Free Cheers! Promo

MeganGC1983

20 hours ago, nunuc2000 said:

We got the email... and we are platinum. We are also in Canada, but not sure if that factors in at all? 

But with a non-refundable deposit, that's just a little too risky for us to jump on right now. Bummer.

We are from US and gold. We (both DH and myself received separate emails) got and took advantage of, the offer.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I haven't received the offer, but I do have $650 in OBC, so it's going to cover the cost of my Cheers and then some... 

I’m holding gift cards hoping for a cheers Black Friday promo. I’m assuming our $700 OBC will go towards carnival excursions (that are rumored to be required esp in Jan) and cover our gratuities. 
When is your next booked cruise Sid?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MeganGC1983 said:

I’m holding gift cards hoping for a cheers Black Friday promo. I’m assuming our $700 OBC will go towards carnival excursions (that are rumored to be required esp in Jan) and cover our gratuities. 
When is your next booked cruise Sid?

It was supposed to be the Mardi Gras at the end of this month... Now I booked the Mardi Gras for the exact same week next year... My next booked cruise is a back to back on Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady in June 2021... 

Hopefully, things get to the point where we can all sail again sooner than later...

• Like 3

My TA was able to get us the package. it cost us an extra 120 more total. we had to agree to the non refundable deposit.  so for 120 bucks more when the package would cost me over 800 for hubby and I- no brainer. we were able to keep our same reservation too. thank you CC!!!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, skrufy said:

We are not worthy either, 5 booked int the next year and a half.

If you have several booked for the next year and a half, what incentive does Carnival have to target special offers to you? They already have your money and your business... they don’t need to provide any effort to secure bookings from you.

Edited by xDisconnections

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It was supposed to be the Mardi Gras at the end of this month... Now I booked the Mardi Gras for the exact same week next year... My next booked cruise is a back to back on Virgin Voyages Scarlet Lady in June 2021... 

Hopefully, things get to the point where we can all sail again sooner than later...

I am very curious to read/hear feedback on cruises on Virgin. The thought of a cruise without children is very appealing, but I won’t book anything on Virgin until I hopefully hear good feedback from people who cruise on her (Scarlet Lady). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, keywest1 said:

I got the email for myself and 4 family members also got the email.  I booked a family cruise and put their contact as my email since I was paying for everything.  We range between Red and Gold.

I'm the same. I've booked cruises for multiple friends & family members over the years and have used my email address. I got the offer for 2 of my friends and 1 family member (red, gold, and red.)

Someone speculated it might have to do with onboard alcohol spend, but that's definitely not the case here. Red and Gold friend have spent $$$ on alcohol before whereas red family member has spent $0.

Just got off the phone with Carnival.  The promotion is only available on certain sailings and also only available to certain past guests of Carnival.  If the promotion is not in your VIFP account, tough luck, you don't get it.  I inquired about our future Mardi Gras sailing and assuming that it would probably not coincide because of the popularity of the new ship, I inquired about the 4 day Liberty sailing in August prior to our MG sailing.  No go on both since I don't qualify at this time.  The CSR I spoke to said the promotion will be going out in waves to different VIFP members.  

I used to love Carnival, 18 of my first 22 cruises were on her.  Only 3 of my last 13 have been on Carnival because of other lines offering me better value.  This selective marketing is a slap in my face, but as usual, we don't make the rules, we just play the game.  But unless this promo eventually shows up as an offer to me, our 2 Excellence Class sailings could be the last on Carnival for awhile.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I got the email but it was under hubby's name/ VIFP number.  we are gold but don't cruise that much . I wasn't banking on getting the deal, but we did.  don't give up hope.

Carnival's marketing strategy over the past few years has been to get as many blue's as they can and promote to the reds and some gold's.  Carnival is shooting themselves in the foot because if I had received the promo, I would have changed our vacation to our first B2B. 👿

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Carnival's marketing strategy over the past few years has been to get as many blue's as they can and promote to the reds and some gold's.  Carnival is shooting themselves in the foot because if I had received the promo, I would have changed our vacation to our first B2B. 👿

I can safely tell you this is not centered around blue cards.

41 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Just got off the phone with Carnival.  The promotion is only available on certain sailings and also only available to certain past guests of Carnival.  If the promotion is not in your VIFP account, tough luck, you don't get it.  I inquired about our future Mardi Gras sailing and assuming that it would probably not coincide because of the popularity of the new ship, I inquired about the 4 day Liberty sailing in August prior to our MG sailing.  No go on both since I don't qualify at this time.  The CSR I spoke to said the promotion will be going out in waves to different VIFP members.  

I used to love Carnival, 18 of my first 22 cruises were on her.  Only 3 of my last 13 have been on Carnival because of other lines offering me better value.  This selective marketing is a slap in my face, but as usual, we don't make the rules, we just play the game.  But unless this promo eventually shows up as an offer to me, our 2 Excellence Class sailings could be the last on Carnival for awhile.

This is not an unusual promo.  Many cruise lines and other companies do it.  Maybe your lack of booking anything other than promo discounted rates is why you did not get one.😎

1 hour ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am very curious to read/hear feedback on cruises on Virgin. The thought of a cruise without children is very appealing, but I won’t book anything on Virgin until I hopefully hear good feedback from people who cruise on her (Scarlet Lady). 

I was very unimpressed with the interior of the cabins

5 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

If you have several booked for the next year and a half, what incentive does Carnival have to target special offers to you? They already have your money and your business... they don’t need to provide any effort to secure bookings from you.

I was trying to be sarcastic. Have been cruising with Carnival exclusively for 18 years. I know where they put us loyalists.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

I can safely tell you this is not centered around blue cards.

In my above post that you referenced, I was talking about Carnival's marketing strategy in general, not specific to this promo.  This promo is going to select past guests, I am assuming reds and golds since no platinums and diamonds have chirped in yet about receiving it. It would be impossible for a blue card person to get this promo simply because they have not yet sailed on Carnival.

2 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

This is not an unusual promo.  Many cruise lines and other companies do it.  Maybe your lack of booking anything other than promo discounted rates is why you did not get one.😎

Not an unusual promo?????  Besides giving out free drinks via the drinks on us card, when has Carnival ever given out Cheers for free.  They, along with Royal make you pay for the drinks packages.  They don't bundle like NCL, Celebrity, Princess and MSC.

Since the Cheers program started back in 2012 I believe on the Liberty, I have purchased the program on all 4 of my Carnival cruises.  Jan 13 Breeze, Jan 15 Freedom, Aug 18 Horizon, Aug 19 Horizon. The Horizon cruises were also in Havana cabins, so there was an upgrade involved, not a promo discounted rate.  Those kind of rates are given to Travel Agents.  😉😉😉

• Like 2