New vaccine

hollyjess

Kalos, take some shopping from your cubards put it in shopping bags and put it in your car , then go to the shops not stopping but continue to do loops until you have reached a good ten miles run on your car , if you get stopped at any point you have some shopping in your car 😉😁

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Another problem which my son encounters quite often in his garage and has also been a victim of , because he lives in the country side but it can also happen in built up areas is mouses chewing through your cables inside the engine but his little mouse chewed through his diesel fuel line and emptied his tank this week and a very expensive repair, this is the second time, last time it was his Subaru car chewed through all the electrics while sat over the Christmas period of not going to work 😠

A few more months and for cars that do not move and are outdoors you can end up with Robins deciding to use the engine compartment /wheel arches as a nesting site , as well as other critters .

To them If it don't move it's a nesting site .:classic_smile:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think Tom's suggestion about this Christmas has a lot to do with the current situation wowzz.

Avril

It is now 16 days since Christmas, so hopefully most of those infected during the holiday should now have peaked, and hopefully the number of daily infections will now start to fall.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think Tom's suggestion about this Christmas has a lot to do with the current situation wowzz.

Avril

Yes, but he was also implying that those going to the beach in August also caused the current situation, which is patently not the case.

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Kalos, take some shopping from your cubards put it in shopping bags and put it in your car , then go to the shops not stopping but continue to do loops until you have reached a good ten miles run on your car , if you get stopped at any point you have some shopping in your car 😉😁

Thanks but as I put in a earlier post ,I would simply carry my medical explanation of why I do not go near anyone/shopping but need to run the car. The run the car will have will be 15 miles , in my earlier post I was guessing 12 miles and did not realise the one was missing from my post , hence it read 2 miles . The advice given by others regarding handbrakes is spot on . Just another tip for anyone in the same situation when you start your car do not rev it /drive it ..Give the oil time to circulate and do it's job for a minute.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Yes, but he was also implying that those going to the beach in August also caused the current situation, which is patently not the case.

I think he was possibly implying that the same sort of people are the ones causing the upsurge in infection.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Those who think COVID is just like the flu should read this

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/health/medical/majority-of-coronavirus-patients-have-at-least-one-symptom-six-months-later/ar-BB1cASEG?ocid=msedgdhp

As the research is published in the Lancet I think it is not fake news.

A very interesting read. That's what they're calling long covid I think. I don't think anyone posting on here thinks covid is ''just a flu'' Except  perhaps two who I'm sure we can all name😉

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

A few more months and for cars that do not move and are outdoors you can end up with Robins deciding to use the engine compartment /wheel arches as a nesting site , as well as other critters .

It is amazing how many spiders can set up home in your wing mirrors in the summer outside.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very interesting read. That's what they're calling long covid I think. I don't think anyone posting on here thinks covid is ''just a flu'' Except  perhaps two who I'm sure we can all name😉

Avril

I agree some people will just not listen.

I think fortunately for everyone else on here I am the only one who has had covid19 and it is certainly different from flu 

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Garden centres are closed in Wales.

Not here I'm afraid. Both my grandsons work at B&Q and all the store is open and working as normal. During the first lockdown only certain areas were allowed to open. Not good.

Avril

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Another problem which my son encounters quite often in his garage and has also been a victim of , because he lives in the country side but it can also happen in built up areas is mouses chewing through your cables inside the engine but his little mouse chewed through his diesel fuel line and emptied his tank this week and a very expensive repair, this is the second time, last time it was his Subaru car chewed through all the electrics while sat over the Christmas period of not going to work 😠

Dave's got a few cats he can have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'd get Chris Packham to set up "Winter Watch" on your drive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

When I was rich and single :classic_unsure: I had two or 3 cars on the go and one was immobile due to me tarting it up over a few weeks. I would always take the negative terminal connection off the battery to stop it draining power over time . I also carry a torch in the glove box and again turn one of the batteries the wrong way until needed, so they hold their power .:classic_smile:

So I have the option of taking the negative terminal connection off the battery.

Think I'll take it for a run.🥴😄

2 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

So I have the option of taking the negative terminal connection off the battery.

Think I'll take it for a run.🥴😄

I would If I was you , the other option is ok if you do not have a coded car radio but if you have the code no probs :classic_smile:

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kalos said:

I would If I was you , the other option is ok if you do not have a coded car radio but if you have the code no probs :classic_smile:

It helps to reset some warning lights if you disconnect the battery saving £50 for a garage to reset with their plug in fault finder.

If the fault persists then get it checked out.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Yea just Flu they say . I feel sorry for this Nurse up in Scotland who must be representative of many of the medical staff throughout the UK. She has not seen her Mum and Dad in over a year , yet she keeps on going for us .:classic_love:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Dave's got a few cats he can have.

give me the address and I will stick a stamp on and shove them in a post box 😈

No visitations today, they are probably lounging at home and stuffed with sparrows

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sounds like a good ploy. During the last lockdown my car was inactive for a fair bit. Went shopping locally one day and had a "Low Battery" warning shouting at me from the dashboard. That resulted in £75 spent on a special charger that was designed for AGM batteries. Recently changed my car so hopefully I wont suffer the same problem in the short term. However I do think it's advisable to allow the engine to get up to a proper working temperature maybe at least once every few weeks. Helps with clearing out deposits and protecting the life of the catalytic converter.

Got an eye test appointment next week at a Boots branch about 6 miles away but that 6 miles could become 12 or 15 with some creative routing😜

Edited by arlowood

I took the MIL for her jab this morning, she has had the Pfizer version, which we are pleased about. Very well organised in the car park by volunteers, every effort was made to keep social distancing with a one way system set up. We had to sit for 15 min after the jab then off we went.

• Like 11