Beverage Refreshment Package Sale

I just booked the Allure for 01/22/2022 and want to purchase the Refreshment Beverage package. I am a solo sailor and must pay the full amount for my cabin as they charge a single supplement (i.e. 2 in a cabin costs 3000.00 or 1500.00 each.  I must pay the whole 3000.00.)  So, I need to save money where I can.  Right now it is 30.00 a day. Please let me know if you find it on sale for a less amount.  I will be also checking for it.  Thanks. 

I never purchase the refreshments package so I have no idea what a good price is for it....but I believe that the prices on all of the drinks packages just went up today....so I would probably hold off and see if the price goes down during the next "sale".  Of course, you could always purchase it now and cancel and rebook at the lower price, should it go on "sale" down the road.

• Thanks 1

Typical prices on Allure are around $50 and anything in the $40s is considered a great price.  My current Allure bookings show $53/day.  If you ever see a lower price you can always cancel and rebook it (although credit card will take a few days for cancelled amount to show up).  Correction - just jumped to $71.

Edited by LeeW
more
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ASolosailer said:

I just booked the Allure for 01/22/2022 and want to purchase the Refreshment Beverage package. I am a solo sailor and must pay the full amount for my cabin as they charge a single supplement (i.e. 2 in a cabin costs 3000.00 or 1500.00 each.  I must pay the whole 3000.00.)  So, I need to save money where I can.  Right now it is 30.00 a day. Please let me know if you find it on sale for a less amount.  I will be also checking for it.  Thanks. 

That’s a good price, I would get it and if you see it cheaper just cancel and buy it at the cheaper price.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ASolosailer said:

If it is the non-alcohol Refreshment Beverage package, I have seen it on sale for $20.  Only once a few years ago did I see it for less, I think it was $19.  So I would wait for the next round of Sales. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LeeW said:

Typical prices on Allure are around $50 and anything in the $40s is considered a great price.  My current Allure bookings show $53/day.  If you ever see a lower price you can always cancel and rebook it (although credit card will take a few days for cancelled amount to show up).

This is for the non-alcoholic package; water, soda, coffee, juice. the deluxe alcohol pkg is 67.00. I think the non-alcohol should be 20-25.  I may try your suggestion of buying it now and then cancel and buy if it goes lower. I hope that will work.  thanks

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ASolosailer said:

I just check the Princess website and their same package is currently 19.99.  I will wait a bit as Royal should match it soon.(Hopefully)

I cruise solo too and have found quite a few less than double prices. They arent always double. I saw some shorter cruises just last night not double. Someone posted a cruise he booked last night to the thread on the liberrty deal, though he booked brillance solo. Saw a few this fall myself when i checked 4 and 5 days, even alaska at less than double. At least you get extra pts for solo on rcl.

30.00 sounds like full price to me, they start a new sale every 2 weeks. Easy to find it for less. I like the mocktails myself. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ASolosailer said:

Thank you for the info. I usually sail of Princess or Royal. I want to try Holland. If you can give me any hints on finding lower single fares, I would appreciate it. 🙂

Idk there is a good way of finding good solo rates, but 6 of my 8 rcl bookings are at less than 200%, the last 2 are at double. My hump balcony coming up april 25th is my best balcony price, I think 884 including taxes and fees, I hate to lose it but already have a b2b march to april 2022 so cant lift and shift it without cancelling my corner aft. 

I went thru several last night and agree the deals right now not great. For instance sept 19 2022 alaska out of seattle 903 inside before taxes, the price pp is 619, so it's obviously less than 200%. I got 5 or 6 more I wrote down, 4 and 5 days, but I'm kinda booked up and cant book more without cancelling something.  

I also watch prices pretty closely. 

• Thanks 1

I would wait on buying the refreshment package, $30 is high.  $18-20 would be a good price for it these days.  You can buy it and then cancel it if you see it at a lower price.  I would wait for a welcome back to cruising sale or even black Friday, you have time. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That’s a good price, I would get it and if you see it cheaper just cancel and buy it at the cheaper price.

Thst is a terrible price. He is talking about the refreshment package not the deluxe drink package. Something around $18 would be a good price.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Thst is a terrible price. He is talking about the refreshment package not the deluxe drink package. Something around $18 would be a good price.

Yes I realise that,at first I thought it was the booze package.

But I would buy it,who knows what the prices will be in the future.

As I said they can cancel it if it comes up cheaper.

• Thanks 1

I have gotten the RP a couple of times lately for $18.  It usually sits at either $26 or $30 depending on the ship normally.  Your cruise is a long way out.  Just wait for the sales to start before you buy.  People often say buy now and cancel and rebuy if it goes down but in your case I'd just wait.  It will only go down from where it is now.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just as an FYI... on some other thread somewhere, they mentioned a "big sale" that starts tomorrow.  You might want to check again then?  Also, what I do for anything I think I might want (specialty dinners, drink packages, excursions, etc), I book right a way, and cancel/rebook if prices go down, and cancel if I decide I don't really want it.  I've had the best luck for deals on black friday and cyber Monday

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Just as an FYI... on some other thread somewhere, they mentioned a "big sale" that starts tomorrow.  You might want to check again then?  Also, what I do for anything I think I might want (specialty dinners, drink packages, excursions, etc), I book right a way, and cancel/rebook if prices go down, and cancel if I decide I don't really want it.  I've had the best luck for deals on black friday and cyber Monday

I just purchased the refreshment package, $20/day and surf & stream, $11.49/day for my 12/2021 sailing on Harmony

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2021 at 2:30 PM, ASolosailer said:

I just check the Princess website and their same package is currently 19.99.  I will wait a bit as Royal should match it soon.(Hopefully)

I’ve never heard of Royal “matching” any competitor’s packages. The two are really quite different.  

in my opinion, you are way too far out from your sailing to be finding any good deals. 

15 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

The Refreshment package is back to $20 today! This is the best I've ever seen it except for Black Friday.

It's on sale for my fall 2021 cruises too.  But for my 2022 cruises, the prices are still ridiculously high.  

Just now, rockmom said:

It's on sale for my fall 2021 cruises too.  But for my 2022 cruises, the prices are still ridiculously high.  

The sales are not on all cruises at all times. Keep looking, it will go down.I will keep checking mine right up to the cruise!

On 1/8/2021 at 6:42 PM, Tree_skier said:

I have gotten the RP a couple of times lately for $18.  It usually sits at either $26 or $30 depending on the ship normally.  Your cruise is a long way out.  Just wait for the sales to start before you buy.  People often say buy now and cancel and rebuy if it goes down but in your case I'd just wait.  It will only go down from where it is now.  

Refreshment pkg 20 for dec 12.

On 1/8/2021 at 12:10 PM, RFerrington said:

I never purchase the refreshments package so I have no idea what a good price is for it....but I believe that the prices on all of the drinks packages just went up today....so I would probably hold off and see if the price goes down during the next "sale".  Of course, you could always purchase it now and cancel and rebook at the lower price, should it go on "sale" down the road.

Did you check today. We have a B2B in Oct. First leg the refreshment package is $22, second leg the package is $20. This is on Harmony and before the 18%. happy cruising