New vaccine

hollyjess

2 hours ago, KnowTheScore said:

If you're old and/or vulnerable then yes, even that poor efficacy rate of 70% is better than having none at all so vaccination is the clear route for you.

For those not remotely vulnerable it's a total non-starter. 

This is a virus for whom 86% of people have NO SYMPTOMS at all !

So if I'm not vulnerable then I already have an 86% chance of having no problems whatsoever.

Then I have an additional chance of only getting mild symptom that require no treatment or hospitalisation.  I'm very happy with those odds.   Very happy indeed.  🙂

No vaccine for me.  Just no reason at all to take the risk of getting some of the life changing adverse side effects that vaccines give to a small subset of people.     The vulnerable, no question, different decision, they need to take the risk, such is life.  The non-vulnerable?   Can't see the justification.  Let them make their own personal decisions.  If they are worried, then they can get the shots, if not, no worries.   It's very clear from numerous surveys that many millions of people in the UK have absolutely no intention of getting vaccinated.

That number will change when they realise they will need to get vaccinated to do various things such as visit Australia for example, possibly America as well they have not said. Get on airplane again. Oh and CRUISE. Which you will never do again.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Like, I am sure you and many others on here, if my Doctor books me in for a jab I will be straight up there. When the nurse is preparing the jab, I will probably ask what brand She is just going to pump into my arm ( I assume arm, but...). If my Doctor/nurse/NHS/regulator et al think that is the most appropriate for me, or indeed the only one they have, I will still ask for a plaster. I won't know what Google says as I doubt if I will check afterwards. 

For speed, Amazon are going to be administering the vaccine by drone... 

You just go out in the garden and stick your bum in the air... 😊

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

6 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

For speed, Amazon are going to be administering the vaccine by drone... 

You just go out in the garden and stick your bum in the air... 😊

Andy 

Would that be with a Daffodil stuck out of your rear , so they can spot you more easily :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KnowTheScore said:

As with previous post this suggests that you actually have no trust whatsoever in the vaccines.

If you truly believe the vaccines will protect you then it doesn't matter at all what anyone else does.

That sort of argument just reinforces my view that anti vaxxers are very self centred people, who have no regard for society in general.

• Like 5

If you truly believe the vaccines will protect you then it doesn't matter at all what anyone else does.

If you truly believe what's said about the vaccines in the US papers, then it doesn't matter at all what anyone else does.

Avril

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

I just read in the news that the new Russian vaccine Sputnik-5 has like 95% chances of getting you safe from Corona Virus. I wonder if we here in the US can try it out one day. They say its better than the American one 

One day you will. It's, like, not rocket science.

• Like 1

Sorry but if those other people have been vaccinated then surely they are protected aren't they?  So how can I possibly be putting them at risk??

Oh . . . unless the vaccines don't work and are useless of course !    In which case I doubly see no reason to get vaccinated.

I have had the flu jab and the pneumonia jab.I didn't feel a thing and no side effects.

There is nothing for you to be frightened about.😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I have had the flu jab and the pneumonia jab.I didn't feel a thing and no side effects.

There is nothing for you to be frightened about.😂

Graham, you mustn't mislead your fellow cc posters. It really hurts. I forgot the I had the pneumonia jab. That really hurt as well. Dentist, don't start me off🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Graham, you mustn't mislead your fellow cc posters. It really hurts. I forgot the I had the pneumonia jab. That really hurt as well. Dentist, don't start me off🤣

When I was a teenager I had fillings done without an injection.

The worst thing about the dentist was a £2000 bill for an implant plus the jelly stuff they stick in your mouth to get an imprint of your teeth always makes me gag.

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

When I was a teenager I had fillings done without an injection.

The worst thing about the dentist was a £2000 bill for an implant plus the jelly stuff they stick in your mouth to get an imprint of your teeth always makes me gag.

Thanks for not starting me off about dentists. And another thing, why does that jelly stuff need to be green, everybody, for days afterwards think you have been eating spinach and why do they ask you a question when your mouth is full of their fingers and metal things and......???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Thanks for not starting me off about dentists. And another thing, why does that jelly stuff need to be green, everybody, for days afterwards think you have been eating spinach and why do they ask you a question when your mouth is full of their fingers and metal things and......???

Aaah..... I’ve got to go this week as a crown fell out. 😢

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It's pink at every dentist I have been to in Sunderland.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Not everyone is going to get a vaccine. The funny thing is that if you want a vaccine you better get it now because later you will have to pay for it. Currently, its basically a volunteer testing of the vaccine - if you want to participate - its your best time to do it 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I hope they can save it.

I've had 5 implants as the dentist said the root fillings from my falling out crowns could not take another crown.

So do I...... but, I’m not optimistic. I feel a big dental bill coming.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

I can't even get an appointment at my dentist.  I have broken a filling, but because I'm not in pain, I can't have an appointment 😞

I only have an emergency appointment to look at the damage and so am doubting anything will be done until the new year. However I much appreciated them slotting me in.

• Like 1