The Daily for Sunday Oct 25, 2020

richwmn

today is International Artist Day, Mother-In-Law Day, and Punk for a Day Day

Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so.
        -- Ford Prefect

Meal suggestion for today - Lemon Pepper Chicken

Drink of the Day - Paloma

Wine of the day - Pierre Luneau-Papin Muscadet de Sèvre et Maine Sur Lie Clos des Allées vintage 2018

At Sea Caribbean
Eurodam destination Sint Eustatius eta 10/26
Nieuw Amsterdam destination Caracas Bay eta 10/27

Balboa Anchorage
Koningsdam

Brindisi Italy Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Katakolon Greece Anchorage
Noordam

Torquay GB
Nieuw Statendam
Volendam
Westerdam
Zaandam

Willemstad
Oosterdam

1025World.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  I don't have a Mother-in-Law, and the days seem a bit on the odd side.  Love the Quote, and Lemon Pepper Chicken sounds quite nice as well.  My alternate menu suggestion today is Fruit Ceviche, Salisbury Steak, and Mango Crisp, as served on the Amsterdam, October 25, 2017.

dishes25.jpg

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

California and Colorado Wildfires, especially East Troublesome Fire

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and shoutouts:

Mickb, our eyes in Torquay

Front Line Health Care Workers

Teachers and school workers

Fall colors

Spring coming to New Zealand

A wealth of birthdays and anniversaries

Lindaler’s sister and BIL coming for a visit.

and Jason out of the hospital and back home

Roy

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, thanks for the Daily.

Love that quote!

I don't have a mother in law, but my husband's MIL is a gem.

Thanks for the dinner suggestion, but we had chicken the other night.  I might go for salisbury steak though.  Your pictures look very appetizing Roy, thanks.

Looking forward to reading about the drink and the wine.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Stay safe.

• Like 11

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich! Another great combo. Love art - in all its forms! No MIL to celebrate. I will allow my inner punk to escape today. Roy, thank you for keeping our lists. Summer, looking forward to reading about a Paloma. The very name conjures up visions of a windswept plain in Spain overlooking the Atlantic. Morning Dailyites & my Sisters!

The quote was right on when I still worked. Tonight I am having the salmon I found when foraging in the freezer drawers the other day. 

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

Well this wine led me on a merry chase this morning. I found it on winesearcher.com, but the best I info I can share is that it is: a Loire Valley white, has a crisp & flinty taste, an average 90 rating from experts, 3.5 out of 5 from people like us and a price around $20. The name is almost longer than the info I found! And definitely longer than today’s quote! But it does sound interesting. 

• Like 12

Good Sunday morning.  International artist day....I belong to several groups of international card makers.  My MIL was a wonderful person, I miss her.  And Punk for a day, I don't know what that means.

The meal sounds good, will have to look into that for tonight.

Paloma:

Ingredients: One part tequila, Three parts grapefruit soda
Preparation: Stir together and serve over ice.
Served: On the rocks; poured over ice
Standard garnish: Lime wedge

Prayers for all of us as the virus is rising again. Congratulations to our list, and welcome home Jason.
Stay safe, social distance, and please please wear your mask.
  • Like 12

Good morning Rich. Sure appreciate the Daily. Thank you.

Good morning sisters, Ann and Denise, Roy, and summer. Thank you for your contributions to our wonderful thread.

Praying for Jason to get stronger each day!

I don't know what's for dinner yet. Thinking maybe meeting friends at Luigi's for lamb shanks. Couldn't get them off my mind last night and couldn't make a flight to Ichiban's. But thanks for the invite!

No on having a Paloma. Have not had grapefruit in years. Ann the wine sounds interesting. I may look into it, although I have some great whites already listed I haven't gotten to try yet. 

I loved my mother-in-law. I was able to enjoy her company for almost 8 year's before she passed away. No parents now on either side.

Joke4Fun Memes: Mother in law at Target

So Denise, we decided to cancel Maui for next year totally. My sister has someone who wants to take her family, so they booked 3 of the 2 bedrooms at Westin. If there is a true vaccine, we will stick to cruising. It was a tough decision, but we're ok with it.

Looks like today will reach 79 and the next 3 days are expecting rain. Good. We need it!

Everyone have a blessed Sunday. Call a loved one. Send a note. They will appreciate it.

• Like 11
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

I’ll happily celebrate the artists everywhere.  No MIL sadly ❤️ and I’ll pass on the punk 😉 

Love the quote and the meal suggestion sounds wonderful.

The drink of the day is a good one and @cat shepard that white wine (yay 😄 ) sounds intriguing and great.

It’s turned way too cold to suit me today.  Thankfully, yesterday I did get all my planters put away in the shed.  It was a built of a challenge as some planters were given to others and I had 6 new ones which meant I had to get creative in my little shed.  I did succeed 🙂 

80634AC9-7ED2-4E53-8E3E-23DC877FFF07.thumb.jpeg.ee6396e1eda573e107282a27c107a6f0.jpeg

Next week is Daylight Savings time and I am seriously considering this:

BAE83D01-AB5D-45EE-9728-E391B8D2073C.thumb.jpeg.6941c88e2628ef128a6c8e2957ef9e83.jpeg

Prayers to everyone on Roy’s Care list & for anyone who needs them and a big toast to those on the Celebratory list.

Have a great Sunday everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 19
  • Haha 1

Good morning all, happy Sunday.   Thanks Rich for sharing interesting information with us each day.  I will look up a recipe for chicken and add it to my list, the drink gets a pass.  Punk for a day could be celebrated on the 31st. Sharing a few pictures I just took through the window.  Guess what’s on the menu for this beastie.  DH decided to put one of our pie pumpkins out, the squirrels and birds are enjoying it - and so are we by watching them.  

2F97939A-8CB8-4D2B-9789-3D36CF377A4B.jpeg

01FF5E43-5E51-4D02-9C6D-B54AFEC7279F.jpeg

B11C7E63-F1A9-4248-8412-2107B811EA28.jpeg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

So Denise, we decided to cancel Maui for next year totally. My sister has someone who wants to take her family, so they booked 3 of the 2 bedrooms at Westin. If there is a true vaccine, we will stick to cruising. It was a tough decision, but we're ok with it.

Good morning Joy🌺

We so agree with you too!! A sad decision but a safe one for now!! Just think, if we didn’t get our flight out in time we probably would still be there! House or no house not being able to go anywhere was sad. I am not ready to fly again for now. But on a good note they are opening up Whalers Village as per our gardener says. Will see!

🌺🌸🌺🌸 Take care sis

Denise😊

• Like 5

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  I slept in this morning; it's been years since I've awakened at 8AM - wow!  I'm not an artist, but certainly appreciate their amazing talents; both DH and I had the loveliest of mother-in-laws, and miss them dearly, and I may turn punk for a day by mis-buttoning my sweater and just leaving it that way.  LOL

Yesterday DH and I decided it was time to get out of the house for a bit, so we stopped at a drive-through and picked up large Tim's coffees, and drove through new areas of our city.  Wow, what an eye-opener; we live in an older (early 1970's) area with large lots and big driveways - the new areas are frightening where you could literally jump from one rooftop to another, and there's only enough room for 1 car on the driveway.  Three hours after we began our touring, we returned home and realize just how fortunate we are to live where we do.

I really like the drink of the day, as I love grapefruit - it sounds like a great cooler on a summer day.  I like the menu suggestion for tonight, but will have to get a lemon to complete the dish.  I think lemon pepper chicken with rice and a vegetable will make a nice dinner tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for those who need them, and even for those who don't think they do.   Raising of the wineglass for all on the celebration list as well.  Be safe, stay well.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 10

🌺Have a great Sunday all! Celebrations for International Artists Day!! Love art.

My MIL passed several years ago and taught me some wonderful recipes and was a so loved.

🌺Thanks to both Rich And Roy!!

🌺Ann that was one long name for that wine! Love French wine especially Sancerre!

🌺Summer I think I will pass on the drink. 
Have a good day everyone!! 
🌸To Joy and Ann!! Have a relaxing Sunday!

Denise😊

• Like 7

Today my family will return to " cruising"! We are going on a close friends pontoon boat to cruise the Banana River!  Plan to stop for a picnic, it will be fun. Not quite the same but at least it is a boat on the water. LOL

Stay safe everyone and enjoy this beautiful Sunday.

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Today my family will return to " cruising"! We are going on a close friends pontoon boat to cruise the Banana River!  Plan to stop for a picnic, it will be fun. Not quite the same but at least it is a boat on the water. LOL

Stay safe everyone and enjoy this beautiful Sunday.

Enjoy your "cruise"!

Smooth Sailing! 🙂 🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 4

Quiet day here. Clouds are gathering and the temps dropping. While our corner of the state does not expect much in the way of rain/snow, we are all hoping that Mother Nature takes heart and really dumps up around the East Troublesome Fire area. We need moisture too.... so we are hoping for some off of this storm but they need it more than we do.

Foods suggested sound good... but it will be homemade beef vegetable stew for me tonight. Plan to make a loaf of bread to go with it. Someway I am not feeling very creative these days.

Susan

• Like 10

Thank you for the Daily, Rich , Roy, and all contributors!

Today many churches are also celebrating Reformation Day! On our virtual service this morning, our music director played "A Mighty Fortress" on 30 handbells and the organ. Simultaneously. Zoom technology is wonderful, and she's an amazingly talented lady!

Edited by NextOne
  • Like 10

Today's sunrise is from a trip that hasn't been represented yet.  A number of my trips have evolved from something I missed in a prior trip.  In 2007 I sailed Silversea Rome to Dubai and got document too late to visit the Valley of the Kings in Egypt.  A couple years later I filled that gap by booking a Nile River cruise but missed out on a tour to Alexandria I the day before the tour started.  When Serenity had a nice tour visiting Alexandria in 2010 I booked it, followed by another med cruise on the Wind Surf, and QM2 back home from Southampton.  This is the sunrise our last day in Alexandria, October 25, 2010.

IMG_2830.thumb.JPG.d88b32cb1a93aad9b9e749e5791a4592.JPG

Roy

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

I want to preface the following MIL jokes by saying that I have one awesome mother-in-law, Carmen "Carmita" originally from from Cuba, in this pic with Carlos, my father-in-law (may he rest in peace) and my future wife 😍 

Maria 1964 1st Birthday #2.jpg

God Bless them and may Rest in Peace.!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all!  Thank you to Rich and Roy for the Daily news.  Did you watch the video of the HAL ships in Torbay?  So sad...

My mother-in-law was Irish.  'Nuff said.

Maybe I was an international artist!  When we lived in Nairobi I took a lot of classes, oils and watercolour.  I painted mainly on bits of wood or paper, and I thought everything had been tossed.  Recently DD brought out a bunch of stuff she had had framed.  What a surprise, but nice memories.  

Mount Kilimanjaro

IMG_5249.thumb.jpeg.f834f8bc458f232d9569c10cb26d2a6a.jpeg

Mount Kenya

IMG_5248.thumb.jpeg.fb4c983c68b47fd1654de1d965410a44.jpeg

I apologize for the glare!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2