Iona joins P&O fleet today.

molecrochip

All being well we have booked her for April 24th to Norway 🙏 

I was on my Japan roll call the other day and who should pop up was roger with another statement that didn’t make any sense 😂 looks like I could be meeting him in 2022 😱I might need to cancel 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

I was on my Japan roll call the other day and who should pop up was roger with another statement that didn’t make any sense 😂 looks like I could be meeting him in 2022 😱I might need to cancel 

I think you are fairly safe. Roger posts a lot, but travels very little, apart from in his own bedroom.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

As Wowzz said, Roger posts on many and diverse threads. He popped up on a Fred Olsen thread and I have no reason to believe he has ever sailed them or has any genuine interest in them...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

.Moored next to it once, it is stunning and usually full of wealthy Germans.

I've had quite a few drunken evenings with German friends and business colleagues, but I'm not sure that I'm ready for a 7 night cruise in a ship full of Germans. Mind you, they do like Mr Bean!

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Just looked online - stunning ship, extra stunning prices!

It is.   Have a look online at her sister Europa 2, she's equally beautiful and pricey.   I've had the privilege of working around a dozen days onboard both when they've visited Edinburgh.  Europa, in particular, is an annual visitor.

43 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Still surprised that they are holding back on the publicity for this. I've seen it suggested that they might do some sort of announcement on Monday...???

I suppose one of the problems facing the P&O marketing department,  is that they still can't give a definitive date as to when the first cruise will take place.

• Like 1

Just to be miserable - still think it is sad to see any new ship handed over at the moment. Celebrity APEX is the same - all named and handed over to the company but with nowhere to go and nothing to do 😞

Re the 2 ships - personally prefer something inbetween the 2 ships size wise. I know this is the P&O area but Celebrity EDGE is stunning.

8 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I suppose one of the problems facing the P&O marketing department,  is that they still can't give a definitive date as to when the first cruise will take place.

They could be waiting until a resumption of cruising is confirmed.  Many P&O cruisers have become despondant, and they may hope that the excitment of unveiling the inside of Iona will  stir up interest again and encourage  people to begin booking.

Avril

• Like 1