Azamara Suspends until Spring 2021, Brings all 3 Ships Back

Host Jazzbeau

I just received an email from Azamara that all cruises have been suspended until Quest sailing  3/20/21 in Europe., Journey 4/9/21 & Pursuit 5/9/21. For cruise before 4/30/21 that are being cancelled you can get 100% refund, 125% fcc or lift & shift.

Edited by dabear
  • Like 1

Let us all hope that we will in fact be able to resume cruising safely by those dates.

Although disappointing for those whose cruises have now been officially cancelled, many must be relieved that the ongoing uncertainty has been removed from the affected sail dates.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Royal and Celebrity cancelled only through 12/1

This is because Royal and Celebrity have some short cruises departing from Florida homeports (Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Port Canaveral, etc.), in which they still have little hope that these cruises may operate in December.

But the 3 Azamara ships sail in South America, Australia, Africa respectively in the coming half year. This is highly impossible that those ports will re-open, or most of the passengers will be banned from entry to those countries in the exotic itineraries. So it is logical to cancel the entire season.

• Like 2

And the three Azamara ships are in Scotland which is under much tighter restrictions than even England though our rates per 100,000 are lower. 
Getting crew back won’t be easy. Let’s hope Lisbon is fully open for Quest in March. 

26 minutes ago, uktog said:

Scotland which is under much tighter restrictions than even England though our rates per 100,000 are lower.

Rates vary so much, we have less than 2 cases in the Colne Valley, but our Metropolitan area of Kirklees has high rates to the East of Huddersfield, so we are in a Local lock down. Rates vary daily, so there are weekly changes, which make planning for anything very difficult.

For the first time ever, we will wait to book a cruise until the ships are actually sailing. 

• Like 2

Currently if times were normal we would be on Quest in Split, but instead have taken the opportunity to move all of our booking out into the future. Our next cruise should be again on Quest but in September 2021, it would be nice to think that we will actually be taking that cruise with a modicum of normality but are not that confident.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Rates vary so much, we have less than 2 cases in the Colne Valley, but our Metropolitan area of Kirklees has high rates to the East of Huddersfield, so we are in a Local lock down. Rates vary daily, so there are weekly changes, which make planning for anything very difficult.

For the first time ever, we will wait to book a cruise until the ships are actually sailing. 

I feel the same, unfortunately way to many things are unknown, not booking any holidays the for foreseeable future..

• Like 1

I for one are happy with Azamara announcement. At least some uncertainty is removed for 6 months.  Well off to check my snail mail and get offerings from Oceania and Viking for cruises they know are not going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Three ships in the Mediterranean?  What happened to the rest of the world?  I guess that although I have cruised a lot on Azamara, they are out for me for the indefinite future until they can come up w some more interesting places to visit.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Three ships in the Mediterranean?  What happened to the rest of the world?  I guess that although I have cruised a lot on Azamara, they are out for me for the indefinite future until they can come up w some more interesting places to visit.

DON

Because they always start their summer sailing pattern in the Med then move around all points Europe. They were hardly going to drive to South Africa, South America or the Far East just to have to come straight back. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

DON

Where the heck are the supposed to go?  Give them some credit for attempting to start their season.

• Like 9

26 minutes ago, uktog said:

Because they always start their summer sailing pattern in the Med then move around all points Europe. They were hardly going to drive to South Africa, South America or the Far East just to have to come straight back. 

Has you say it's nothing new has all 3 should have been together in the Med/Adriatic to finish this year's summer season.