Will vaccines now be required?

Diamond lover

13 hours ago, nocl said:

Is a $1000 dollar fine for riding a bicycle into a main square a of ski village excessive? Many people might think so but the town of Whistler thinks it is appropriate.

Grand Cayman clearly states what the rules are for visitors, and they certainly feel that the fine is appropriate.

Or how about this one "Anyone who violates the mandatory quarantine could face up to $5,000 in fines or a year in Prison."  That is the potential penalty in Hawaii for doing the same thing.

Look at Malaysia! It is written right on the walls of the airport, " The result of dealing drugs is death" My daughter had some people down the street who had comings and goings at all hours. After 5 days they were arrested and their 14 child deported. Ten days later they were hung. No long court challenge, no long trial, just dead... They had been warned!

42 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

Getting back to topic, does anyone know what the cruise lines are tossing around as far as vaccines and masks? Especially masks. Somebody must have heard SOMETHING.

Both topics have been discussed repeatedly and endlessly in multiple threads and posts if you take a look.  So yes we have heard and discussed plenty.  But we still actually know next to nothing about actual vaccine requirements by cruise lines for passengers or crew.  Some recent statements by the executives from these corporations indicate they are leaning toward a requirement.   But not definite yet.  Masks have been required on European cruises that have sailed.   There are the released guidelines by CDC and CLIA and others says masks and social distancing will very likely be required when cruises resume operations.    

Edited by TeeRick

10 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Both topics have been discussed repeatedly and endlessly in multiple threads and posts if you take a look.  So yes we have heard and discussed plenty.  But we still actually know next to nothing about actual vaccine requirements by cruise lines for passengers or crew.  Some recent statements by the executives from these corporations indicate they are leaning toward a requirement.   But not definite yet.  Masks have been required on European cruises that have sailed.   There are the released guidelines by CDC and CLIA and others says masks and social distancing will very likely be required when cruises resume operations.    

Since this thread has been going on for so long, I was asking for focus and an update, perhaps I will get a current answer.

23 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Here is an article on the EEOC's position on employer's requiring COVID vaccines.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/530963-federal-agency-says-employers-can-require-workers-to-get-covid-19-vaccine

This doesn't surprise me at all.  As an attorney for the government, I defended the government from discrimination complaints for three years.  I can't see how it would illegally discriminate.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

Since this thread has been going on for so long, I was asking for focus and an update, perhaps I will get a current answer.

I think I gave you a current answer.  But others are free to respond of course.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2020 at 7:11 AM, ipeeinthepool said:

I disagree.  All inbound passengers to the Cayman islands require a PCR test upon arrival.  A requirement for entering is to complete a 14 day quarantine and to agree to an electronic tether, if you want to quarantine in a private residence, to confirm you quarantine in addition to the PCR test.  She knew these requirements and intentionally violated them.  She's a spoiled kid who doesn't believe the rules apply to her.  Jail is appropriate.

The article I read this morning said the family is appealing to Trump. It also mentioned something I did not see in the other articles I read on her sentence. She had a tracker bracelet that she removed! I agree with you that jail is appropriate. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

The article I read this morning said the family is appealing to Trump. It also mentioned something I did not see in the other articles I read on her sentence. She had a tracker bracelet that she removed! I agree with you that jail is appropriate. 

Lock her up, she knew the rules, right or wrong, and she should pay the price.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

Perhaps you can focus and do some research like many of the others do on here, as it pertains to COVID.  

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Perhaps you can focus and do some research like many of the others do on here, as it pertains to COVID.  

My focus is (was) here. Why would I redo all the research everyone has already done? 

I guess I will bow out here. I thought there would be late Dec info, and there were those that had insider info, not just bleeding off other sites. Sorry I upset you all! 

I will find out with everyone else outside of this.

51 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

My focus is (was) here. Why would I redo all the research everyone has already done? 

I guess I will bow out here. I thought there would be late Dec info, and there were those that had insider info, not just bleeding off other sites. Sorry I upset you all! 

I will find out with everyone else outside of this.

Have you looked at the Healthy Sail Panel Report? It's here https://www.royalcaribbean.com/healthy-cruising-panel

That's from September, but I don't know that anyone "knows" anything more current. Testing, masks, ship only excursions, etc. Those are the highlights I remember. That's pretty much what was in place on Quantum of the Seas on its 'cruise to nowhere' out of Singapore that was cut short due to a false positive test (I'm not sure why the passenger was tested during the cruise; I don't see that in their protocol, so maybe they had symptoms?).

I really don't know that anyone knows anything more now. If they do, I haven't seen it. Wish I knew more, but my next cruise is 17 months out, and I expect things will change by then.

Anything regarding the following is pure speculation:

#1 When limited cruising will resume

#2 When regular cruising will resume with cruises including TAS

#3 Will masks be required? Until what date?

#4 Will proof of COVID vaccination be required?  If yes, when will it no longer be required?

Done.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Especially since she called the health department the day before the competition and stated that her tracker bracelet was too tight and got it loosened.

9 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Anything regarding the following is pure speculation:

#1 When limited cruising will resume

#2 When regular cruising will resume with cruises including TAS

#3 Will masks be required? Until what date?

#4 Will proof of COVID vaccination be required?  If yes, when will it no longer be required?

Done.

Very accurate, up to date,  and succinct update.  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

I'm happy to see that the Cayman Islands Court of Appeal today agreed with my assessment that the 4-month jail sentence was excessive and has halved Skylar Mack's sentence to 2 months.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2020/12/22/skylar-mack-cayman-islands-prison/

Now, back to vaccines...

When Fouremco speaks, the Cayman's listen!!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, medtech71 said:

No.  If you want to inject that poison into yourself, go ahead.  What do you care if I don’t?  You’re protected, right?

Well, I'll just wave to you while you stand on the dock as we sail away....  :classic_laugh:

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, medtech71 said:

No.  If you want to inject that poison into yourself, go ahead.  What do you care if I don’t?  You’re protected, right?

Because to put it simply, if you do not get vaccinated and get infected you pose a risk to those that 1. For a  medical reason cannot get the vaccine or 2. the 5% for whom the vaccine is not effective.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, medtech71 said:

I am in my late 40’s healthy, professional....the exact demographic celebrity wants.  We could just leave everyone over 60 ashore since that’s the weakest link.

Over 60 may be the weakest link to die but aside from any immunocompromised individuals the young may be just as likely to catch Covid and that's the problem for the cruise industry and the ports of call.  The ports don't want the young introducing more of the virus into their countries and I cruise industry can't afford to have any infected young cruisers onboard that will interrupt their cruise.  So that's why the unvaccinated will need to be kept off the cruise ships for the foreseeable future.   I'll also wave to you as we leave the dock.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Over 60 may be the weakest link to die 

It was reported on the news that those in their early sixties have a 1 in 2 million chance of dying from Covid. The exact same odds of dying from falling out of your bed!

People keep posting that vaccination will be a requirement and posts like that they will be "waving from the ship to the unvaccinated on the dock"

Have you actually got any documentary proof that this will be the case?

Has any cruise line or government body specifically stated this will happen?

Or is this just a personal view and something you would want the cruise lines to do but is not actually a fact.

Governments have not issued a vaccine requirement to travel as far as I am aware

And only personal views from company employees on the matter have been expressed not actually company policy changed and issued.

I have no issues with the cruise lines introducing a vaccination policy but I am enough of a realist to understand the complicated practicalities involved in such a decision.

What I don't understand is people posting opinion as fact.

Both a vaccination to travel will be needed or a vaccination will not be needed to travel are both equally true at this moment in time, until a decision is made.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nomad098 said:

People keep posting that vaccination will be a requirement and posts like that they will be "waving from the ship to the unvaccinated on the dock"

Have you actually got any documentary proof that this will be the case?

Has any cruise line or government body specifically stated this will happen?

Or is this just a personal view and something you would want the cruise lines to do but is not actually a fact.

Governments have not issued a vaccine requirement to travel as far as I am aware

And only personal views from company employees on the matter have been expressed not actually company policy changed and issued.

I have no issues with the cruise lines introducing a vaccination policy but I am enough of a realist to understand the complicated practicalities involved in such a decision.

What I don't understand is people posting opinion as fact.

Both a vaccination to travel will be needed or a vaccination will not be needed to travel are both equally true at this moment in time, until a decision is made.

nomad098 is very correct at this point.  Many here are presuming that vaccination will be required to travel or board a cruise ship.  Although we tend to think so, there is absolutely nothing definitive right now except for a few companies like Quantas Airlines who said vaccination proof will be required to board their flights.