I wonder if this will affect Cruise pricing.

1 minute ago, RFerrington said:

The base price on our new build just went up another $2K.  Now up $10K since we signed the contract in October.   Prices are also up on all of the upgrades.  Glad we acted when we did.

On our build, lumber pricing was going up $5k every two to three weeks. We locked in. Unfortunately, they say appliances continue to rise and we are waiting on our design center appointment. 

45 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

That is going to upset a few members of CC.  He better tread lightly or the keyboard police are going to cancel him.  

I personally enjoy the creative ways NY politics can be worked into almost any topic. 😆😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I personally enjoy the creative ways NY politics can be worked into almost any topic. 😆😇

That’s good. Actually, really good. Got a good laugh. It’s not hard, we see them on all media channels nearly every day. Except where Fredo resides, the media doesn’t seem to care too much for them either. They don’t even get along with each other. Only people who defend them seem to be NY’ers. 

M8

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

Don't worry, all the people and the businesses are coming back. Gov. Cuomo is going to put on an Amy Schumer and Chris Rock concert.  Watch NYC roar back to life.

"New York Governor Andrew Cuomo (D) claims that he will bring back the state’s economy through concerts and performances from high-profile celebrities such as actor-comedians Amy Schumer and Chris Rock, and actor Hugh Jackman.

Governor Cuomo said that New York needs to transition its economy to “the post-COVID world” during his State of the State address on Tuesday, adding “almost no one has been hurt more by COVID than our artists,” and that part of his plan will be to “bring the arts back.”

“2021 will be a year of continued challenges, transformation, and change,” said Cuomo. “We will need to adjust to the new social and economic realities of the post COVID world. There is a real opportunity for the places and the people who best and most quickly adapt to the post COVID economy.”

“We must accelerate the return of the arts,” said Cuomo of his plans to bring back New York City’s economy. “Cities are, by definition, centers of energy, entertainment, theatre, and cuisine. Without that activity and attraction, cities lose much of their appeal.”"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On our build, lumber pricing was going up $5k every two to three weeks. We locked in. Unfortunately, they say appliances continue to rise and we are waiting on our design center appointment. 

This year I had to buy a stove and washing machine. I had to wait months for them to be in stock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Ocean front always a great investment 

Generally a very finite resource. Dubai might be the exception 

Because of Hurricanes, flooding , high insurance rates and global warming- I wouldn't even consider ocean front.  I do not believe a great investment.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Because of Hurricanes, flooding , high insurance rates and global warming- I wouldn't even consider ocean front.  I do not believe a great investment.

I guess everyone has an opinion😇

Pluses outweigh a few potential inconveniences 😉

20201121_173909.thumb.jpg.d85c8311a1d91fca9677b2d84ac69e57.jpg

20201002_201232.thumb.jpg.1c5dae52e01719fd627db850e8200a67.jpg

20200104_113749.thumb.jpg.1b20c02ceb43ceb702137aea823335a9.jpg

IMG_20191122_131829_310.thumb.jpg.00f38a83d4db06002b2f45cf64a9a863.jpg

IMG_20190920_163846_046.thumb.jpg.cd2f1e274a494636fd2e1acca727e162.jpg

Oops

IMG_20190902_101154_464.thumb.jpg.793bf6d6ea501523439648c454618640.jpg

IMG_20191125_181224_181.thumb.jpg.b310d59c75011a1362959ee8c6709e12.jpg

IMG_20190206_161934_045.thumb.jpg.6503abe0213097cdb7d17c758212a23b.jpg

20200609_092318.thumb.jpg.dab30862bc83477ee6b4598d8cba477b.jpg

20180810_130529.thumb.jpg.cb35bde995d698602f0820038d86726b.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Home prices have increased in every state due to low inventory, multiple bids driving up the prices and extremely low mortgage rates.   IMO, I dont see that impacting cruise fare.   Cruiselines and travel industry as a whole will have to walk the fine line of offering great deals to get people back.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Home prices have increased in every state due to low inventory, multiple bids driving up the prices and extremely low mortgage rates.   IMO, I dont see that impacting cruise fare.   Cruiselines and travel industry as a whole will have to walk the fine line of offering great deals to get people back.

I think the Bloomberg article implied that the “Wall Street” money people were coming to Florida. High end cars are in demand. Maybe they will spend their dollars on luxury cars and expensive property and have no demand for cruising. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder if hurricanes affect cruise pricing?

Hurricanes just like any other force majeure circumstances does not really affect the prices. There is  simply no cruisng at that time lol. CorovaVirus - this is what effecting prices right now.. just as well as the demand   

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think the Bloomberg article implied that the “Wall Street” money people were coming to Florida. High end cars are in demand. Maybe they will spend their dollars on luxury cars and expensive property and have no demand for cruising. 

Imo the wall street people who buy high end homes and cars will either buy or rent their own luxury yachts.   I can see marina's thriving.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Imo the wall street people who buy high end homes and cars will either buy or rent their own luxury yachts.   I can see marina's thriving.

Cruising has never been a thing for that very rich people. Rich people have their own yachts and boats and servants. Cruising is one of those things that once was forbidden to a good Half of the population. But now all of us can enjoy this type of luxury leisure 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually I agree with john and have been looking for a ocean front condo. Few and far between. Even if you dont want one there will always be some of us who do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:13 AM, firefly333 said:

Actually I agree with john and have been looking for a ocean front condo. Few and far between. Even if you dont want one there will always be some of us who do.

We have great ocean views. About 200 yds and great views from most rooms. If the seas rise it will be our kids problem.  Sorry, but nothing beats watching whales from your bedroom. 

• Like 1