The Daily for Saturday Sep 19, 2020

richwmn

today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day, National Butterscotch Pudding Day, and International Coastal Cleanup Day 

Meal suggestion for today - Grilled Basil Chicken and Tomatoes

Men take only their needs into consideration -- never their abilities.
        -- Napoleon Bonaparte

Drink of the Day - Frozen Mango Margarita

Wine of the day - Snowden Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley Brothers Vineyard vintage 2016

At Sea Atlantic
Westerdam destination Southampton, Great Britain eta 9/23

At Sea Caribbean
Oosterdam destination Willemstad eta 9/27

At Sea Mediterranean Sea
Zuiderdam destination Marsaxlokk Malta eta 9/21

Balboa Panama Anchorage
Koningsdam

Limassol Cyprus
Noordam

Scheveningen NL Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Eurodam
Nieuw Amsterdam

0919World.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

Ahrrr, cleanup day is a great idea.  I'll pass on the pudding but like the quote and the meal suggestion.

Today’s care list:

Mrs Vmax

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Sososailor

Smoke for Victoriann AndiLand, and her in-laws

Himself’s and my left arms

Kazu with shingles-

The Gulf Coast and Georgia after Sally

Those in the path of Teddy

RIP Justice Ginsburg

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Front line health workers

Himself healing

Mask makers

Vaccines

Return to school for some of our most at risk kids

and memories of the four ships leaving the fleet

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Ahoy Mateys.

Thanks for the Daily.

Love the quote.

It's frosty here this morning, I needed a warm jacket and gloves when I walked the dog.  Wished I'd put on ear muffs too.  But, it's supposed to be a sunny day, so that's great.

Too cold for a frozen cocktail for me, but I'll have wine with dinner.  Thanks for the meal suggestion, but I'm going to put a beef roast in the crockpot, with potatoes and carrots.  Maybe I'll make butterscotch pudding for dessert.

Sending prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers to everyone celebrating.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 8

This  morning I should  have  worn gloves  but  did  need  a  fleece   jacket   to  walk  the   dog. I  love   the  menu   suggestions  and   had delicious  butterscotch  pudding only  last   week. My DD  and  SIL  are  our  "bubblemates" and  made   the  pudding  for our usual"Sunday  Dinner". This   is   the   highlight   of  our  week. Have  a  lovely  day everyone.

• Like 8

Good morning and thanks for the update.

Its currently warmer in Anchorage and Juneau than in SE Pennsylvania 😱

I will keep the menu suggestion for another day. 
Today I’m supporting another Fire company annual fundraiser :Steak and Lobster- 1 lb whole lobster, 8oz Delmonico, baked potato, ear of corn, coleslaw,applesauce, roll and drink. Tickets were $25 . It’s sold out.

Blessings and prayers to all on our lists.

• Like 10

I do not have any sunrise photos from Septerber 19, so I'll post the last one from the trip where I sailed the Carnival Fantasy.  I spent a couple of additional days with my brother in Charleston, and stopped overnight on the way home in Rocky Mount, NC.  This was taken that last morning, September 22.

dawn0920.jpg

Roy

• Like 15

Good morning Rich. Thanks for being here when I wake up:}

For a little guy, Bonaparte had some good one liners..

Chicken sounds good for today. I had way too much to eat last night at an Italian restaurant with friends. Gov. Abbott opened restaurants to 75%, but we were still the only 5 people in the place. I hope they can make it.

Good morning sisters Ann and Denise. Deeni do you still have sweet Paisley or did she go back to mom? Ann I saw 3 fawns on our way to dinner and one was so close to the street I worried about it.

Good morning Roy and Jacqui. I hope Roy's arm is better and Jacqui hangs on. Feel better soon!

Thanks for cares, prayers, happy hour toasts and garden pictures. 

So I took a tumble off the moving truck July 1st and after the bumps and bruises faded still have a hip and back ache. Went for Xrays yesterday and doctor says I have osteo arthritis, but no breaks thank goodness. Having bone density test next month. I somehow feel so much better now knowing nothing is cracked! 🤗

Our new door looks beautiful. I will send before and after photo next.

Love and blessings to all. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Pirate Jokes and Humor

Pin by The Optical Journal on Comical Comics | Eye jokes, Doctor humor,  Optometry humor

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! The list of ships seems so much shorter. Hope your work is a little bit easier.   Roy thank you for updating our lists. I will be toasting to RBG tonight - such a strong advocate for equal justice. 

Avast ye Dailyites & my Sisters - hope all is well. Joy, your door is gorgeous! Great choice. I am glad nothing is broken, but hopefully there are things that can help the arthritis. Hope your fawns are ok. Mine are now teenagers or fully grown. My deer gang has been very active lately.  I am heading out after coffee #2 to help with our coastal cleanup. It is horrifying to see the hundreds, perhaps thousands of plastic bottle caps that the “rakes” uncover. Always worse after big storms, but we still manage to fill a huge number of trash bags. And a local State Park always thanks us by giving us a couple of free passes. 

Someone else can have my pudding. Heading over to a friends for a veggie frittata, salad & wine tonight, though the suggested meal sounds interesting. Great quote!

Prayers for those who need our support. 
Cheers to all we are celebrating.

Stay well everyone!

This highly rated Napa Cab is out of my price range: $64 - $99. This one has the aroma of “pencil lead”.  I am fairly certain that I have never sniffed pencil lead in my lifetime.

#91 Wine Spectator Top 100 of 2019

The 2016 Brothers shows the signature aromas of wines from this vineyard: pencil lead, cedar, cloves, blackberries, blueberries and sage, but in 2016 there in an extra dimension. It vibrates with life. On the palate, it is layered, long and changing. It is impressive in its power and concentration. This wine will live for decades – delicious now, but also worth waiting for.

WS94 Wine Spectator

Offers a tasty core of plum and blackberry fruit, backed by lively anise and apple wood notes. Restrained overall, with an alluring freshness and a subtle charcoal hint lingering deftly at the end. Drink now through 2032.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 8

Arrrrrgh.....good morning Rich, Roy, and all the daily-ites.

The quote is spot on.

Joy, your door is fabulous.

Frozen Mango Margarita:

One 10-ounce bag frozen diced mango

2/3 cup tequila (preferably silver, 80 proof)

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

2 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Cointreau

2 tablespoons superfine sugar

2 cups ice water

Have a great Saturday, stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.  Numbers are sounding good, want them to continue.

• Like 6

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  Arrrhhh, t'is a fine day to make some butterscotch pudding.  If we lived by a coast, we'd certainly be out helping to clean it up - it distresses me whenever we see trash on beaches and coastlines.

@1ANGELCAT  I'd love to attend that fundraiser with you . . . great price for surf & turf.

@Seasick Sailor  your door is so pretty; it looks like a combination of Art Deco and Frank Lloyd Wright.

@cat shepard  a wine that, while out of my price range, also has hints of "pencil lead" and "charcoal" tells me I don't want to try it.   LOL

We had a great birthday bbq last night for my SIL's birthday, and yes, we had tons of leftovers.  I spent half an hour creating take-home packages for our 4 guests, and we still have lots for ourselves.  That being said, it'll be leftovers tonight with butterscotch pudding for dessert.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone on the list and for those who don't even think they need them.   Be safe, stay well!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

It sure is Coastal clean up day here with preparation for Teddy.  And clean up your yard, decks, etc day too 😉 

Napoleon was right on with that quote 😉 

It’s cold here.  The frost warning came true.  I did cover the chilies and hope it warms up a bit so we can get to work outside.  I’ll try to get a few pics before we bring down some of the planters 😞 It’s definitely too cold to enjoy the drink suggestion tonight. We’ll settle for wine 😉 Sadly we have another frost warning for tonight.  WTH?  It’s way too early for all of these frost warnings. 

I guess I was a step ahead on the meal suggestion.  We had chicken quesadillas last night.  
Tonight will be Argentinian tenderloin I think on the bbq, weather permitting.  I’m looking for easy meals that don’t make me use my back or stand too long 😉 

@1ANGELCAT good for you on the fundraiser.  Sounds like a yummy way to raise money 😉 

Prayers for those on the Care list and a toast to those on the celebration list!

Have a great Saturday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your mask.

• Like 9

Ahoy, mateys!  I may have to dig in my drawer and find my Disney Cruise pirate bandanna to wear today.  They give them to everyone prior to the Pirate Party on the top deck each cruise.  Arrrrgggghhhh!

Butterscotch pudding reminds me of my Dad.  It was his favorite.  Good memories.  I wish I had some here.  

Joy, your new glass door is beautiful!  Very distinctive, and probably not another one like it in your neighborhood.

Jacqui, I hope you are feeling well today and not in misery with your shingles.  A friend had it and begged us to get our vaccines ASAP which we did.  

Speaking of the twins, this morning we saw a huge deer in the backyard.  He was gazing down the slope towards the golf course.  Golfers are back on the course today after all the rain we had the other night from Sally.  The golfers at the second tee were probably gazing right back at him.  DH saw him through the window from the treadmill and yelled to me to come see.  Such beautiful (and destructive to your plantings) creatures.

• Like 7

Good Morning everyone!

Joy, love the door. It’s stunning.

We’re planning on having ours painted soon as they are checking. Badly. Would so love to get a new set, but they are an odd size and the original builder installed them in such a way that it would take a lot of cutting and rebuilding, and an obscene price tag. 

Rich, I’m taking you up on the meal suggestion. I defrosted chicken last night and we ended up ordering take out to celebrate receipt of my pension award letter. It turns out to actually be more than the estimate. 😁🙃 And what made it even cooler was DH suggested we celebrate.🥰

So today is errands, gardening, riding and sewing. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Frozen Mango Margarita:

One 10-ounce bag frozen diced mango

2/3 cup tequila (preferably silver, 80 proof)

1/4 cup fresh lime juice

2 tablespoons orange liqueur, such as Cointreau

2 tablespoons superfine sugar

2 cups ice water

This sounds delicious. I just noticed mango in the market. I am going to make this drink tonight. Looks like it should serve 2.  😜

• Like 4

Good morning and thanks for all the cheery words and pictures.

I agree that Seasick Sailor's door has a Frank Lloyd Wright motif, and I appreciate that classy look with clean lines.

Seeing Roy's picture of the gorgeous sunrise in Rocky Mount makes my mouth water, because Rocky Mount is several hours away from us, but sometimes we make a special trip there, because the old-timey grocery store has a butcher shop in the back that sells store-made sausage that is legendary.

I have leftover salted caramel ice cream from last night that might suffice for butterscotch pudding for tonight.  My new machine makes a lot more than my old machine, so we have plenty more.  I put chopped up Twix bars in it because DH like add-ins, and it was really good.

Have a good Saturday, and stay kind.

Cindy

• Like 9