New vaccine

hollyjess

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks Jane - and for all your feedback. Good to get it from someone directly involved.

My practice is obviously sticking to the rules, and if that's the rule, so be it.  I'm certainly not going to question it, because they're a fantastically good bunch, with an Outstanding CQC rating, for very good reasons.

You might be finding the same, but the person I spoke to said that it was hugely easier and quicker to deal with the 70+ than the 80+.  Rattling through them was the comment.  A good sign perhaps for all the younger members of this esteemed forum.

Harry

Yes, we are definitely finding the same Harry.  The 70+ group are much more mobile, able to come at short notice if necessary, and mostly don't have to rely on transport or lifts from neighbours etc.  Stick with your local surgery - they'll serve you well.  Best wishes. Jane.x

38 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I had a call from our surgery yesterday offering me a jab on Saturday, I asked about my Wife, told she is not on the list yet.

I am 74 and she is 71 so we are both in group 4, I said no thanks I will wait until we can both have it at the same time.

Frank is 75 and I'm 73, (74 in April) close in age, but in different groups. A letter arrived for Frank only to book an appointment, but we waited for our surgery to contact him instead. Surprisingly when they did, it was for both of us to go on Saturday. Each surgery will have it's own system for calling up their patients within each group.

Avril

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well having woken up feeling absolutely fine, I now have a low grade temp and am shivering.  Twill pass as my Mum used to say.  I believe it's good news and shows it's working!

Jean, We both felt a bit tired and under the weather the day after our jabs, but were fine the following day.

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Well having woken up feeling absolutely fine, I now have a low grade temp and am shivering.  Twill pass as my Mum used to say.  I believe it's good news and shows it's working!

All those coughers & spluttering brigade you had over the years on the airlines .

I'm sure your immune system will take this vaccine in it's stride  Jean .

Take care ,stay safe and relax :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Hi Cathy.  Yes, I suppose it's a bit of both really.  Just made me feel a bit overwhelmed.  Maybe the lockdown and lack of going anywhere has made me less brave than I used to be.  I've cruised 5 times alone and many more with family and friends.  I'm just not feeling it at the moment!  Thanks for trying to help though. J.x

You are welcome Jane. The ship is beautiful. There's a lovely bright conservatory area near the pool which I was fond of sitting in. I think the food is better than P&O even in the MDR. The service is better too. I would to try the QG but I don't see how we will ever be able to afford it unless we only holiday every 5 years...

Cathy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Very funny, but possibly true!!

" Ladies and Gentlemen we are now cleared for take off and will be stating our 

engines before push back . Please fasten your seatbelt , with your seat in the upright 

position and your window blind also fully open .

In a moment our cabin crew will be doing a safety demonstration , where afterwards 

you can all sit back and cough your lungs up until we reach the runway "

Why do they all start doing this ?  It' sounds more like Battersea dogs home at feeding

time, than a passenger airline :classic_unsure:

As a Carer I was lucky enough to have my first jab last but night the nurse giving it told me the second one would be in 12 weeks as its not really needed as one is enough! whilst the nurse at the station next to mine was telling her patient that it was only effective if the second dose was given in 3 weeks.

the other thing that made absolutely no sense to me though is that the 2 other members of staff who work with me had it done at the same time and yet when we left to cue to get our second appointment the one before me got hers for 4 weeks time, the one after me got exactly 3 weeks and I got mine in 10 weeks when I questioned it and asked if they had anything sooner I was told yes they do but I couldn’t have one and should just be grateful and take what im given. Just makes no sense to me that there is no fixed system in place for timescale for a second dose, especially when the last thing I read from the manufacturers of the vaccine was that it should be 21 days for maximum effectiveness. And also very odd that the nurses giving the jabs were also telling different people different things.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DM6045 said:

As a Carer I was lucky enough to have my first jab last but night the nurse giving it told me the second one would be in 12 weeks as its not really needed as one is enough! whilst the nurse at the station next to mine was telling her patient that it was only effective if the second dose was given in 3 weeks.

the other thing that made absolutely no sense to me though is that the 2 other members of staff who work with me had it done at the same time and yet when we left to cue to get our second appointment the one before me got hers for 4 weeks time, the one after me got exactly 3 weeks and I got mine in 10 weeks when I questioned it and asked if they had anything sooner I was told yes they do but I couldn’t have one and should just be grateful and take what im given. Just makes no sense to me that there is no fixed system in place for timescale for a second dose, especially when the last thing I read from the manufacturers of the vaccine was that it should be 21 days for maximum effectiveness. And also very odd that the nurses giving the jabs were also telling different people different things.

Thanks for posting.

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

" Ladies and Gentlemen we are now cleared for take off and will be stating our 

engines before push back . Please fasten your seatbelt , with your seat in the upright 

position and your window blind also fully open .

In a moment our cabin crew will be doing a safety demonstration , where afterwards 

you can all sit back and cough your lungs up until we reach the runway "

Why do they all start doing this ?  It' sounds more like Battersea dogs home at feeding

time, than a passenger airline :classic_unsure:

It was unbelievable looking back.  I was a smoker then and the rear of the aircraft was almost unbearable.  My uniform stank of smoke when I got off.  Dreadful.  Luckily I saw sense at 35 and quit.

• Like 5

Just now, jeanlyon said:

It was unbelievable looking back.  I was a smoker then and the rear of the aircraft was almost unbearable.  My uniform stank of smoke when I got off.  Dreadful.  Luckily I saw sense at 35 and quit.

Was that a day or a week Jean?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I think all over 50s are in the next group after the first 4 are complete. These are all due to be vaccinated by the end of March.

No they are not  after first 4 group 5 is 65 and over, group 6 16-65 in at risk groups and group 7 over 60. Over 50 are group 9.

36 minutes ago, Cathygh said:

You are welcome Jane. The ship is beautiful. There's a lovely bright conservatory area near the pool which I was fond of sitting in. I think the food is better than P&O even in the MDR. The service is better too. I would to try the QG but I don't see how we will ever be able to afford it unless we only holiday every 5 years...

Cathy

My advice having done QG is save a considerable amount and go for Princess Grill.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone.

Just an update from a besieged vaccine hub in London. Things that were running so well have all gone pear-shaped. The arrival of the mass vaccination sites has led to total confusion. Multiple patients are being invited by letter to book an appointment to have a jab they had 10 days ago. They think they're being invited for a second jab, we know they're not. Confusion reigns. We no longer have a clear idea of what drops of vaccine we can expect. On Sunday, loads of people arrived, uninvited, unexpected, demanding their vaccines NOW. Someone had posted on Facecloth that anyone could turn up to receive a jab (thanks for that)  and it all got very unpleasant. Those walking frames and sticks can do real damage let me tell you. Anyway, the upshot is that we have to employ a security guard for the forthcoming weekend. Never mind masks and face-shields, I'll be wearing a stab-vest and carrying a truncheon on Sunday! 

On a totally different topic I've decided I'm not going on my planned QE British Isles cruise (hopefully it will be cancelled and I'll get my deposit back) in June. I've been reading some of the posts and roll-calls on that site and decided I'll be like a fish out of water. I'm sticking to P&O and you guys from hereon.

Oh well, I'd better get on and sort out my protective clothing.

Have a great day everyone and Graham, once again, good luck for tomorrow.

Best wishes all.

Jane.x

Hi Jane really sorry your having a rough time at the moment and we do appreciate all your hard work, and please don’t dismiss your QE cruise there are some really fantastic people on board and I’ve never experienced any kind of unpleasantness the Cunard forum does not give an honest view of the passengers and were all not bad, take care and thanks again for all your hard work. Lindy 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Jane really sorry your having a rough time at the moment and we do appreciate all your hard work, and please don’t dismiss your QE cruise there are some really fantastic people on board and I’ve never experienced any kind of unpleasantness the Cunard forum does not give an honest view of the passengers and were all not bad, take care and thanks again for all your hard work. Lindy 

Thank you Lindy.  It's probably just me and low mood at the moment.  I just feel a bit, as I said earlier, overwhelmed.  I'll get over it!  Thanks again.  Jane.x

• Like 2

I have just had a text message from my health centre inviting me for 

my covid jab . I have rung them up advising them my wife is my registered

carer and have both being shielding  for over 14 months together and 

would like a joint appointment for both of us .

I was told not to respond to the text and that way they will ring me and 

sort us out . So it's sit back and wait for the phone call .:classic_smile:

• Like 12

Just seen your posts about Sir Captain Tom.  Very sad to hear this.  He was in our lives for such a short time really - just under a year I think - but oh boy didn't he achieve a monumental amount in that time.  For a very elderly man to have such an impact on so many lives is quite incredible.  You'll Never Walk Alone Captain Tom.  My thoughts, like all of yours, are with his family. J.x

• Like 8

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Similar symptoms to me but slept 12 hours the night after and woke up feeling fine.Hope you do too

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have just had a text message from my health centre inviting me for 

my covid jab . I have rung them up advising them my wife is my registered

carer and have both being shielding  for over 14 months together and 

would like a joint appointment for both of us .

I was told not to respond to the text and that way they will ring me and 

sort us out . So it's sit back and wait for the phone call .:classic_smile:

We shall be waiting for call , my wife just had text , but I'm not 70 till this Friday,  so will wait till they ring her and add me to list hopefully. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Ah thanks Deb - that really made me laugh.  I know we are all doing our utmost but it doesn't half get you down sometimes doesn't it? Any idea where I could buy a cattle prod?  J.x

I get that people are desperate to get the jab which is great but manners and politeness costs nothing. If you can’t find a cattle prod a taser will do instead 😂.

Dx

• Like 2