Lift and Shift

CruisinRoxy

Here is the detailed conditions of L&S that are in the FAQ pages.

Which bookings are eligible to Lift & Shift (move to next year)?

Existing bookings and new bookings made between May 6, 2020 and November 30, 2020 are eligible to be rescheduled to the following cruise year up through May 4, 2022 at the original price and/or promotion when selecting an alternative sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, stateroom category, and voyage length within four weeks of the original sail date. The ship series must be the same for Edge Series, Flora and Xpedition; however, Millennium Series and Solstice Series are interchangeable. Only guests originally booked on a Christmas or New Year’s Holiday sailing may move to a Christmas or New Year’s Holiday sailing the following year. 

The decision to move a booking to the following year must be made by November 30, 2020,  unless the booking: (i) was on an Australia/New Zealand November 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020 sailing cancelled by Celebrity Cruises as part of global suspension, in which case guests have until September 28, 2020; (ii) was on a September 16, 2020 to September 30, 2020  cruise cancelled by us as part of global suspension, in which case guests have until August 5, 2020; (iii) was on an October 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020 Australia/New Zealand cruise cancelled by us as part of global suspension, in which case guests have until September 9, 2020; or (iv) was on an October 1, 2020 to October 31, 2020 (excluding Australia/New Zealand and Celebrity Solstice 10/16/20, 10/18/20, 10/28/20) or Celebrity Silhouette 11/8/20, 11/20/20 and Celebrity Infinity 11/16/20, in which case guests had until August 20, 2020; or (v) was on a November 1 - 30, 2020 sailings (with the exception of any previously canceled sailings) as well as our remaining 2020/21 Winter Season in Asia and Australia sailings cancelled by us as part of global suspension, in which case guests have until October 16, 2020. This includes rescheduling a 2021 sailing to a 2022 sailing through May 4, 2022.

Bookings on March 14, 2020 - September 15, 2020 sailings cancelled by Celebrity Cruises as part of global suspension are eligible to be  “Lifted & Shifted” under our Cruise With Confidence program. If a guest chooses to “Lift & Shift” a reservation on a cruise we cancelled to a future sailing, the 125% FCC or refund options will no longer be available.

If the original sailing was subject to cancellation charges, the cancellation charges incurred based on the prior cancellation schedule will follow the booking to the new sailing. If the guest subsequently cancels his or her booking on the later sailing, the cancellation charges to be assessed will be the cancellation charges incurred:  (i) under the original booking’s cancellation schedule; or (ii) under the cancellation schedule for the later sailing, whichever is greater. 

A guest may reschedule a sailing under “Lift & Shift” only once. Once the Lift & Shift option has been applied, the guest may not change the ship or sail date again without losing the original price and promotion.

59 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Just pulled this from Celebrity website:

• Taxes, Fees, Transfers and Pre/Post Cruise Hotel or Airfare rates are not included in the price protection.
  • Lift & Shift can only be made once and must be done by November 30, 2020. Bookings for 2021 sail dates may shift to 2022 sail dates as long as the decision is made by November 30, 2020.
  • If you originally booked on a Christmas or New Year Holiday sailing, you may move to a Christmas or New Year Holiday sailing in the following year.
  • If you booked a Nonrefundable Deposit cruise, you may move it to the same time next year without a change fee, however, all penalties will move with the booking.
  • Once the Lift & Shift option has been applied you may not rebook on your original sailing. 

Thanks for that.  I saw the 2nd point in another thread and thought perhaps it applied to our Dec. '21 cruise even though Feb. '22 isn't a year later and in that 4 week window.  Also wondered if X is telling us there's a chance or even possible no cruises in 2021 or they want a clear idea of how many are going to stick through '21.  Anyway, must decided I suppose by 11/30/20.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

Thanks for that.  I saw the 2nd point in another thread and thought perhaps it applied to our Dec. '21 cruise even though Feb. '22 isn't a year later and in that 4 week window.  Also wondered if X is telling us there's a chance or even possible no cruises in 2021 or they want a clear idea of how many are going to stick through '21.  Anyway, must decided I suppose by 11/30/20.

Yes and I have a B2B on APEX, starting May 1, 2021, I'm not L&S yet, but I fully expect that I will before Nov 30, 2020.  We should know more by then, and I will be able to make my own formed personal decision for us.

Has anyone been allowed to Lift and Shift outside of 30 day window?  I want to shift to a cruise that starts 32 days prior to current - the next year of course - but so far no luck when doing chat with Celebrity.   As I have a cruise already scheduled for the same time frame in 2022, I am having issues.  Cannot shift to the new cruise as it is not the same and can't move 2022 either as it is a limited offer itinerary.  

On 10/26/2020 at 11:43 AM, CruisinRoxy said:

Hi All!

So today is the day we were supposed pay off the balance for our Jan 23 2021 cruise.   And with just 90 days to go and Covid on the increase through most of the country (and world for that matter), I'm thinking the cruise industry will be in a slump well into 2021.   Not to mention flying to San Juan and dealing with all of that.   I'm just wondering what you folks are doing, or have done over the last 8 months in regards to postponing your cruises.   Celebrity has the "Lift and Shift".  Some of the problem is getting the stateroom you want in 2022, that you had booked in 2021.    I did it and got a comparable one, not the same.  But that's ok, at least I didn't lose the deposit, or any promotions.  Glad I didn't book any flights or hotels at this point.    Any comments or ideas?

There are several threads where dozens of people discussed what they did.  Some happy with L&S and some not.  Many cancelled 

8 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

Does anyone know the definition of "Itinerary type? I can get the same ship, within 4 weeks but it is not the same ports of call. Both are 7 days, both in the Caribbean, is this considered the same itinerary? 

That would be ok. We shifted from one to another with different ports no problem.

On 11/3/2020 at 5:52 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

There are several threads where dozens of people discussed what they did.  Some happy with L&S and some not.  Many cancelled 

We L&S 1 early Jan and are getting close to L&S a Feb. We will not sail without a vaccine. We have until near the end of Nov. We are waiting to see if there is a vaccine or if we need to L&S. 

Quite frankly, I need a vacation......

• 2 weeks later...

The latest from celebrity, lift and shift deadline extended to 1/31/2021:

"Lift & Shift:

Want to take the same cruise the following year for the same price and with the same promotion? You can. We’ll protect your original cruise fare price and promotion when selecting an alternate sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, cruise length, and stateroom category within 4 weeks of the original sail date. Simply make this change by January 31, 2021."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence#lift-shift

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 6:18 PM, cainweb said:

The latest from celebrity, lift and shift deadline extended to 1/31/2021:

"Lift & Shift:

Want to take the same cruise the following year for the same price and with the same promotion? You can. We’ll protect your original cruise fare price and promotion when selecting an alternate sailing of the same itinerary type, ship series, cruise length, and stateroom category within 4 weeks of the original sail date. Simply make this change by January 31, 2021."

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence#lift-shift

But did they extend the applicable date beyond May 4??

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for June 2021 and would like to Lift and Shift to June 2022.  The cruise dates have just been posted but no extension of the May 4, 2022.  I called Celebrity asking them if and when that will be extended.  Representative had no idea.  I certainly hope this doesn't end up excluding all the Alaskan cruises for 2022 since they don't start until June 2022

17 minutes ago, djthird2 said:

We have an Alaskan cruise booked for June 2021 and would like to Lift and Shift to June 2022.  The cruise dates have just been posted but no extension of the May 4, 2022.  I called Celebrity asking them if and when that will be extended.  Representative had no idea.  I certainly hope this doesn't end up excluding all the Alaskan cruises for 2022 since they don't start until June 2022

Will it really depend on how quickly they initiate immunisation. I can see conditions for cruising improving very quickly after mass vaccinations.

2 hours ago, djthird2 said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to extend L&S to allow delaying sailing beyond May 2022.  They are wanting to get everyone to the new pricing model.  L&S isn't really in their best interest unless maybe if you have made final payment.   Allowing you to keep a significantly lower price/perk only to be able to hold your deposit for another year can't make sense for them.

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wouldn't hold my breath for them to extend L&S to allow delaying sailing beyond May 2022.  They are wanting to get everyone to the new pricing model.  L&S isn't really in their best interest unless maybe if you have made final payment.   Allowing you to keep a significantly lower price/perk only to be able to hold your deposit for another year can't make sense for them.

You may be correct.  It would certainly be overly generous of Celebrity.  They might surprise you.  We will know soon.

My TA got a fantastic deal on Infinity many months ago.  It was a 4-night sailing at a low fare with perks included.  Very limited cabin availability, so I quickly booked my first X cruise.  Several weeks later, we were informed our cruise was chartered and we were being moved (to a less-desirable date for me work-wise) but with an extra day (sailing 3/15/21).

Final payment for that was coming up rapidly.  She contacted X and was told we could move to Summit (5 nights) or Reflection (7-nights and after the date window should be closed).  Told her I was sure that was incorrect.

She contacted X again yesterday and, as expected, was told there were only 2 5-night sailing within the time frame, both on Summit.  Both lousy dates for me (3/14/22 and 4/11/22) as I'm a CPA - corporate deadline on 3/15 and individuals on 4/15.  Oh well, we're moving to the 4/11 sailing and, hopefully, I will actually be (almost) retired by then and working very limited hours.  Partners will just have to deal.

Amazing that whomever she spoke to at Celebrity would imply we could switch from a 5 nights on 3/15/21 to a 7 night on a different class ship on 4/23/22.  She gave them the agent's name and time of the call so they could retrieve the convo, but no luck.  No way were they going to allow that switch.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2020 at 11:05 AM, sandancer said:

That’s good news. I only hope they release the Transatlantic cruises soon and that they actually allow L&S on our April 21 TA. 

So now the Transatlantic's are released but our cruise on Reflection which was 16 nights is now 14 nights in 2022 and a different itinerary, ends in Rome and not Amsterdam. Can’t get into L&S on manage my booking. I’ve emailed our travel agent to see if she can help. Any advice?

On 12/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, wrk2cruise said:

Let's see what happens.  It really depends on the business situation and it appears to be related to vaccine requirements and availability among other things to fully resume operations.  Who would have ever thought back in April 2020 that there would be no cruising at all until at least a year later?  So the L&S program might need to be modified and extended again to match the real world business situation.

• Like 1