When sailings resume

brenderlou

1 hour ago, brenderlou said:

Heard from someone that sells to cruise ships and they were told sailing to resume in March. Just passing it along.

Simple answer - no one knows.

Not even the reincarnation of Nostradamus... is there were such a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just curious to what they sell/supply to the cruise lines, to which they do not need until March? 

I don’t want to go into specific details but it is a food and the business is in S FL. Was told this today. She said the cruise line told her.

I have a Thanksgiving cruise I want to go on and was bummed to hear this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

I don’t want to go into specific details but it is a food and the business is in S FL. Was told this today. She said the cruise line told her.

I have a Thanksgiving cruise I want to go on and was bummed to hear this.

If it is a food service company that is a telling sign. It’s one thing to take on low supplies for current crew on board VS a ship at half to full capacity.  This is a real sign, however if things do improve it can be ramped up quickly when needed.  

Thanks for the share, even though it is what some do not want to hear. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If it is a food service company that is a telling sign. It’s one thing to take on low supplies for current crew on board VS a ship at half to full capacity.  This is a real sign, however if things do improve it can be ramped up quickly when needed.  

Thanks for the share, even though it is what some do not want to hear. 

My first thought was, if it's correct, is it for one Port or all of them. 

My first thought was, if it's correct, is it for one Port or all of them. 

No idea....didn’t think about that as the ports around us are Miami and FLL. We will see if this is true or not soon. I hope not. I have a Thanksgiving cruise and my in laws have one in January.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

No idea....didn’t think about that as the ports around us are Miami and FLL. We will see if this is true or not soon. I hope not. I have a Thanksgiving cruise and my in laws have one in January.

Could it be they mean that March is when cruising resumes at full operation as some cruise line executives have stated, and there's a chance for a limited schedule starting in November if the CDC does not extend the no-sail order?

The CDC no-sail order expires Wednesday night.  I think if they planned on extending it they would have done so by now.  Hope that translates into a positive outcome. 

Edited by livingonthebeach
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, brenderlou said:

Doesn’t seem promising for Thanksgiving but hopefully your in-laws have some luck in January. The CDC still has to give approval over and above everything.

The day cruising will officially resume, I will be the first one to book a cruise, a Mediterranean cruise - my favorite one. I think it will happen next year and I will be paying the money I ve been saving all this year. I will get some nice cabin for sure 

13 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

There is no way cruises are going to resume this year :(... covid cases are starting to rise again in states.., hopefully by next March we can all enjoy cruising again.

Cruises already resumed!  So false news.  However, the big question is will it resume in Florida, and which ones.  100% of the cruises are not going to resume on the same day.  It will be staggered reopening, with trials.  Those trials have already started outside the USA.  

• Like 1