New vaccine

hollyjess

Just back from our jabs (AZ / Oxford). Incredibly well organised, like a military operation. In and out in 10 mins and that was total, for the two of us. I didn’t sit down at all, even for the jab (my wife was in her wheelchair, so no choice). Best of all they gave me a bravery sticker (well, it says “I’ve had my Covid vaccination” but it’s a bravery sticker in my book) 😂 

Im still keeping my fingers crossed for all the other group 6 folk still waiting. Do post when you have news. 

• Like 13

Had my AZ vaccination on Monday, joints began to ache late evening I felt very tired so took a paracetamol and went to bed, slept better than normal, woke up with a mild headache, but by lunchtime the symptoms had lessened. Wednesday morning back to normal, although arm still sore at site of vaccination. 

Edited by Snow Hill

24 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Had my AZ vaccination on Monday, joints began to ache late evening I felt very tired so took a paracetamol and went to bed, slept better than normal, woke up with a mild headache, but by lunchtime the symptoms had lessened. Wednesday morning back to normal, although arm still sore at site of vaccination. 

I had mine about a week ago. Afterwards I felt a bit tired and lethargic. That didn't bother me as I have felt like that since 1968.🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Just back from our jabs (AZ / Oxford). Incredibly well organised, like a military operation. In and out in 10 mins and that was total, for the two of us. I didn’t sit down at all, even for the jab (my wife was in her wheelchair, so no choice). Best of all they gave me a bravery sticker (well, it says “I’ve had my Covid vaccination” but it’s a bravery sticker in my book) 😂 

Im still keeping my fingers crossed for all the other group 6 folk still waiting. Do post when you have news. 

Great news, pleased it went well for both of you. 

Had mine three weeks ago and felt fine, just waiting for the call for my wife, got everything crossed.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Great news, pleased it went well for both of you. 

Had mine three weeks ago and felt fine, just waiting for the call for my wife, got everything crossed.

Fingers crossed for you and your wife, Bob. Still waiting for my daughter's call as well.😞

Had to drive 8 miles up the road for my OH's jab yesterday.There is a center just around the corner but computer said no.My jab is tomorrow,I was hoping they would sqeeze me in but they couldn't.She's had no side affects anyway,cheers,Brian.

• Like 5

A little update from here in Retford in north Nottinghamshire.  Things seem to be going well with the vaccinations, my wife has been booked in for next Friday for her jab.  She is 44 years old but in category 6.  I’ll be so relieved once she’s had it.  My mother in law had the az jab 4 weeks ago and had no side effects from it.  Fingers crossed for everyone else still waiting and that you get yours soon.

• Like 13

Had a phone call yesterday afternoon from our surgery for my husband to have his jab tomorrow, put the phone down and it rang again straight away for me, the receptionist was laughing and said that I was next on her list. We are both booked in tomorrow morning at 11:30

• Like 8

Crazily on a local group on Facebook a local Pharmacy has made an announcement that due to excess vaccines anyone over 65, carers or clinically vulnerable and on list as such or social/health care workers for today only can just turn up without an appointment and can have the vaccine.

1 hour ago, 9is said:

A little update from here in Retford in north Nottinghamshire.  Things seem to be going well with the vaccinations, my wife has been booked in for next Friday for her jab.  She is 44 years old but in category 6.  I’ll be so relieved once she’s had it.  My mother in law had the az jab 4 weeks ago and had no side effects from it.  Fingers crossed for everyone else still waiting and that you get yours soon.

Things are going well in some places and ground to a halt in others. Our surgery and others near by haven't  had any vaccine for 10 days. It's a shambles.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Crazily on a local group on Facebook a local Pharmacy has made an announcement that due to excess vaccines anyone over 65, carers or clinically vulnerable and on list as such or social/health care workers for today only can just turn up without an appointment and can have the vaccine.

Thats not going to go well.  When they do run out lots of disappointed people who "deserved" it more than the person before them.

Did my first stint today at vaccinating.  Been a long process to get to do it, lots of manditory training, all of which was appropriate although given I am also employed by another health board on a day to day basis most of it was a repeat apart from the vaccine specific training.

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Did my first stint today at vaccinating.  Been a long process to get to do it, lots of manditory training, all of which was appropriate although given I am also employed by another health board on a day to day basis most of it was a repeat apart from the vaccine specific training.

Hope your jabbing goes well ,there are plenty of willing arms waiting to greet you .:classic_smile:

22 minutes ago, Dinglebert said:

Well done & more power to your plunger! 💉 

I got my NHS letter today inviting me to book a vaccination appointment, thing is, I got an identical letter 2 weeks ago and my GP surgery phoned last Friday morning so I had my first dose at lunchtime the same day. Maybe nobody updated the database?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I got my NHS letter today inviting me to book a vaccination appointment, thing is, I got an identical letter 2 weeks ago and my GP surgery phoned last Friday morning so I had my first dose at lunchtime the same day. Maybe nobody updated the database?

I had another NHS  letter yesterday identical to one I had a fortnight ago, we had our jabs last Saturday after being contacted by our Surgery

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I had another NHS  letter yesterday identical to one I had a fortnight ago, we had our jabs last Saturday after being contacted by our Surgery

Maybe it is just a lot easier to send a letter to everyone in group 5 etc, the letter does say you can ignore it

• Like 1

Result my daughter and her husband are getting their jabs on saturday. There dr got in touch with the local authority and he phoned today to say they agreed and  they both have their jabs saturday afternoon. Not at drs surgery in a nearby town about 10-15 mins away. Feel so relieved, and she is feeling so much better. We even had a bit of a giggle about my youngest grandaughter (her niece) she is only 2 but came out with the f word a few weeks ago. They don't stop babies for long!

• Like 9