The Daily for Tuesday Dec 1, 2020

richwmn

3 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Our Saint Paul condo has been sold! It closed yesterday but the cash did not show up in the bank until late in the day. I did not want to jinx things by posting before we had the $$. That is a large burden finally off our shoulders!

Excellent news!  So glad for you.  Something HAD to go right in 2020 😉 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I'm going to float a trial balloon here.  How would people feel about a "Dailyite" Meet and Greet.  We cannot do it in person, but it would have to be something like Zoom.  I'm thinking Boxing Day might be a reasonable time to do it, and it would need to stay open for a while to accommodate multiple time zones.  Any thoughts?

Roy

That could be fun! Put some faces to the names and maybe realize we have sailed together without even knowing it. I might scare everyone though; haven't had a haircut or hardly shaved since the pandemic started. It is my social distancing makeover!

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

Excellent news!  So glad for you.  Something HAD to go right in 2020 😉 

Thanks Jacqui!

2020 was certainly our year for real estate transactions - 3 closings - I'm going to miss interacting with our agent, she is great! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Daily, Rich.  Love all 3 days, the quote, and the meal suggestion is also fantastic.  My alternative is Chilled Coconut Nutmeg Soup, Roast Striploin of Beef, and Cherry Crisp.  as served on the Prinsendam December 1, 2013. 

For those who think Covid only affects the elderly, yesterday Maryland lost a 9 year old.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax with radiation looming

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

Me and my brother

The nursing home on Vict0riann’s street

durangoscots, her niece, and niece’s daughter on the November 29 death of her niece’s husband.

Dismomx5's niece-nurse turning covid-positive

Mamaofami’s grandson awaiting Covid results

CrabbyPatti’s dad with dimentia

Mary229's sister with cancer

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Roy, could you please add Dutch poster Ine - a very nice and helpful poster from The Netherlands - on your care list? Specifically, her husband Ton has to undergo emergency by-pass (heart) surgery next week in Amsterdam, thanks!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

@cat shepard I never heard Ixora called Jungle Geranium before. I shall have to remember that. 🙂You said it's windy in the Keys but is it warm? It's chilly here in coastal central FL, had to turn the heat on. Is that laughter from Canada I'm hearing?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Here's Sophie! She is sweet, adorable, inquisitive and wants to be on my lap. She's only been with us 2.5 hours!

1201201226b.jpg

1201201325.jpg

1201201338.jpg

Awwwwwwww ❤️ 

I can see her kneading in the last pic 😉 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, superoma said:

Does anybody know if you can do zoom on an iPad or would I have to fire up my laptop? Might be fun!

I like it better on a laptop but it can definitely be done on an IPAD.

Roy

• Like 2

The first couple of times I "zoomed" I had no trouble with my computer, (DD uses her iPhone), but  the last two times I have tried I couldn't get audio on my computer.  It said I had to call a long distance (toll) number.  I will see if I can figure out the iPad,  if that will work, otherwise my  iphone.

We went out to Butchart's for lunch today.  It is looking very pretty, but deserted... Even the garbage bins are decorated..

IMG_5341.thumb.jpeg.ed89c7e6ea97cfaf732446f555bd289c.jpeg 

• Like 10