C and A Double Points Offer extended into 2022

molly361

I just received an e-mail from RCCL that says we earn double points on all 2021 sailings booked through January 2021.  It doesn't mention extending double points on sailings through March 2022 but the subject is "double points extended." ???

image.png.b88ab48d0a766d442e9d41e0aaa2ed58.png

./double2_files/ROY_spacer.gif

Miss the anticipation of an exciting vacation? We get it. Good news — this
is one of the best times to put a Royal Caribbean® getaway on your
calendar. Because we’ve extended our limited-time deal for valued
Crown & Anchor® Society members like you — you can still earn double
points on any new booking made through January 2021. Plus right
now you’ll save up to $450 instantly, and your plus one sails for 60% off.

Enter your Crown & Anchor member number when booking to earn
your double points.

7 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I just received an e-mail from RCCL that says we earn double points on all 2021 sailings booked through January 2021.  It doesn't mention extending double points on sailings through March 2022 but the subject is "double points extended." ???

image.png.b88ab48d0a766d442e9d41e0aaa2ed58.png

Miss the anticipation of an exciting vacation? We get it. Good news — this
is one of the best times to put a Royal Caribbean® getaway on your
calendar. Because we’ve extended our limited-time deal for valued
Crown & Anchor® Society members like you — you can still earn double
points on any new booking made through January 2021. Plus right
now you’ll save up to $450 instantly, and your plus one sails for 60% off.

Enter your Crown & Anchor member number when booking to earn
your double points.

Booking Window: October 19 – January 31, 2021
Sailing Window: All sailings departing from March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
Markets:  Global excluding China
How to Redeem:  Guest must add their Crown and Anchor member number  
Level of CAS:  Gold and above  
Offer details:Loyalty members receive 2X Crown and Anchor points once they return from sailing

2 hours ago, island lady said:

LOL...same thing.  Said we would "never make D+"...then "We will never make Pinnacle".  😉 

If I can just finally just get ON a ship...I was one cruise away from Pinnie since last February!!  😮  Was supposed to turn on Grandeur last June.  Sigh...28 cruise cancellations later...I am still not cruising.  

We never said we would not make D+ because we were already there when it was created.

I understand how frustrating it must be to be stuck one cruise away.  Once it is in sight it becomes a mission.  We reach on leg 4 of a B5B.  Now the points are just to get us closer to the next free cruise.

• Like 1

Now this offer made me do a double take and go and research cruises. We were in the midst of booking Fall and holiday 2020 cruises when C19 hit. So thank goodness we haven't had any cruises cancelled and had to re-book. I was going to wait until a few cruises sailed (whenever that is), they ironed out the kinks and then book something. Since I'm 15 points from Diamond I sure am tempted to book an 8 day somewhere late 2021/beginning 2022 to get double the points. I have a few weeks to think about it. Very tempting! But I'm still skeptical on giving them my $500. 

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Booking Window: October 19 – January 31, 2021
Sailing Window: All sailings departing from March 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022
Markets:  Global excluding China
How to Redeem:  Guest must add their Crown and Anchor member number  
Level of CAS:  Gold and above  
Offer details:Loyalty members receive 2X Crown and Anchor points once they return from sailing

Cruises booked prior to Oct 19 of this year only get double points in 2021 and not 2022?

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Cruises booked prior to Oct 19 of this year only get double points in 2021 and not 2022?

All existing bookings.

Double Points applies to new individual and group named bookings, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Bookings made before January 31, 2021.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

All existing bookings.

Double Points applies to new individual and group named bookings, and named existing bookings on all Eligible Bookings made before January 31, 2021.

So what does that Oct 19 booking window mean?

1 hour ago, cynt said:

Now this offer made me do a double take and go and research cruises. We were in the midst of booking Fall and holiday 2020 cruises when C19 hit. So thank goodness we haven't had any cruises cancelled and had to re-book. I was going to wait until a few cruises sailed (whenever that is), they ironed out the kinks and then book something. Since I'm 15 points from Diamond I sure am tempted to book an 8 day somewhere late 2021/beginning 2022 to get double the points. I have a few weeks to think about it. Very tempting! But I'm still skeptical on giving them my $500. 

Or book a quick get away for 4 days in a JS, go to coco cay and pick a time further out when you think it's safe. JS 4 days will give you same pts as 8 days in a balcony. Or go solo for quick pts.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

If our 9 night Oct 2021 Canada/New England sails...points for our Ocean View Panoramic suite?

How many points for our 7 nights March 2022 B2B OS category?

Do you know what you normally get? Just double it per night.

I don’t do suites, but if it’s 2 per night, then you will get 4.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

If our 9 night Oct 2021 Canada/New England sails...points for our Ocean View Panoramic suite?

How many points for our 7 nights March 2022 B2B OS category?

4 points per night fir the OS.

what ship for the 9 night?  Is the OVP considered a full suite

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

4 points per night fir the OS.

what ship for the 9 night?  Is the OVP considered a full suite

Freedom...yes the OVP is considered a full suite.

So 56 for the B2B and 36 for the 9 nighter.

Edited by Ashland

It's amazing the little things that get everyone excited now-a-days.

I guess this makes people forget there has been no cruises since March 2020. ?

Plus it gets more people to put in  more deposits at RCCL for cruises that most likely will never happen.

It would not get me to book another cruise right now even if they were giving out triple points.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Would you have preferred another thread talking about the virus or the vaccines?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Plus it gets more people to put in  more deposits at RCCL for cruises that most likely will never happen.

It would not get me to book another cruise right now even if they were giving out triple points.

The extension of double points is at least something to write about that is cruise related.  I will not be adding any more bookings but this did add extra points to ones that I had shifted into Feb/Mar of 2020. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jimbo said:

This double point perk will get us to Pinnacle, and that's a free cruise, plus all the other new bennies.

Most of my deposit money, and some full payments are coming from RCCL and Princess cancellations for previously booked/paid up cruises.  I paid some of the cruises in full to qualify for 56,000 Sapphire points to use as statement credits or air fare.  ALL of the cruises I have booked for 2021 and 2022 are covered under both Princess and RCCL's Cruise With Confidence policies, so no cancellation or change fees.  I cancelled 3 RCCL cruises yesterday for May 2021 with non-refundable deposits, and because of the CWC policy they just moved the deposit money over to the new cruises.

One of the cruises cancelled by Princess for March 2021 is paying for 3 new cruises for March 2022, because I got 125% FCC when they cancelled it.  

It's not much of a problem, except I had to build a pretty complex Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all of it.

Edited by pcur