Equinox 2022-2023 Caribbean Sailings Are Available

CHEZMARYLOU

1 minute ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Celebrity opened Equinox 2022-2023 Caribbean Sailings today.  Our CVP has no idea when other ships will be opened or why they were not included.  We booked our Christmas, New Year's cruise.

How do you gauge the prices?  Increases?

We are paying less for an 11 day holiday cruise than we are for 10 days on Silhouette.  The Silhouette was recently booked so we are probably paying more than if we had booked it when it was 1st available.  It's also a Refundable Deposit vs NRD on Equinox since we moved another booking that was NR.

I just spot checked some of the 9 nighters, the prices were cheaper than we had for the cancelled 5/14/21 cruise with the same itinerary. An S2 was about $325pppd, with $600 OBC. Some of the 10 night cruise were even cheaper pppd. , with $800 OBC. 

mac_tlc

I did a couple of sample booking and noticed the OBC included in the Elevate and Indulge packages are less than they were.

I could swear they were Elevate $200 and Indulge $400 pp.   Now it's saying $150 and $300 with the pricing still $30 and $60 pp/pd.    Am I missing something?

1 minute ago, wrk2cruise said:

I did a couple of sample booking and noticed the OBC included in the Elevate and Indulge packages are less than they were.

I could swear they were Elevate $200 and Indulge $400 pp.   Now it's saying $150 and $300 with the pricing still $30 and $60 pp/pd.    Am I missing something?

No, you are not missing anything.

5 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Celebrity opened Equinox 2022-2023 Caribbean Sailings today.  Our CVP has no idea when other ships will be opened or why they were not included.  We booked our Christmas, New Year's cruise.

We did the same because prices are only going higher, with more cruises being canceled.  It is just smart, IMHO, to book RFD.

I only see a few dates, certainly not all. I see no 12 night. When I try to get prices it will say either "try another date" or "there was a problem" or sold out.  I did get some prices from my TA, but would like to see more dates. I want to book b2bs for Sept.-Oct. '22 and Jan. Feb. '23. Can't see any. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 39august said:

I only see a few dates, certainly not all. I see no 12 night. When I try to get prices it will say either "try another date" or "there was a problem" or sold out.  I did get some prices from my TA, but would like to see more dates. I want to book b2bs for Sept.-Oct. '22 and Jan. Feb. '23. Can't see any. 

It is certainly a strange roll out of cruise dates, and only one ship.  Ours is an 11 night cruise in December 2022.  

I'm a little disappointed that they have eliminated the 12 night cruises on the Equinox, the 9/12 night B2B was an attractive combination for a lot of people.  Perhaps we'll see the 9/12 night tips on the Silhouette or Reflection.  Anything but the E-class ships.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

It is certainly a strange roll out of cruise dates, and only one ship.  Ours is an 11 night cruise in December 2022.  

I booked my family for that holiday sailing as well, so thanks again for letting us know yesterday that Equinox's 2022/23 Caribbean itineraries have been released (well, some of them).  We booked one of the FV cabins which will likely be our last time in one as that category's days are numbered.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Maybe the FV will be upgraded to a suite by the time we sail.

Good thought.  However we like the FV with its 2nd bedroom and I think that bedroom disappears when the FV is converted into a suite.

BTW, I attended Upper St. Clair High School back in the late 70's.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 10:38 AM, CHEZMARYLOU said:

We are paying less for an 11 day holiday cruise than we are for 10 days on Silhouette.  The Silhouette was recently booked so we are probably paying more than if we had booked it when it was 1st available.  It's also a Refundable Deposit vs NRD on Equinox since we moved another booking that was NR.

I just booked that cruise as well.  Got a corner aft S1 for 2/3rds the price per night as a January 2022 voyage in the same room.  S2 was only $1000 more than AQ.  For a holiday sailing I found it very reasonable.  Thanks to the OP for the alert that the schedule was out. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, marieps said:

I just booked that cruise as well.  Got a corner aft S1 for 2/3rds the price per night as a January 2022 voyage in the same room.  S2 was only $1000 more than AQ.  For a holiday sailing I found it very reasonable.  Thanks to the OP for the alert that the schedule was out. 

Perhaps the prices on the new releases will be more reasonable without the cruises being booked with lower prices from the L&S program. (Not eligible at this point).  Some of current previously available cruise prices are absurd causing a lot of bad feelings.  

On 1/7/2021 at 8:28 PM, Cruise Wonderland said:

Has Celebrity always had year-round Caribbean cruises? I don't remember these in the past. I don't think I'd book a cruise sailing in the worst part of hurricane season (August, September, early October) except possibly for the ABC islands since they are out of the hurricane zone. Of course you still have to be able to depart from Fort Lauderdale, weather permitting. We are currently booked on the Equinox for late November 2021 to the ABC islands and Grand Cayman. I hope we can get vaccinated before final payment is due in August and that the cruise isn't canceled. The way the vaccination rollout is going it seems far from certain. And with the vaccine mutating I'm even less sure about things.  

Here are all the itineraries:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/Deployment/CEL_Wonder_Returns_Equinox_Apr22-Apr23_Caribbean_Deployment.pdf

image.thumb.png.295970d67e95ac157ca49bb3d785bc42.png

Edited by MarkWiltonM
clarity

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

Perhaps the prices on the new releases will be more reasonable without the cruises being booked with lower prices from the L&S program. (Not eligible at this point).  Some of current previously available cruise prices are absurd causing a lot of bad feelings.  

I agree.  I would never pay those prices, which is why we've migrated to Oceania, but for this last Equinox voyage.