The Daily for Monday Nov 2, 2020

richwmn

image.png.3b8b5ea06372632e1b61e14212da402f.png

🌺🌺

Good morning!! Yippee 2 days in a row and slept so well!! The internal itching so much better swelling down and the bright redness subsiding👍 Thank goodness! I still have a month of healing but thank goodness for 😷 masks! I can hide it well under a hat!!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Rich I like the new map a lot!! David yesterday got on all the web cams on the computer and we watched all the empty ports where our cruise ships would of been. Did see in Miami a couple! Also the viewers were so low watching! 😔 sad

Looks like Comfort food today from my past. Have not had deviled eggs for so long and I remember Rich Hamburger Helper also! Golda Meir’s quote spot on!!!!!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Good morning Roy! I enjoy your dinner suggestion and sunrise picture! Remember how you would always take pictures of your dinners on all your cruises? I would love to see pictures here . Your cold soup for today sounds so good!

PS I think I can come off your list too😌

🌺🌺🌺🌺

“ I want all of my friends and 🌺DEAR SISTERS here on CC to know how special of a place this is! Through good and sad times we all come together to help one another! I am so humbled by this in so many ways!

THANK YOU!

Denise😷

• Like 13

Thanks for the Daily. It's a quiet morning, so I thought I'd try to check in before I get started with everything on my 'To Do' list.

I like the maps, Rich. Thank you.

For those on Roy's lists, I am sending prayers and toasts. I'm adding some heavy duty prayers for your country this week.

I'm not sure what we'll have for dinner tonight but I don't have any hamburger in the house, so it won't be the cheeseburger skillet dinner.

I'll recognize All Souls Day by watching Coco (again) with my 26 yo daughter. We usually only have devilled eggs in the summer but we're out of eggs at the moment. (I really need to get some groceries!) I have my own Cookie Monster with DH. 😉 

Love the quote!

1 hour ago, kazu said:

E9CB03AF-7989-4666-906E-5B516BAA9C87.jpeg.b9ce0c120588856e7a1e3502d77ee58b.jpeg

In answer to the question. Yes. Snow, rain, sun, wind. Today is an all weather day here in SW Ontario.

48 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

With the pasta and seasoning, you could sure make it gourmet by adding veggies and your favorite protein. Honestly I have seen it on the shelf but have never even tried the Kraft mac and cheese in a box. I'll give it a try and report back.

KD is a staple in this house. DH and DD would eat it every day!

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 9

Good Morning Dailyites! Love the days, the quote, all food & drink suggestions, and cares/celebrations lists. Some of the photos and cartoons that are shared are positively hysterical and make my day. This thread has become such a 'go to' link, since it is filled with good thoughts and laughter. And wine -- so preferable to whine, don't you think?

I will miss you all tomorrow since DH and I are able to act as non-partisan Election Officers and using our cell phones/surfing is off limits. We will be on the road before 4:30am in order to meet up with our team at 5am to prepare the precinct for its 6:00am opening. We have had record absentee in person and mail in (including military) ballots, but are expecting quite a turn out tomorrow until the polls close at 7pm. Then there is a little after action activity. A long but fulfilling day.

Thankfully, the weather report is calling for clear skies, if a little cool. 

Stay safe. And please, wear a mask.

-Cat

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning, all! I love devilled eggs - they remind me of summer. Rich and Roy both suggest pasta tonight, so I will take their advice in one form or another. Today is the last good day before rain sets in. This gives yard work a priority, so a pasta dish is a fast, easy, go - to anyway. Stay safe!

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Good morning Roy! I enjoy your dinner suggestion and sunrise picture! Remember how you would always take pictures of your dinners on all your cruises? I would love to see pictures here . Your cold soup for today sounds so good!

PS I think I can come off your list too

I will try to do that at least occasionally, but just include a link to the photo instead of the photo itself.

Roy

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

will miss you all tomorrow since DH and I are able to act as non-partisan Election Officers and using our cell phones/surfing is off limits. We will be on the road before 4:30am in order to meet up with our team at 5am to prepare the precinct for its 6:00am opening. We have had record absentee in person and mail in (including military) ballots, but are expecting quite a turn out tomorrow until the polls close at 7pm. Then there is a little after action activity. A long but fulfilling day

I will include you in tomorrow's shoutout list but want to thank you now since you probably won't see it then.

Roy

• Like 8

Just now, rafinmd said:

I will include you in tomorrow's shoutout list but want to thank you now since you probably won't see it then.

Roy

That is so kind of you Roy, but really not necessary. David and I are thankful that we still enjoy good health and are able to volunteer.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

With the pasta and seasoning, you could sure make it gourmet by adding veggies and your favorite protein. Honestly I have seen it on the shelf but have never even tried the Kraft mac and cheese in a box. I'll give it a try and report back.

In truth, I usually do add to the basic box now.

• Like 5

Good morning and thank you Rich and Roy.   Oh a sidecar sounds interesting.  No to the hamburger helper and I like Annie’s instead of KD,  especially when you arrive home late at night jet lagged and a little hungry.  We had a stunning sunset  last night,  always dislike the early dark, but this helped.  Will leave you with some old advice.   

image.png.749e596a181ca31539f792f85f64fa6b.png

FFB8BBFC-6E4E-40FC-AC84-765B7B12F87D.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19

Good Morning Everyone!  Thank you all for posting, reading your comments makes me feel like we have gathered for conversation and coffee with friends! 

The deviled eggs sound like a good idea for making for dinner.  Thank you for sharing the "strangler"  humming bird, it was a good laugh when I read it out loud to hubby.  Take care, I am off to do my twice yearly Costco run, really don't like going there so make a big list and only go twice a year!

Stay safe, wear your masks!

Denise

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

I just noticed that when I leave the Prinsendam November 15 I transition to my 2013 cruise when I wasn't doing that so here's the picture for today.

https://solocabinchallenge.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/dishes02.jpg

Roy

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all, and thank you to Rich and Roy for all the information!

We wish all the best for our American neighbours tomorrow on Election Day.  Stay safe, and vote!  Our election here in BC went very smoothly a week ago, and the "ruling" party, which had a minority government got a majority this time.  They have done well following the science through the epidemic, although we always seem to be coming from behind, so our numbers may be going to surge.

Yesterday's news:

10fba04f.png.9995570ceadd42069a06c56439d83050.png

Edited by Vict0riann
  • Like 9
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, Ichiban Nekko said:

I will miss you all tomorrow since DH and I are able to act as non-partisan Election Officers and using our cell phones/surfing is off limits. We will be on the road before 4:30am in order to meet up with our team at 5am to prepare the precinct for its 6:00am opening. We have had record absentee in person and mail in (including military) ballots, but are expecting quite a turn out tomorrow until the polls close at 7pm. Then there is a little after action activity. A long but fulfilling day.

Thank you!

• Like 4

Dh is so proud of us because we made his yearly goal of not turning on our furnace(s) before Nov. 1.  We are experiencing some low temps at night this week, so he finally broke down today and warmed up the house a little.  But after a couple more days it will warm up enough to turn it off for a bit.   

I guess we have to find some way to entertain ourselves!  

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Dh is so proud of us because we made his yearly goal of not turning on our furnace(s) before Nov. 1.  We are experiencing some low temps at night this week, so he finally broke down today and warmed up the house a little.  But after a couple more days it will warm up enough to turn it off for a bit.   

I guess we have to find some way to entertain ourselves!  

I’m jealous.  I refuse to turn on my heat until that time too, but, this year I couldn’t win the fight.  It got too cold at times and I have dahlias drying in the living room so the heat has been on (off and on) since October 1st.  Sad, isn’t it?

• Like 4

Good afternoon!  Thank you for the Daily Rich.  I haven't had HH in such a long time, maybe when I was first married.  My mother didn't make it, she was a mostly from scratch cook.  Thank you for your lists Roy.  Loved your sunrise picture and food picture.  Can't wait to hear more of your traveling adventures.

Blue had his one week tooth check today at the vet and is doing well.  I think we are having BLT's for dinner tonight because I have some beautiful heirloom tomatoes that need to be eaten.  Gosh, maybe I should make the famous tomato pie, I have some leftover ham steak that would go well with tomato pie.  I'll see what I feel like making after my nap.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Blue had his one week tooth check today at the vet and is doing well.

so good to hear that ❤️ 

4 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I think we are having BLT's for dinner tonight because I have some beautiful heirloom tomatoes that need to be eaten

Oh I’m jealous.  Our tomatoes are long gone.  Enjoy 🙂 

• Like 3

Just now, kazu said:

Oh I’m jealous.  Our tomatoes are long gone.  Enjoy 🙂 

I'm very fortunate to have a wonderful Trader Joe's to shop at and we usually get produce from Mexico, California, and even some areas of Arizona.  It is so normal for our TJ's to have heirloom tomatoes that I don't think about other areas not even having them.  Some items are very seasonal though, like Meyer lemons.  I wish I could buy Meyer lemons all year round.

• Like 4