The Daily for Saturday Feb 6, 2021

richwmn

today is Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day, International Frozen Yogurt Day, and Pay A Compliment Day

The man who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd.  The man who walks alone is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been.
        -- Alan Ashley-Pitt

Meal suggestion for today - Sausage Manicotti

Drink of the Day - Pink Hawaiian Mojito

Wine of the day - Line 39 Lake County Cabernet Sauvignon - California - Red

at Sea Pacific
Koningsdam
Nieuw Amsterdam
Noordam

Port Everglades Anchorage
Nieuw Statendam

Long Beach
Westerdam

San Diego Anchorage
Zuiderdam

Torquay
Eurodam
Oosterdam
Volendam
Zaandam

0206PEV.thumb.png.f7d9e8991e54ccc87c2c3528d38bc888.png

0206Pac.thumb.png.29d2287a953c9f4391a9c98bb04124f3.png

0206Tor.thumb.png.c4a4ee044c5530b3f4428d7f78914a98.png

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for the Daily, Rich, and a very tasty one.  Both Frozen Yogurt and Ice Cream.  I'll take ice cream every day but the only time I have it for breakfast is when I know I won;t be able  to get it later in the day.  You certainly deserve all the compliments we can pay you, and also to all the great people who post here.  I love both the quote and the meal.  My alternative is Pineapple Boat and Herb Crusted Rack of Lamb with Mint Basil Pesto, as served on MS Zaandam February 6, 2012.  That may have also been an ice cream for breakfast as she was in Southeast Asia and the Super Bowl came during the breakfast so there may have been some among the early morning goodies for game watchers.

Today's care list:

Mrs Vmax undergoing radiation treatment

Caregiver Gsel and her DH battling Alzheimers

RIP Christopher Plummer

HAL (and other crews)

and Krazy Kruisers and Joe

Today's Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Teachers, school workers and at home surrogates

Front Line Health Care Workers

NextOne DH finished with radiation treatments

Excellent news on Sharon’s mother

New Statendam in Port Everglades

and Sabine, HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

Good morning Rich.  Love ice cream, even for breakfast.  Frozen Yogurt is good too and I try to pay compliments where needed.  I really like the quote.  The meal sounds wonderful, will file that for another day.  Off to get our second jab this morning.  Will breath a sigh of relief.

Prayers and virtual hugs for all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Pink Hawaiian Mojito:

The Recipe
1 oz. White Rum
1 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Cream of Coconut
1 oz. Grenadine
Pineapple Juice
Cherries, Pineapple Slices and cute Tropical Umbrellas for garnish (optional)
Combine the rum, triple sec, cream of coconut and grenadine in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Give it a good shake to mix and chill all the ingredients.
Pour into a hurricane glass, top off with pineapple juice.
Garnish your glass with a cherry and a pineapple wedge if desired. Don’t forget the paper umbrella! Every tropical drink needs a paper umbrella.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 6.47.47 AM.png

• Like 25

Good morning, another cold one here.  Snow squalls in the forecast.

It's too cold for me for ice cream at this time of the day, maybe later with a bit of hot fudge sauce on it.  Frozen yogurt is good too.  Love the quote.

You're doing a great job with this Daily Report Rich, I appreciate all the hard work you do.  Love the maps too.

Interesting meal suggestion.

@summer slopeThat drink looks fabulous, thanks.

Sending prayers to everyone on the care list.

Stay safe.

• Like 20

Good morning to all the Dailyites, the ones already here this morning and ones yet to come.

I love the drink recipes, but I never do mixed drinks at home, I save those for cruising when a friendly bartender can make me one.

Ice cream for breakfast-maybe not this week. It’s fixing to get very cold here. This has never happened before, but our water company has sent me a text, an email and called me on both landline and cell to tell me to protect my waterlines in our upcoming cold snap. Probably a combination of latest technology and unusually low temperatures for us. Last I looked we may get to -4, but they keep changing it. Plus now we have a winter weather advisory for today for a couple of inches of snow. My dog and I are cuddling under an afghan, but now I think I need another layer-brrr.  Cuddling is what Fritz does best.

Stay warm, stay healthy! 

St Louis Sal

0D9ADAB2-DC99-4E6C-9CE8-EC3BF3F218F7.jpeg

• Like 27

Thank you for yet another wonderful Daily, Rich! You really have created a wonderful, supportive and fun community for us all to visit & share smiles, news, and even sad occasions with each other.  Your creativity has become our reality!

My compliments to all the Dailyites who keep this a supportive & caring place. ❤️ A fun combo of days, though I do not have any ice cream or frozen yogurt in the house.  I might have to have a very late breakfast tonight. 😉

The meal sounds delicious & Summer that drink is gorgeous! Hope all goes well with you second jab. I keep hearing that folk have more flu like symptoms after the second dose. Tylenol/acetaminophen seems to help with the aches.  The meal sounds yummy. And that quote is very profound. 

Roy thank you for keeping our lists. I love how small the first list is! 
Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating!

Stay well everyone!

This Cab has very good ratings, and a price that makes it an easy one to add to your list. Lots of online distributors with prices starting at  $8.99. You might be able to find it for a lower price!

Winemaker Notes

Our Cabernet Sauvignon exhibits rich fruit flavors of currant, blackberry and ripe plum with hints of black tea on the palate. The wine finishes with subtle, smooth tannin's that don’t overpower this easy-to-drink Cab.

Rating:88
Violet color. Aromas and flavors of plum butter, pomegranate, mixed berry jam, charred oak, and chocolate-covered figs with a slightly chewy, bright, dry-yet-fruity medium body and a smooth, easy finish with notes of baking spices and black tea with medium tannins and moderate oak flavor. A solid California cab that delivers the fruit and oak you crave.

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone.

Hey, I'm all for ice cream for breakfast and I admit I have done it.  I was under duress.  Really!  What a great day between the ice cream, yogurt, and compliments.  Dish those compliments out!   We all feel better for it.  

Today"s dinner looks really good, but it is a bit carby for me.  Maybe for a special occasion.  

https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/sausage-manicotti/

Off to a Zoom meeting.  This will probably last all morning.  

exps33232_FM153592B03_18_2b.jpg

• Like 20

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

A person could get fat with two of these days.  Thankfully, it’s too cold for ice cream or frozen yogurt so I can avoid temptation 😉  

So important to remember to compliment and thank people.  I’ll start my day with my compliments to Rich for the Daily, Roy for the Care and Celebratory list, summer slope & cat shepherd for the daily drink and wine descriptions and for all of you who contribute to this thread to make it a fun place to come every day.

I absolutely love that quote by Ashley-Pitt.  Words to live by.

The meal sounds good but DH threw me for a loop last night and said he wanted some of the leftover lasagna.   So, tonight will be the prime rib that I thought we were going to have last night.

@summer slopecongrats on the 2nd shot.  Hope all goes well.

The news has been depressing for those hoping to travel so I’ve been practicing my coping skills and prayer:

AED04534-A51B-4371-87AD-74F4EC5DD1DD.jpeg.7e2f36e0666579895da24595004916ae.jpeg

I definitely want to find and follow this truck:

78705D14-6B65-4B85-BCB6-159983B2E8F6.thumb.jpeg.797eb49276bc73f28a7cbe78702800b6.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list (so nice to has shrunk) & for those that need them and a toast to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

• Like 29
  • Haha 2

Thanks for the daily...

Can't do yogurt but would do ice cream if I had some.  Shepherd's Pie for dinner.

Gotta check out early as we just scored 400 doses of Moderna so will open clinic at our hospital for first timers.  They anticipate we can give them all by 5 PM today.  There is also a big clinic across the street at our Civic Center for previously scheduled 2nd injections.  Gonna be a busy day.

Wishing good health to all...

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, kazu said:

Thanks for the Daily, Rich and our morning smile 😄 

A person could get fat with two of these days.  Thankfully, it’s too cold for ice cream or frozen yogurt so I can avoid temptation 😉  

So important to remember to compliment and thank people.  I’ll start my day with my compliments to Rich for the Daily, Roy for the Care and Celebratory list, summer slope & cat shepherd for the daily drink and wine descriptions and for all of you who contribute to this thread to make it a fun place to come every day.

I absolutely love that quote by Ashley-Pitt.  Words to live by.

The meal sounds good but DH threw me for a loop last night and said he wanted some of the leftover lasagna.   So, tonight will be the prime rib that I thought we were going to have last night.

@summer slopecongrats on the 2nd shot.  Hope all goes well.

The news has been depressing for those hoping to travel so I’ve been practicing my coping skills and prayer:

AED04534-A51B-4371-87AD-74F4EC5DD1DD.jpeg.7e2f36e0666579895da24595004916ae.jpeg

I definitely want to find and follow this truck:

78705D14-6B65-4B85-BCB6-159983B2E8F6.thumb.jpeg.797eb49276bc73f28a7cbe78702800b6.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on Roy’s Care list (so nice to has shrunk) & for those that need them and a toast to everyone on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday everyone!!  Stay safe and please don’t forget your masks 😷 

Ah, we missed our chance! Wine tanker spilled all over the 401 near Milton Ontario yesterday.  Looks like a lot of red wine lost. (Minor injuries only)

B7CF7F2C-FE73-411F-BBB2-1B9D819BA025.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Daily!  My compliments to all who make this such a welcoming and enjoyable place to visit every day!  Ice cream for breakfast isn't really a stretch; one of our local restaurants (of which we haven't had the opportunity to visit in over a year) has "fruity iced oats" on their menu.  It's a bowl of oatmeal with a scoop of ice cream and fresh fruit of your choice on top.  It really is delicious - I have some instant oatmeal in the cupboard that I might make up my own version of this for breakfast this morning.

We had the cable guy over yesterday to figure out why our TV was pixilating - he spent nearly 2 hours working in -36C weather outside removing and replacing the cable that was installed when we first moved into our home 38 years ago.  Talk about stamina!  Before he left, after thanking him profusely for his dedication to his job, I gave him a bag full of masks for his family and DH tucked a bill in his pocket as he walked out the door.  He teared up, saying nobody had ever given him a tip before.

Today's menu suggestions will be put on hold, as DH has requested that I make the creamy cheesy chicken dish that was suggested a couple of weeks ago.  It's an easy fix, and served with either rice or noodles and a salad, makes a warming meal on a cold winter's night.  And wine.

Speaking of wine  . . . @superomawhat a tragedy, losing all that lovely liquid!  Glad the injuries to the driver were minor.  I just want to run up to the tank and put a bucket under the stream!

Prayers for everyone who needs them, and even for those who don't think they do.  Toasting all on the celebration list, especially the ones who are fortunate enough to get their first and second jabs!  Be well, stay safe, wash your hands and wear your mask.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

My compliments to everyone on this wonderful, friendly place every day - Rich for the maps, special days and quote; Roy for the lists (SO glad to see the care list smaller than the celebrations!); @summer slopefor the drink recipes; @cat shepardfor the wine information; and EVERYONE ELSE who posts photos, cartoons, and such positive messages every day.  I am so glad I found this and have been reading it multiple times a day...I check in for the early posts, check back around lunchtime and then dinner, and also check it the next morning to see the late posts.  I feel like I know you all and hope we can meet someday on a blue hulled beauty. 

Have a wonderful day, stay warm, keep masking, and pray that this will be over soon!

Laura

• Like 24

Good morning everyone. My compliments to all of you who make this such an inviting place to come to every day. I love love love ice cream and could eat it any time of day but we have none in the house because I love it too much. I also love  frozen yogurt, especially the kind at Bloomingdales 40 carrots restaurants. Since moving from NY we’re not near any Bloomingdales store. 

My NY daughter and her son had the second shot of Moderna yesterday. Grandson is fine, but my daughter is nauseous and in pain. She’s sleeping now so I guess this means she’s building antibodies. 

Forecast tomorrow is for more snow here. We expect 3 inches which I hope we get because less than that and the contractors won’t plow. There really is no place to put any more of that white stuff.

Grandson number 2 is returning from LA tomorrow and hopefully his plane will actually take off and not be cancelled because of snow here. I have found that Jet Blue is the last airline to cancel so fingers crossed.

Its very sunny here today and looks beautiful.We expect it to go to 41 degrees which is almost tropical.

Double mask everyone. 

Carol

• Like 14

53 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

We had the cable guy over yesterday to figure out why our TV was pixilating - he spent nearly 2 hours working in -36C weather outside removing and replacing the cable that was installed when we first moved into our home 38 years ago.  Talk about stamina!  Before he left, after thanking him profusely for his dedication to his job, I gave him a bag full of masks for his family and DH tucked a bill in his pocket as he walked out the door.  He teared up, saying nobody had ever given him a tip before.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Gerry, That was so nice of you and your DH to do that for the cable repairman.  I thought it was cold here this morning and its only about  -6F with a wind chill of -25F.   -36C is definitely cold, that's almost -35F for those of us south of the border, so our weather is warm compared to yours.   It looks like we are both stuck in that Arctic Air plunge for the next week so hopefully we don't all freeze up.  I  hope you both stay warm and stay safe.  

Neil

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bdrcole said:

Here is part 2 of a good news story I posted a couple of months ago.  I thought some folks would like to read about how a good deed has been rewarded.

Hats off to Planters Peanuts.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-man-who-helped-get-stranded-americans-to-alaska-gifted-a-new-car-1.5297388

That’s fabulous!

• Like 5