Celebrity Silhouette - concierge class - benefits/ making the most of concierge.

mashisback

9 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

The bag went away some time ago.  Probably just in time.  I have a closet full of them!  Didn't particularly care for the new version anyway.

I remember having 2 bags on our first concierge cabin. My friend took one home the other I left in the cabin. Yes, too many bags. 

I booked Concierge when the cost difference was minimal to get to the next CC level sooner.  I reached Elite + on my last cruise (December 2019) but have not able to take advantage of it, I will only book Concierge if the cost is minimal.  Doubtful I will reach Zenith.  On my 2022 Silhouette booking Concierge is less than Veranda.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gfkcruiser said:

On my 2022 Silhouette booking Concierge is less than Veranda.  

That was the case on our last booked cruise. We also had gratuities included when sailing from Southampton, but of course we couldn’t go due to COVID.

On 1/28/2021 at 11:48 AM, Saturngrl said:

I love Concierge!  Benefits for me: 

1.  Dedicated check in line, pre-embarkation lounge and earlier embarkation based upon status/class

2.  Embarkation lunch in the MDR.  Granted the menu is limited, but it's so nice to set your carry-on bag down in a safe area to be waited upon without the buffet crowds.

3.  Welcome bottle of wine/bubbly and green apples in your stateroom.

4.  Desirable cabin locations on quieter decks.

5.  The Concierge is very helpful when needed. 

6.  Sometimes the ship will host a Concierge-only event.   We were welcomed to sailaway with free sparkling wine on the helipad when we sailed out of Bermuda on one of our cruises. 

7.  Extra Captain's Club points.

8. The pre-disembarkation lounge with coffee/tea and pastries.   It's a nice place to wait to disembark, again away from the crowds. 

Hope this helps! 

Some of these may not apply when cruises resume. There may be some type of staggered  boarding with enforced  time slots, possible change to the luncheon and disembarkation procedures. No one really knows.

Extra points and special events might be worth it . Also on M class ships, there are larger cabins ( and used to have more  shelves in the cubbies).

Lately, we noticed that Con Class guests have had had better attention than AQ Class guests...guess they had to beef things up in CC..so AQ guests lost out!

Btw the Concierge will assist  anyone.

We booked Concierge on Edge for our last cruise, only because the price difference compared to standard IV was very small and it was a much better location.

Priority embarkation was nice, but we still missed the MDR lunch due to transfer delays from the airport.

Afternoon canapes were OK, but we often got back so late they had already been taken away.

Bottle of bubbles was OK, but I had to drink it all since my wife is not a fan. 🤪

We were invited to a Concierge only sailaway at the front by the spa. Shame it was late in the cruise because we met some really nice people.

Binoculars were useless. Umbrella very useful for a very rainy excursion to Florence and Pisa.

Couldn't find any use for the concierge staff, and their office was always really busy when we passed.

16 hours ago, stevenmary said:

Couldn't find any use for the concierge staff, and their office was always really busy when we passed.

Waited in line for more than 15 minutes for concierge to print my boarding pass.  Then a lady who had already been served returns with some paperwork and decides to go in front of me to take up more time. Well that did not happen. Have to agree concierge is pretty useless.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

We had the BEST experience in Montenegro as a CC perk. We got to go out on the helipad to view the fjords as the ship slowly sailed through to Kotor. It’s one of my family’s finest memories! We were up close! Plus it was 8:30am and we got unlimited mimosas!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruiseFamily18 said:

We had the BEST experience in Montenegro as a CC perk. We got to go out on the helipad to view the fjords as the ship slowly sailed through to Kotor. It’s one of my family’s finest memories! We were up close! Plus it was 8:30am and we got unlimited mimosas!

That however is not a guaranteed perk of Concierge, more of a courtesy may or my not be there next time

We book Concierge Class for the locations. It's usually not much more than the next level down veranda class. We don't care for the bubbly or the afternoon canapes. They seem to be trying to make CC worth more by having a dedicated Concierge office on ships now. Not sure exactly how much the can do but it may be faster than going to guest services for some things if there's a line at guest services. We went to a sail-away for CC on our last cruise which was kind of fun. But if not for the location we wouldn't bother.

• Like 3

We've been in Concierge Class for several cruises and are booked in a CC cabin again in January. The perks are modest but nice. I noticied it's now $200 per person for an upgrade from veranda to concierge on our upcoming cruise, but when we booked a couple of months ago it was only $75 per person more so worth it for us. One perk that people don't mention is that you do get priority seating in the MDR if you have select dining. Several times, even though we had a reservation, there were people waiting to get in and we have been taken to the front of the line.

The opportunity for the sail away on the helipad was a huge treat for us since we don't do suites and don't get a lot of perks. And people can poo-poo the embarkation lunch, but it is so nice to not have to fight for space at the buffet. The food is plain but decent, and it's a good place to wait until the rooms are opened.

However, all bets are off as to how this is all going to work with the new procedures.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

And people can poo-poo the embarkation lunch, but it is so nice to not have to fight for space at the buffet. The food is plain but decent, and it's a good place to wait until the rooms are opened.

When Bistro on 5 still existed, it was our go to location for lunch on embarkation day. While the food at the Concierge lunch isn't as varied or tasty, I agree that it's a nice relaxed place to dine while waiting for your cabin.

My only concern now, with the designated check-in times, is whether those in Concierge cabins will be assigned times enabling them to make it to lunch. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, lorimay said:

The opportunity for the sail away on the helipad was a huge treat for us since we don't do suites and don't get a lot of perks. And people can poo-poo the embarkation lunch, but it is so nice to not have to fight for space at the buffet. The food is plain but decent, and it's a good place to wait until the rooms are opened.

We loved the Embarkation lunch and the beef short ribs were so delicious and tender.  I took a friend on this cruise and we had a great CC room mid ship on deck 11.  She has never been spoiled or treated to anything and was like a kid in a candyshop. It was an experience of a lifetime for her. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lorimay said:

We've been in Concierge Class for several cruises. One perk that people don't mention is that you do get priority seating in the MDR if you have select dining. Several times, even though we had a reservation, there were people waiting to get in and we have been taken to the front of the line.

I've sailed in concierge class many times.  NEVER have I been moved to the front of the line for select dining.  How do they know who in line is in concierge class???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I've sailed in concierge class many times.  NEVER have I been moved to the front of the line for select dining.  How do they know who in line is in concierge class???

It's marked on your card and also it's in the computer they look into at the host station. And I know it's because of the concierge class cabin, because we aren't elite or any high level.

19 hours ago, lorimay said:

One perk that people don't mention is that you do get priority seating in the MDR if you have select dining. Several times, even though we had a reservation, there were people waiting to get in and we have been taken to the front of the line.

We’ve sailed CC a number of times, and have never heard of priority seating in the MDR being a perk of CC if you have Select dining, nor have we received it.  We have been moved out of the line when we have reservations, which is what I suspect is what you are describing.

19 hours ago, lorimay said:

The sailaway opportunity is fun and we’ve enjoyed it, but it’s totally at the discretion of the Cruise Director, and not a perk of CC, meaning that folks shouldn’t count on it.  I agree with you about the embarkation day lunch — nice to have a quiet place to sit down and eat until the staterooms are ready. 

3 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

It's marked on your card and also it's in the computer they look into at the host station. And I know it's because of the concierge class cabin, because we aren't elite or any high level.

@lorimay, are you saying that when you arrive at the MDR and there's a lineup of 15 couples ahead of you, someone will take you to the front of the line? Or are you saying that once you reach the host station, rather than being put on a wait list, you are given the next available table?

Our experience was that when we went to the station we were given the next available table. The host mentioned it was because we were concierge. When you think about it, the suites all go to Luminae, the Aquas to Blu, and that leaves concierge and regular cabins in the MDR. It may not happen on all ships, but it happened to us on Summit in 2019. We never had to wait.

Just now, lorimay said:

Our experience was that when we went to the station we were given the next available table. The host mentioned it was because we were concierge. When you think about it, the suites all go to Luminae, the Aquas to Blu, and that leaves concierge and regular cabins in the MDR. It may not happen on all ships, but it happened to us on Summit in 2019. We never had to wait.

Ah, that's what I wondered. The wording of your initial post left the impression that you were taken to the head of the line waiting to get to the station. Thanks for clearing it up.

22 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We have been invited to the helipad as Elite passengers.

Sometimes it's who they take a shine to....you may have been extra nice to a server or steward...seems to be across the board who will be invited to the sail away (agree Suites have the upper hand).  Had the opportunity a few times, as a suite guest and concierge also.  Venice sail away was especially fantastic.  Must have been DH who was the 'extra nice' person....LOL.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, lorimay said:

I understand it is on your card.  I also understand that they see it at the host station.  However, by the time you reach the host station, you have not been pulled out of line--you are now first in line.  I stand by my statement.

• 1 month later...
On 6/22/2021 at 6:49 PM, Fouremco said:

When Bistro on 5 still existed, it was our go to location for lunch on embarkation day. While the food at the Concierge lunch isn't as varied or tasty,

We also went to Bistro on Five ( $ 5.00 per person ?? ) and avoided the " Slugfest on 14 "-- But, since it no longer exists, we enjoy lunch at the Spa Café.

Not to be negative, but, the Concierge Class really didn't justify the extra price.

Pinboy has no patience to stand in line for 84 minutes for the Concierge to tell me " Sorry 'bout that , but , the XXX Specialty Restaurant is booked " , or  , " I'll look into XXX and get back to you  ".

I prefer to take care of things myself.

We've been on so many cruises-- can't remember ever having a bad time or poor service -- oops, except the time our waiter forgot my 3rd shrimp cocktail --

LOL-----Being a " good sport ", I didn't even go to GR and remove the Gratuities. 

• Haha 1