The Daily for Friday Nov 6, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Old age is the most unexpected of things that can happen to a man.
        -- Trotsky

Grandparents age joke - (With Picture)

Don't you just love the logic of small children?  Reminds me of a conversation I had 2 years ago when our grandson was in kindergarten.  I said "I hear that tomorrow will be pajama day at school!  Which pajamas will you wear?"  he looked at me and said "My pajamas".....😄

Here's an uplifting photo from a year ago -- beautiful rainbow on the first day of our TA.  We were eating lunch in the Lido and passengers and crew all ran to the windows to look.

rainbow.jpg

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks Rich, Roy and all who contribute.

@cat shepard that wine sounds great!  

@Overhead FredWhat a beautiful view!  
We found this guy yesterday and his mate😍

FF0B2227-62A3-4E6D-8DFA-91BF5BAB4B1C.jpeg

E270D598-31B0-49D8-8AC1-F68869AA4293.jpeg

Ooh, how majestic!  And superb photos!

We had a nest with two fledglings this year. Not sure why I did not expect to see any in Florida. And it is such an established nest, it has three eagle cams. What a welcome sight! 

• Like 6

Good afternoon, everyone! Some days I think we all feel marooned without a compass. I pray that that feeling will go away sooner than later. I will celebrate National Nacho Day tonight when I watch a movie. Not really a saxophone fan.

Love the quotes!

I'm not sure what we are are having for supper, but it won't be polenta, or a black russian.

4 hours ago, kazu said:

Trotsky certainly was right on the old age. Many of us find it hard to accept we are old:

FD50DE68-8EFF-4F61-A10F-15A8E06A184E.jpeg.054581a8ce5bb2551b13e35ca72c6d61.jpeg

This quote is also very true! As we get older, we keep pushing the goalpost! Only thing is....the knees keep reminding me that I'm not 29, 39, 49 or even 59 anymore.

2 hours ago, Overhead Fred said:

A new group of swans graced our shoreline yesterday. They appeared to be a group of six juvenile Trumpeter swans. Here are some photos of them preening on a shallow sandy point. We could actually watch them from our kitchen window - 

image.thumb.png.89dd99c9633cc98d443d0330e631fd52.png

image.thumb.png.92d6b3644d6adc906fc6808710cd24aa.png

image.thumb.png.f3befde8229cf387b53ede84c66689d3.png

Spectacular!

10 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks Rich, Roy and all who contribute.

@cat shepard that wine sounds great!  

@Overhead FredWhat a beautiful view!  
We found this guy yesterday and his mate😍

FF0B2227-62A3-4E6D-8DFA-91BF5BAB4B1C.jpeg

E270D598-31B0-49D8-8AC1-F68869AA4293.jpeg

What a beautiful sight!

It's going up to 19ºC today, so we are enjoying the sunshine and the warmth that it is bringing. DH is busy raking again. It's really keeping his blood sugars down. Sadly, he lost his wedding ring yesterday because he's lost some weight on new medication [good thing all around]. On the positive side, I know what he wants for Christmas. 🙂

Cheers and prayers for those who need them, and those who don't think that they do.

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask 😷

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

@DeeniEncinitas LOL, 

What's whacky about your post?

"Ann so happy you and Allen are doing so well in your new home and I agree with the oven! Chicken wings come out so good👍Picking up oysters ! Yum! I will be over."

Joy what can I say!!! I’m blonde! No I guess as always thinking faster than writing! Was a mistake sorry

Denise😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon to all the kind people here.  The quote is so good, and we definitely need a moral compass these days.  Thanks for all the pictures, wine, food, celebrations and prayers, and overall distraction from other noises in the world.

I love horn players of all kinds.  One of my favorites was Bobby Keys who played rock-and-roll saxophone with the Rolling Stones.  Those talented musicians are proof that old age is one of the most unexpected things that can happen to a person! 

Stay safe and stay kind.

Cindy

• Like 11

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Joy what can I say!!! I’m blonde! No I guess as always thinking faster than writing! Was a mistake sorry

Denise😊

Deeni, 

We are definitely members of the same family. I often see typos, missing or extra words in my posts long after the edit time has expired. I even read my post before hitting the submit button.  Sigh. 

However, one thing is clear from your post - I am your FAVORITE Sister!🙃

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

Deeni, 

We are definitely members of the same family. I often see typos, missing or extra words in my posts long after the edit time has expired. I even read my post before hitting the submit button.  Sigh. 

image.png.86405f72e5f7d9896ca2d8b67e9f6c37.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, richwmn said:

@DeeniEncinitas Did you mention a December cruise out of San Diego next year?

Thanks

Hi Rich! 
Yes that is correct!! 18 day round trip out of San  Diego. December 5-23. Was on the Volendam now Zuiderdam. We are hoping that is a safe bet! Come join us on that cruise Rich. I know how disappointed you were on this years holiday cruise. I just hope I still have my NS on port side in same room as we did on Volendam. Will see.

Denise😊

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cat shepard said:

Deeni, 

Now hold on there East Coast sister. It seems as though the poor little middle sister is always being picked on.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Hi Rich! 
Yes that is correct!! 18 day round trip out of San  Diego. December 5-23. Was on the Volendam now Zuiderdam. We are hoping that is a safe bet! Come join us on that cruise Rich. I know how disappointed you were on this years holiday cruise. I just hope I still have my NS on port side in same room as we did on Volendam. Will see.

Denise😊

That cruise is not showing up on any booking site, including HAL. Could you email me the itinerary please. Screen name at gmail. Thanks

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, richwmn said:

That cruise is not showing up on any booking site, including HAL. Could you email me the itinerary please. Screen name at gmail. Thanks

Rich, all the cruises that are being switched are “frozen”.  I know, I’m on one.

You can’t book the new cruise until HAL figures out how they are re-assigning everyone.  They say it could be up until Nov. 30th to us, but my TA is hopeful she can make some magic in a few days.  In the meantime, we are playing the “hold” game.

Now, if they would have left it open for a couple of days with an offer to switch a lot of us would have saved them a lot of work on our previous Zuiderdam cruise 😉 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Rich, all the cruises that are being switched are “frozen”.  I know, I’m on one.

You can’t book the new cruise until HAL figures out how they are re-assigning everyone.  They say it could be up until Nov. 30th to us, but my TA is hopeful she can make some magic in a few days.  In the meantime, we are playing the “hold” game.

Now, if they would have left it open for a couple of days with an offer to switch a lot of us would have saved them a lot of work on our previous Zuiderdam cruise 😉 

Not sure about booking yet, just wanted an idea of where the cruise was going to go.

• Like 3

Happy Friday evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich.  Roy your meal photos look yummy.  Also thank you for your care lists.  I missed the past few days and now see the CC looks a bit different, hopefully for the better.

I like polenta and have made it many times, a few times with firm polenta sliced and pan fried.  You can find logs of polenta in some grocery stores, I think at one time Trader Joe's even had it.  If you want it loose you just add stock or water and if you want it solid you just slice and pan saute or fry.  I like it mostly with lamb shanks but the mushroom idea sounds good.  I love mushrooms.

We are in for a weather change, dropping in temp by 35 degrees by Monday (about 10 degrees each day) with lots of wind and possibility of rain.  It was so cloudy today it put me in a sad mood.

Have a good evening everyone!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Happy Friday evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich.  Roy your meal photos look yummy.  Also thank you for your care lists.  I missed the past few days and now see the CC looks a bit different, hopefully for the better.

I like polenta and have made it many times, a few times with firm polenta sliced and pan fried.  You can find logs of polenta in some grocery stores, I think at one time Trader Joe's even had it.  If you want it loose you just add stock or water and if you want it solid you just slice and pan saute or fry.  I like it mostly with lamb shanks but the mushroom idea sounds good.  I love mushrooms.

We are in for a weather change, dropping in temp by 35 degrees by Monday (about 10 degrees each day) with lots of wind and possibility of rain.  It was so cloudy today it put me in a sad mood.

Have a good evening everyone!

Thank you, Sharon! I found a couple of polenta recipes that I might try. One crispy. One with jalapeños! And I love mushrooms, too!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

No Idea how many photos but about 944 identified sunrises and sunsets.

Roy

Hi Roy!!

I still say all those photos should be put into a beautiful book! I love the pictures I have seen over all these years! Hope you are enjoying your new TV too!

Good night!

Denise😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PSR said:

This is off topic, but does anyone know where the "Post Numbers" are on this new format? I use them for reference.

I think they have disappeared.  At least, I haven’t been able to find them yet.