When sailings resume

brenderlou

1 hour ago, BillOh said:

Everyone is quick to critique these posts, I guess everyone wants to add something, but before any cruise does start Royal has a lot to do before they announce, so I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of word leak out.  My son in law, works for GFS food which supplies a lot of food from the Miami and Port Everglades port to Royal.   I've been watching Brilliance and Rhapsody sitting in St Martin for a couple of weeks now. I've had the ships on an extra screen for hours at a time and haven't seen any movement. I did see Brilliance taking on fuel a week or so ago.  There is so much that has to happen before they announce crews returning.  I'll bet we here a lot of posts this way.

For all we know, they could be taking on crew with all on the international flights arriving from MIA, AMS, and CDG just about every day.  We would never know from watching the PTZTV feeds.

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If it is then having worked in Staten Island in the summer of 1959 when there was not a bridge from Brooklyn I have more than 60 cruises.

You're a Staten Island Pinnacle and get to wear the coveted gold Verrazzano Bridge Badge and have free drinks from the water fountain during Happy Hour.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I went to a Captain's information seminar once while on the Harmony and he said they look at the information for things like what country and how many of what age group will be onboard in two weeks and that is how they determine what to order. They also keep track of how many are getting back on the ship at any given time while in a port to determine when to cook more food for different venue's on the ship.

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Wow,that is the best thing ever to happen to me.I am so honored.

Indeed!

Don't forget to wear your Pinnacle gold Verrazzano Bridge Badge both on and off the ship.  You will be amazed at the number of people who come up to you and ask for directions to the rest room.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Indeed!

Don't forget to wear your Pinnacle gold Verrazzano Bridge Badge both on and off the ship.  You will be amazed at the number of people who come up to you and ask for directions to the rest room.

I look forward to that.I will wear my badge with great honor .I cannot wait to tell all my relatives and friends.Perhaps one day there shall be a photo of me at the cruise port.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I look forward to that.I will wear my badge with great honor .I cannot wait to tell all my relatives and friends.Perhaps one day there shall be a photo of me at the cruise port.

Forgot to mention that you will also have , from 5PM to 8PM, use of the outdoor area of the Upper Deck where you can munch on a hot dog (extra charge) and take photos of Miss Liberty.

8 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

I bet you could sell some monogrammed face masks.

After I retired I briefly had a job for an advertising promotions company.We printed ads for Doctors,Dentists and Lawyers on everything possible from pens to calendars.We bought pens at a ridiculous low price in great quantity.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2020 at 9:06 AM, nu_cruzer1 said:

If cruising resumes from the US in November, what will happen to travelers from states that must quarantine for 14 days.  So, if I am from Las Vegas and my cruise is out of NJ, will I have to quarantine for 14 days in NJ before my cruise?  If this has been answered on another thread, can you kindly redirect me so that I can see the answer.  Thank you.

Don't worry no one will be cruising from NY or NJ anytime soon. We aren't open completely like Florida. 25% capacity for indoor dining in NYC just started today.  Brooklyn is seeing spikes again from Covid. 

44 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was told Pinnacle.I am trying not to post on the Covid threads because people who think they will be cruising soon do not like me saying that cruising as we knew it may not be back for years.

All of the threads are covid related or turn into covid related threads.   6 months in and they still can't face the reality of closed ports and the logistics for starting up.     

Edited by Iamcruzin

16 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

All of the threads are covid related or turn into covid related threads.   6 months in and they still can't face the reality of closed ports and the logistics for starting up.     

The threads in the Floataway Lounge are not Covid related.