The Daily for Thursday Nov 5, 2020

richwmn

I  very  much  miss my red hair  but  do  have   the  pleasure  of  seeing  the  exact  same  shade  on  my  grandsons' head. My DH  and  I  tried  grits  a  few  times  when  our  son  was  in   college  in  the  South but  maybe  we  didn't  have  the  real  experience.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

It is just coming up to 2.30pm on a beautiful sunny November afternoon.  Not a breath of wind anywhere and a mild 12°C (54°F).

We are in exceptionally good mood today, because we have just returned from DW's oncologist's clinic with a clear pathology report! 👏 Yes, thanks to all the positive thoughts and prayers from you all, she is cancer free.  They still intend to complete radiotherapy whenever the surgical wounds heal, but her pathology reports show that the chemo worked and all that is left is some scar tissue. 

We hope everyone has as good a day as we are having! ❤️

What joyous news! I will toast the two of you tonight! Praise be!

• Like 9

Good afternoon all.  DH is working on dinner right now and we have a red haired grandson, so a good day for us.  It's pork schnitzel for dinner tonight along with the last of our garden Swiss chard.  Love the sayings, the drink is not for me.  Yesterday I posted that we were going in an outing, it was well worth the drive to Niagara Falls.  The Poppy Project display was so beautiful and meaningful.  We also went by the falls- the Canadian falls was so misty it was hard to get a good picture, however I did get a clear picture of the US falls.  It was like a ghost town yesterday, never before have we seen it like that.  My best to all

285B78BA-9A0B-4E4F-B40F-4DEC6D9C1BAC.jpeg

0AA19654-9143-480F-839E-0F325D835BE0.jpeg

5D750F43-3CDC-4703-AD4F-093F1577FA5A.jpeg

9084A716-69B6-48B8-BC42-909C942C0655.jpeg

85D0C767-E5CE-48F1-86AE-D78D67CACF47.jpeg

B6224718-0E55-4664-8B49-83F91363FF61.jpeg

9E5C1DBD-4831-4A3A-9FA4-89045149E525.jpeg

1BC4933B-4A92-4D20-ABC4-7DB141D69130.jpeg

69EF1A9C-59AB-4268-AF30-E5F344858157.jpeg

B3D1E6D3-231C-4A16-8DB6-44E4482BBE14.jpeg

3E98CEB2-4CCC-445E-B855-A3AE00BBFB0A.jpeg

EAD7AE59-0A75-4D0A-8C7A-8B229F4098F9.jpeg

FE4182DE-6445-4EA3-9FDE-F23EC81F427B.jpeg

687BDF72-7B69-4390-99AD-1B8E9FA1F025.jpeg

F61D5167-68DE-4320-9DBE-53BC93742190.jpeg

5752F02C-66E2-4DC8-A8EE-415D630AF925.jpeg

4D051D80-BA5B-4E07-87BB-91A873E12E4C.jpeg

E2BFEECB-217B-417B-8F95-0210D99987F8.jpeg

• Like 19

Once again, today's sunrise photo is actually a sunset.   This was taken on my 2001 Yangtze River cruise:

y3706220.jpg.d7fb6137e1cb16b27e1b929f080

I don't expect to get to another installment on my 2003 trip today.  Way back (last year I think) one of my TV's died and I've been using an old, tiny black and white set that I had from many years ago:

DSCF8447.thumb.JPG.2386542da6508f70e516f819be77f684.JPG

I picked up a new one today and am setting it up:

DSCF8448.thumb.JPG.24190a0da33d9efb6cddd8a2ebff685d.JPG

Roy

• Like 17

49 minutes ago, gigianne said:

Yesterday I posted that we were going in an outing, it was well worth the drive to Niagara Falls.  The Poppy Project display was so beautiful and meaningful.  We also went by the falls- the Canadian falls was so misty it was hard to get a good picture, however I did get a clear picture of the US falls.  It was like a ghost town yesterday, never before have we seen it like that.  My best to all

That poppy project is outstanding, Georgina.  Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Love the pics of the Falls, too.  Hard to believe Niagara Falls as a ghost town.  It would have made for a nice visit 😉 

• Like 7

Arriving late to the CC party...  I, too, am addicted to stout beers.  I made a promise to myself that I would have one every afternoon at 5 PM...  Since it was Rich that posted about stout I thought he might be making fun of my "stout" physique AKA beer belly...

Like some other posters, I was worried when I got the email from HAL this morning.  Thankfully it was only the one that put off final payment for 60 days instead of 90.

Cheers from coastal NC.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, gigianne said:

Good afternoon all.  DH is working on dinner right now and we have a red haired grandson, so a good day for us.  It's pork schnitzel for dinner tonight along with the last of our garden Swiss chard.  Love the sayings, the drink is not for me.  Yesterday I posted that we were going in an outing, it was well worth the drive to Niagara Falls.  The Poppy Project display was so beautiful and meaningful.  We also went by the falls- the Canadian falls was so misty it was hard to get a good picture, however I did get a clear picture of the US falls.  It was like a ghost town yesterday, never before have we seen it like that.  My best to all

9084A716-69B6-48B8-BC42-909C942C0655.jpeg

69EF1A9C-59AB-4268-AF30-E5F344858157.jpeg

EAD7AE59-0A75-4D0A-8C7A-8B229F4098F9.jpeg

Thank you for sharing your visit with us. The response to the initial request, is what gives me hope for our world.

• Like 7

39 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

Since it was Rich that posted about stout I thought he might be making fun of my "stout" physique AKA beer belly...

I wouldn't do that to you, but I know that you like stout beers so I did think about you when I saw that entry.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

My mother, sisters and brother all are/were blessed with red or blonde hair.  My own hair has aged in the pandemic, I call it white, hair experts might use a more glamorous word to describe.  Haven't seen the siblings or my dear mother  in person in months, can't wait to be together!  Planning to visit with the AZ sisters and Mom (who is 100 and 1/2!) before the end of 2020.  Hope for the best!

God bless your Mother!  I hope you, Mom and the sisters can get together ASAP.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, gigianne said:

The Poppy Project photos are beautiful, as well as the Falls photos.  Thanks for sharing with us.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

It is just coming up to 2.30pm on a beautiful sunny November afternoon.  Not a breath of wind anywhere and a mild 12°C (54°F).

We are in exceptionally good mood today, because we have just returned from DW's oncologist's clinic with a clear pathology report! 👏 Yes, thanks to all the positive thoughts and prayers from you all, she is cancer free.  They still intend to complete radiotherapy whenever the surgical wounds heal, but her pathology reports show that the chemo worked and all that is left is some scar tissue. 

Wonderful news.  So happy for you both.

• Like 5

I have mentioned DH does the cooking now for us so I'm glad to see a special day for him!  He was at loose ends when he retired and decided he needed something to do.  Personally, I think he was used to being in charge of something so he needed a "project".  

Since I cooked for him for 40 years, he has about 30 more years before it's my turn again!☺️

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Later check in today.

Thanks going to everyone for the thread and the friendly chatter. 👍 to the quotes! Pork chops for us tonight. I like the new format. I'm finding it easier to read.

9 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Burned Food Cartoons and Comics - funny pictures from CartoonStock

This is how DH cooks. He overcooks everything! When I have some delicious, juicy burgers, steaks, pork tenderloin etc, he always claims "raw" (definitely not!)

7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Such good news for both of you!

4 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Well, today's CC is a strange one!  I'm finding the new print very small and difficult to read,.  But thanks to everyone posting!

Ann, you can hold the control key and the plus key at the same time, and it will increase the font for you,

We did an early run into the city to pick up some things that needed to be replaced in the house-globe for a ceiling light, some sink repair things etc, and Costco. So, while I got a great deal on some things, the Costco $200 came in to play.

Temperatures today were wonderful. I can live with the mid/high teens for the next 5 months, but I don't think Mother Nature has that on her calendar.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, Red Haired Lady said:

National Love your Red Hair Day!  That is for me if you look at my cruise critic name. It used to be natural red or auburn but, sadly, now  it comes from a bottle.  

Welcome to the Daily.

Roy

• Like 3

@VMax1700what wonderful news; I'm delighted for your lovely DH, and for you as her top cheerleader.

@Seasick Sailorwe decided to start small and went for the Black & Decker Crisp'n Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven. Black + Decker Crisp 'N Bake Air Fry Toaster Oven   It seemed a good compromise between a stand-alone air fryer and something to also replace the original toaster oven we've used so much over the years.  I can't wait to start using the air-fry feature to see how it works!  I'm sure there's an online support group for air-fry recipes, etc., so I'll have to check it out.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 6

@Horizon chaser 1957

Laura, I wanted to circle back to thank you yet again for sharing the art of Bio or eco printing with us.

It took some time, but I just received the item I ordered from the Ukraine. So here are pics of both items I ordered via Etsy. The first is the cotton tee from the Ukrainian artist.The second, is a vintage button-down from an artist in California. I still love the white blouse you created where the leaves were spread out, but these will do.

Thank you again for sharing your art with us!

Ann

65716A1F-DED0-4ED8-94C6-FFF4B5B15D50.jpeg

B38CEFEE-E45C-464A-8EA5-E207436A8189.jpeg

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

National Love your Red Hair Day!  That is for me if you look at my cruise critic name. It used to be natural red or auburn but, sadly, now  it comes from a bottle.  

Welcome to the Daily! And I bet your spirit is still all natural redhead!

• Like 5