Celebrity Survey

sandancer

You might call Celebrity and find out if it's legit. This would be much better than asking about those receiving emails on this board. It would alert Celebrity if it is a scam and they could take steps to limit any damage.

• Like 1

Hi Elaine:

Today we did receive an email with a one-question survey asking us to rate our experience on a recent call to Celebrity.  I suspect that one is okay since they did have the date of our call correct.  They are using a survey company called Concentrix.  Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, sandancer said:

Tonight I had an email from Celebrity (?) asking me to participate in a survey by clicking on a link. I don’t care for completing surveys at any time but this struck me as being not quite genuine. Has anyone else has this email?

Did they ask what your bank account number and password was?

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Thank you.  Very reassuring. I’m probably over cautious. 

It's good to be cautious.  A week ago, we got 18 calls one day from places all over the US wanting to complete my DH's application for life insurance!  The amount of info they had was scary.  No one had noticed we're Canadians and therefore, not insurable in the US.  We have blocked all the calls and they are still registering.

Glad the email was legit.

11 hours ago, Orator said:

You might call Celebrity and find out if it's legit. This would be much better than asking about those receiving emails on this board. It would alert Celebrity if it is a scam and they could take steps to limit any damage.

Hi - 

Not bad advise, but there really is not too much else to talk about here...

Cheers

🍸

10 hours ago, TeaBag said:

It's good to be cautious.  A week ago, we got 18 calls one day from places all over the US wanting to complete my DH's application for life insurance!  The amount of info they had was scary.  No one had noticed we're Canadians and therefore, not insurable in the US.  We have blocked all the calls and they are still registering.

Glad the email was legit.

The calls are likely not from the US.  Scammers and telemarketers spoof the phone numbers so they can appear from anywhere.  Usually they pick a number from a somewhere close to you.  Maybe your Canadian number confused them.  You can block them and the will appear to be from a different number.

A couple of months ago I had a job with the US Census Bureau and I was calling from my government issued phone that had a number registered in New Mexico.  Probably less than 1 in 10 people actually answered my calls.  BTW hardly anyone ever answered the voicemails that I left but that's another story.

You can't be too cautious. Many people have evolved too not answering any number they don't recognize, if it's important they will leave a message.  Many of us don't respond to any email that we don't recognize and I've stopped clicking on anything that is unsolicited.  It really isn't my loss that some survey doesn't collect my thoughts.

5 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

The calls are likely not from the US.  Scammers and telemarketers spoof the phone numbers so they can appear from anywhere.  Usually they pick a number from a somewhere close to you.  Maybe your Canadian number confused them.  You can block them and the will appear to be from a different number.

A couple of months ago I had a job with the US Census Bureau and I was calling from my government issued phone that had a number registered in New Mexico.  Probably less than 1 in 10 people actually answered my calls.  BTW hardly anyone ever answered the voicemails that I left but that's another story.

You can't be too cautious. Many people have evolved too not answering any number they don't recognize, if it's important they will leave a message.  Many of us don't respond to any email that we don't recognize and I've stopped clicking on anything that is unsolicited.  It really isn't my loss that some survey doesn't collect my thoughts.

A few days ago I received a call that the caller ID showed it was from ONE TOUCH.  The message left for me was from Celebrity CC.  It was from the same agent I spoke to the day before about missing PUPS.  I did not answer the call because I do not know what ONE TOUCH was.  Why would CC have a caller ID that is not correct!

13 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

A few days ago I received a call that the caller ID showed it was from ONE TOUCH.  The message left for me was from Celebrity CC.  It was from the same agent I spoke to the day before about missing PUPS.  I did not answer the call because I do not know what ONE TOUCH was.  Why would CC have a caller ID that is not correct!

Actually, I think that One Touch is or was a group within Celebrity Cruises (or perhaps a contracted organization?) dealing with some customer service items. I recall sending an e-mail to an address that was One Touch at Celebrity.com, or something along those lines, with a question on a booking a few years back. Probably that group had specific phone numbers registered under their name as opposed to the cruise line.

Now, how they would expect you to know that is a valid question.

17 hours ago, sandancer said:

Didn’t get that far but of course I would have given that information. Why not? After all it’s not as if there are people out there trying to empty your bank account. 

Or that I actually have any money left in mine.

20 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We both received one today. It's just a survey that displays various stock images they use and asks you to agree/disagree if each image portrays a sense of luxury. I'm sure it will be a trigger point for some here, but you are free to delete 😉

It is sort of funny what sets people off at times.  I received same survey.  

6 hours ago, sandancer said:

Great post. If I’d collected all the gifts and awards I’ve been offered online I would be knee deep in $100 gift cards. Into the bin they go. 

Obviously offering money from no where is a scam...sad that some folks fall for that too.