Tipping Perfect Day Cabana Attenant

I have never rented a cabana on CC so I have no advice there.  The only tipping story I have to pass along is when we rented a cabana on Labadee in the suites area.  I thought it would be nice to tip the attendant up front so we didn't forget or miss him at the end of the day (we tend to leave somewhat early).  I gave him $20 and never saw him again the entire day.  Never again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Remember all tipping threads are an opportunity to brag on how much to tip.....So I'll throw out the opposite....if tips are included, I will not tip extra......

I like your post.  It’s a great way to start the debate, which has been on hold at the starting line.  

3 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

These tipping threads are a riot. 25 replies so far and only 2 have addressed the OP's question.

I very the tip by how much they assist. It was varied from $25 to $100, all dependant on the service we have recieved. 

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I have never rented a cabana on CC so I have no advice there.  The only tipping story I have to pass along is when we rented a cabana on Labadee in the suites area.  I thought it would be nice to tip the attendant up front so we didn't forget or miss him at the end of the day (we tend to leave somewhat early).  I gave him $20 and never saw him again the entire day.  Never again.

I bet you only did this the one time. 🤦‍♂️😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

At Columbus Cove, monitoring the border between the public beach and the Cabana area is part of the job description, not a request. 

Interesting...I didn't know that...as it sounded like a personal request the poster made.

Thanks for setting the record straight on that detail.

18 hours ago, Hogbay said:

cabana to cabin ??? You cannot un USE the cabin attendant , the deck supervisor and even HD do random inspection's .You are making problems for them unless you are on a honeymoon . Whom would not want a cleaned room ? With chania virius you may not have a choice and room must be cleaned twice a day :classic_rolleyes:

You definitely can. I don’t vacuum my house or clean the bathrooms everyday and I don’t see any need for someone else to do it daily. Sometimes we are still in the room when he/she is ready to clean it. I don’t want them to wait on us. We have had it happen to us that when we come back from breakfast we have to wait for them to finish. I don’t like doing that. I will leave the do not disturb sign on, but we also tell them we don’t need service. This way they know they can pass up our room. Also, the way I see it is they get a little break from having so much work to do. They work their a$$ off.

One time I cruised by myself since something came up at the last minute with DH. I think I had her come in a total of 3 or 4 times for the 7 days. A supervisor stopped by to see if there was anything wrong. There wasn’t. Since it was just me I already had an extra set of towels. Maybe they thought I didn’t want to tip so I wasn’t using her that often. I don’t know. As always we always leave the auto brats in place regardless of how little we use them. 

At the end we normally leave the extra tip in the room and just leave. This was the first time I have ever handed it directly to the cabin attendant. I wanted to ask her a question and I normally wouldn’t see her or she would be cleaning in a room. I asked if she got to keep the full amount or if it was split. She said she got to keep it.

There used to be threads with people saying they were told they had to share it and others said they got to keep it. I wanted to know first hand so I asked. I would assume it would be the same on all of RC ships, but I don’t know.  She did look very shocked that she got an extra tip from me. I hope she enjoyed not having to clean my room so much.

15 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Remember all tipping threads are an opportunity to brag on how much to tip.....So I'll throw out the opposite....if tips are included, I will not tip extra......

No not all. I don’t say how much someone should tip or what I tip. Not everyone tips extra. I tip more than some and there are others that tip more than me. We all have our little space in the universe. I do my own thing on how much I tip extra. If you don’t want to tip extra that’s up to you. I personally wish the lines would include it in the cost of the cruise.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

These tipping threads are a riot. 25 replies so far and only 2 have addressed the OP's question.

I thought the question was answered for the OP. If not then I apologize to them. 

11 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

No not all. I don’t say how much someone should tip or what I tip. Not everyone tips extra. I tip more than some and there are others that tip more than me. We all have our little space in the universe. I do my own thing on how much I tip extra. If you don’t want to tip extra that’s up to you. I personally wish the lines would include it in the cost of the cruise.

You just bragged you tipped more......that's what tipping threads do......no one says, I don't tip, but me.....just for fun

On 1/4/2021 at 5:26 PM, bonniew88 said:

We'll be a group of six in a cabana on Perfect Day.  We have the beverage packages with gratuities included.  At the end of the day, what is an appropriate gratuity to give to our cabana attendant?

$25 pp

We'll be a group of six in a cabana on Perfect Day.  We have the beverage packages with gratuities included.  At the end of the day, what is an appropriate gratuity to give to our cabana attendant?

We were two couples and gave $20 each, it was worth it, 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 11:32 AM, Joseph2017China said:

You just bragged you tipped more......that's what tipping threads do......no one says, I don't tip, but me.....just for fun

I said I tipped more than others and others tip more than me. There will always be someone doing more than me regardless of what the situation is and there will always be someone doing less than me. That’s not bragging, it’s just how life is except if you are really the top dog or the lowest. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 11:06 PM, Iamcruzin said:

I'm going to post whore now by saying I can't believe how that thread keeps going on and on.  Celebrity has a dress code thread running that I posted on.  Times are tough on the CC. Let the games begin.

Please don’t  post the word WHORE on this board.  I am a former one, and I'm offended.

• Haha 2

Really like your post, it shows the normal world will return soon.  I'd say 20% cost of cabana would be good.

On 1/5/2021 at 3:44 AM, Hogbay said:

cabana to cabin ??? You cannot un USE the cabin attendant , the deck supervisor and even HD do random inspection's .You are making problems for them unless you are on a honeymoon . Whom would not want a cleaned room ? With chania virius you may not have a choice and room must be cleaned twice a day :classic_rolleyes:

What is the Chania virus? Is this a new virus? 

(sorry, a thread isn't proper these days until it has a virus post 🤣)

On 1/6/2021 at 4:24 PM, ReneeFLL said:

A supervisor stopped by to see if there was anything wrong.

Yep just let them do there "SOP" and then tip..you are not helpful to them ...any csbin not made up is a problem for the staff ... the deck supervisor Will ask why the room is not made up .and he has a boss too . So if room ticked off the supervisor would not have to write a report ... YOU ARE MAKING MORE WORK FOR THEM ..🙄

On 1/6/2021 at 12:24 AM, ReneeFLL said:

You definitely can. I don’t vacuum my house or clean the bathrooms everyday and I don’t see any need for someone else to do it daily. Sometimes we are still in the room when he/she is ready to clean it. I don’t want them to wait on us. We have had it happen to us that when we come back from breakfast we have to wait for them to finish. I don’t like doing that. I will leave the do not disturb sign on, but we also tell them we don’t need service. This way they know they can pass up our room. Also, the way I see it is they get a little break from having so much work to do. They work their a$$ off.

One time I cruised by myself since something came up at the last minute with DH. I think I had her come in a total of 3 or 4 times for the 7 days. A supervisor stopped by to see if there was anything wrong. There wasn’t. Since it was just me I already had an extra set of towels. Maybe they thought I didn’t want to tip so I wasn’t using her that often. I don’t know. As always we always leave the auto brats in place regardless of how little we use them. 

At the end we normally leave the extra tip in the room and just leave. This was the first time I have ever handed it directly to the cabin attendant. I wanted to ask her a question and I normally wouldn’t see her or she would be cleaning in a room. I asked if she got to keep the full amount or if it was split. She said she got to keep it.

There used to be threads with people saying they were told they had to share it and others said they got to keep it. I wanted to know first hand so I asked. I would assume it would be the same on all of RC ships, but I don’t know.  She did look very shocked that she got an extra tip from me. I hope she enjoyed not having to clean my room so much.

27 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

Yep just let them do there "SOP" and then tip..you are not helpful to them ...any csbin not made up is a problem for the staff ... the deck supervisor Will ask why the room is not made up .and he has a boss too . So if room ticked off the supervisor would not have to write a report ... YOU ARE MAKING MORE WORK FOR THEM ..🙄

Maybe you need to read my post again and comprehend it. This does NOT create more work for them. I don't care what their SOP is. If I feel I don't need their services then I won't have them in the room. Got it???

24 minutes ago, Hogbay said:

The origin of the virus ! 🤐🤐🤐

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣