , great minerality

Another one that sounds like a floor-licking-good wine.  LOL

4 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@ger_77 Happy Birthday to your sister-in-law. Sounds like you will have a feast! I really miss not being able to cook for a crowd.

We love having barbecues, especially for our friends and neighbours - something we haven't had the chance to do this year.  I'm thinking the leftovers (of which there will be plenty) will be split between the 6 of us tonight.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

This evening we'll be celebrating my SIL's 75th birthday with a barbecue, which will include cheeseburgers, pork chops, garlic sausage and pork kabobs.  Yes, we're carnivores;

Happy birthday to your SIL.  I’m sure you will all have a wonderful time 🙂 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

DH loves variety and it's his family's tradition to always make about 10 times more than your guests will ever consume. 

That sounds very familiar.  DH accuses me of that 😉 

• Like 5

Good morning Rich, Roy, and fellow daily-ites.

Not fond of cheeseburgers, love the burger plain.

Had a POW bracelet and stayed up until 4:30 am to watch mine walk off the plane.  Bawled so hard that he was home safe.

Rum Punch:

Ingredients

• 1 1/4 ounces light rum
  • 1 1/4 ounces dark rum
  • 2 ounces pineapple juice
  • 1 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1/4 ounce lime juice, freshly squeezed
  • 1/4 ounce grenadine
  • Garnish: maraschino or brandied cherry

Prayers for our lists.  Stay safe, social distance, and WEAR your mask.

• Like 12

Good morning, Rich, Roy and all the dear people.  

I have a relative who was a POW in WWII and he is now in a retirement home in Columbia, SC where they are all on lock-down.  He jokes with his sons about how the nurses and aides at his facility are watching him more closely than any of the Germans ever did!  He says there is no escaping those ladies with all the dangers and fears of the virus ever present.

After reading TiogaCruiser's information about a new ice cream machine, I'm have taken my machine out of the boxes, and I'm going to make my inaugural batch tonight, and I plan to make salted caramel.  We will let that be part of our celebration honoring POW's and MIA's as we pray for all in need and all on Roy's lists.  The ice cream will hopefully take our minds off the fact that, like Toto, we aren't in Kansas any more.

Stay kind,

Cindy

• Like 8

I don't eat a lot of donuts but during the football season Baltimore observes "Purple Fridays".  I don't actually have any Ravens wear but I do have a couple of purple tee shirts and Dunkin Donuts sells some Ravens themed donuts:

DSCF8423.thumb.JPG.d54c8522ec8c4ebe2036d0517d50ff46.JPG

Roy

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

Good morning followers.  Thanks to all contributors, isn't it nice to see that 2 ships will be in Willemstad.  Rum punch, I have had a watered down version and probably wouldn't make one.  What a change in the temperature, fall is definitely in the air as we creep closer to the 21st official start.  Time to start winterizing the garden and as I type I am watching DH beginning to put things away.  My best wishes for health and safety for us all.  

• Like 6

Good morning Dailyites, love this thread.  Thanks to all who contribute.

Sending prayers to everyone on the Care List.  Cheers to everyone celebrating.

No cheeseburgers for us tonight, we had them earlier this week.  I think it will be pork chops, baked potato and salad.  And wine!

Rum punch sounds good too.

We've got a frost advisory for tonight.  I think summer is leaving us and fall is fast approaching.  I have to wear a jacket and gloves when walking the dog in the morning.  Oh well, the trees are looking pretty as they start to change colour.

Stay safe.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Nice little runabout just off Sint Maarten, December 2016 -

image.thumb.png.cce1f03fba0d788295226bf04b7a2895.png

We got to see that one close up when we were in Barcelona a couple of years ago.  Although there were guards, they let us walk right beside it and take photos.  It belongs to Roman Abramovich a Russian gazillionaire, and was reported to have been valued at $590 million in 2010.  With depreciation, we can almost afford it now.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 3