The Daily for Saturday Nov 21, 2020

richwmn

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 🙂 

Volunteering and adoption are so worthwhile.  Nice to see them together since they both involve selflessness.

Thanks for the mention of Red Mitten Day.  Red Mitten day represents Canadian Olympic pride.  You wear (or buy) red mittens to show your support and pride in our athletes.

LOL on that quote. That’s a good one!

I’ll pass on the polenta & chards thanks.  I think we may have some lobster & shrimp pasta to perk us up tonight.  

A Brandy Alexander sounds great.  It would even be better on a ship but that’s not going to happen for a while 😢 

That wine sounds interesting.  Looking forward to cat’s description.

I’m pretty sure I’m not the only one that feels this way after the cruise news yesterday

8F41ED99-A5A2-4502-A2D9-3277D80CF2AA.thumb.jpeg.bfbee97b9ba2c9b833fee0163f1bd753.jpeg

After the 4th cancelled cruise (or isolation):

59CACA61-5086-4CE9-AB05-277FEFE5C97B.thumb.jpeg.13c328824e27db8c10cd30b4a77aebd1.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s care list & for anyone who needs them & a toast to everyone but one on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a good Saturday, everyone.  Stay safe and don’t forget your masks. 😷 

🌺Dear Jacqui! 
I sent your pics to my daughter!! My DH and I laughed first thing this morning with our coffee! I am sorry about your cruise again, and hope you will be able to cruise again for that special 25th anniversary!! Thanks for your contributions too!

image.jpeg.eb212edaf9327187350ad98704005acd.jpeg

🌺Good morning dear Ann! Okay where the heck did you find this! LOL! Needs adjustable straps behind the ears and it will be hands free!LOL👍 

Denise😊

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

🌺🌺 HAPPY SATURDAY TO ALL ON THE DAILY,  and TO MY SPECIAL SISTERS ANN AND JOY!!!!!

Volunteering is wonderful!! Adoption so important in so many ways  and for us our little Paisley was! Meal for the day I am not a fan and sorry Roy but the pancakes need happy faces! I like the quote👍 And now I learned about red mittens!!

🌺Have a good weekend everyone and please stay safe! 
Denise😊

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Isn't it strange how all of us here on the Daily wear our masks and follow the rules with social distancing, yet the numbers go up all around us?  Frustrating isn't it? 

It is.  Our zone just went to code orange.  Only 14 cases but our Premier doesn’t fool around and we have a number of people in quarantine. Looks like a couple of super spreaders are causing the problem (gathering everywhere and spreading it).  They can’t contact trace easily due to community spread by 1 or 2 so that invokes code orange 😞 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

While making coffee this morning, I noticed some ice along our Lake Phalen shoreline. The swans, ducks, and geese are still hanging around. 

Brandy Alexanders make a good "emergency" dessert...

We should be at Half Moon Cay today so I should be looking at something like this as I board a tender!

DSC_1226.thumb.JPG.b611a7c0e3f525a42df6303760c2df48.JPG

76134491_DSC_1237(2).thumb.JPG.beac37c461fc105c9b14610917268da1.JPG

• Like 15

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm hearing that frustration in our Canadian friends who are now seeing numbers rising there.  Prayers for us all, please.

Yes,  it is very frustrating to be going the wrong direction!   And our premier is MIA,   We have second highest rates in the country with far less measures being taken.  The only province without a mask mandate,  so thankfully our mayors have been proactive! 

• Like 7

Good morning all, I'm here and hoping things are going to get a little bit better now that we are in a semi-lockdown.  Dr. Bonnie put the lower Mainland under new orders a week ago, and numbers are already going down, now the whole province is included, and we hope to get things under control.  Don't want the hospitals to be inundated, they are already cancelling some procedures.  It can be done.  It must be done.

I keep telling myself!

• Like 14

Thank you for The Daily!  Love adoptions, my Dad 1913?-1977 was adopted & I am so thankful for those in his community who took such care to raise a fine human.  Smiling today with fine memories- last November 21 offered a day in Miami after stepping off of a cruise from Barcelona. We sent a large box of cooler weather clothing home, enjoyed walks on the beach and prepared for the November 23rd  cruise to and through the Amazon River. 🗺️

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0532.jpeg

• Like 15

Thanks for the Daily, Rich. Good afternoon! Trying to take 5 minutes while the 2yo is busy with his auntie. She is a blessing to have around and look after the little man with us. I found my new red mittens yesterday, and will wear them when we head out tonight. A friend of mine adopted 4 special needs siblings (they are all biological sibs and all have FAS), and today is her youngest's "Gotcha Day. A double celebration of her daughter! Love the quote. I'm going to forego the meals. I've been trying to have our Church virtual spaghetti dinner all week, so that's what we're having tonight. And wine.

I had a call this morning from my sister. She's making Christmas (fruit) cake, her first time in decades. She called to continue the tradition that we had as kids-stirring in the Christmas wish. What a nice way to be connected when we can't get together. Looking forward to a taste in December, as long as we aren't in lockdown.

Have a wonderful Saturday, everyone. Sending prayers for those on the list, and for those who aren't but need an extra positive boost. Cheers for those celebrating!

Be well. Stay safe. Be kind. Wear a mask! 😷

• Like 15

5 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Stay safe, our DD is in Columbus.

Columbus is in bad shape with COVID.   I'm sure Franklin County won't be alone in the purple category by next week.  I have many friends in Columbus so I keep them in mind all the time.  We really need that vaccine!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

Can FCC be used to purchase flights through Hal?

I don’t believe so - strictly for the cost of the cruise (excluding port taxes, etc.) so I think that the flight would be excluded.  It should be spelled out on your terms and conditions.  If you haven’t deposited your FCC yet to a cruise you can see them on the HAL site.

My reading of mine was that it could not be.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Columbus is in bad shape with COVID.   I'm sure Franklin County won't be alone in the purple category by next week.  I have many friends in Columbus so I keep them in mind all the time.  We really need that vaccine!

Thanks for the update.  So far she has avoided the virus, hopefully that will continue.

• Like 4

Good afternoon all!  I'm late to the party today (even later than usual).  What an end to the week!  Yesterday our TA was cancelled and today we learned that our favorite Italian restaurant has been sold.  It was family owned for 19 years, the chef/owner comes from Milan and his food is delicious.  We drove the 90-minute round trip happily, it was so worth it.  So a little sad today!

But the sun is shining here (yay!!) so I'm getting out to rake up more leaves.  So glad the rain has stopped for the day at least 🙂  

Stay healthy and positive everyone!  I'm trying. 🙂

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, 1ANGELCAT said:

It’s a day I can never forget. It happened on my 10th Birthday. Hard to believe it’s been 57 years.

Happy birthday tomorrow!  Yes it is hard to believe it's been 57 years.  I remember I was home sick from school and heard it on the radio....surreal. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1