The Daily for Saturday Feb 6, 2021

richwmn

Let me add my compliments to all who help make this thread a pleasant place to visit! 

I love tomato based baked pasta dishes, but tonight will be a hot dish or pot pie to use up some leftover pork loin. 

Another stop on my walks around London was Hyde Park. Here are some pictures of the Serpentine -

P3290883.thumb.JPG.6dd264c68a05525222a34c28ca074fa0.JPGP3290880.thumb.JPG.55e520cc12d864b020dafb4dc829ee95.JPGP3290884.thumb.JPG.bd56dd115d8cd6e4fb4e67a3e290213c.JPGP3290885.thumb.JPG.f53799189125906a3c4a5de81c6188c2.JPG

• Like 21

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Good Saturday morning!  I love ice cream but not sure it’s a breakfast food.  But then again it does have milk in it......

Ice Cream can be good for any meal. Not only does it have dairy, you can mix it with just about anything. I like to think the picture I have attached is a healthy balanced diet: citrus drink (Mountain Dew), bananas, strawberries, dairy, vanilla beans, cocoa beans. Come to think of it, Banana Splits are kind of like a fruit salad😊

breakfast.jpg

• Like 16
  • Haha 8

Good Morning All!

We have a lovely day here in SoCal. We took delivery of the new dishwasher and are starting to learn how to best load it. The fridge comes next week. That gives DH time to rework the face frame around the refrigerator cabinet. (There’s something about that phrase that makes me think there’s a trip to Rockler in my near future...😬 ). The carpenter who installed our cabinets some 15 years ago kludged the refrigerator opening, and we’re not sure the current refrigerator hasn’t developed a “belly”.....

So I’m planning on spending quality time in our garage sorting, organizing and dumping. I spent 3 days this week sorting screws and other hardware. 🤪Finishing is my February goal. 

And I guess I had better make a gelato to celebrate Ice Cream day. We have lots of milk, so maybe it will be dulce de leche. 

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 17

Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I love ice cream but not for breakfast. The meal suggestion sounds really good, I’m going to tuck it away for a future meal. I haven’t decided yet on tonight’s meal. 

One year ago today I was on my way to San Diego for a women’s retreat. Little did I know that would be my last trip in a really long time. It was a wonderful weekend and I stayed at the beautiful Hotel del Coronado on Coronado. I met 17 wonderful ladies and have stayed in contact with most of them through Zoom and our book club. 

BCE38EB5-FF2B-435B-B902-056DD9BABD86.thumb.jpeg.4d1f521f04208b35e9736b964727a75b.jpeg

F14CD06D-02C6-4F96-A270-A6C6CD7B872B.thumb.jpeg.8853c588b5585dfbdf98850a9ed53335.jpeg

231FFF53-1160-4AB5-B94D-0C2D15E9BDBA.thumb.jpeg.62e51d238052a63ca7784f2d74795fa8.jpeg

And the beautiful beach right out the back of the hotel:

443A10C1-DAEC-4202-A032-11C7EA1BAA66.thumb.jpeg.df1fd708e42444ea1588dc92e33eae56.jpeg

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 25

3 hours ago, kazu said:

So important to remember to compliment and thank people.  I’ll start my day with my compliments to Rich for the Daily, Roy for the Care and Celebratory list, summer slope & cat shepherd for the daily drink and wine descriptions and for all of you who contribute to this thread to make it a fun place to come every day.

AED04534-A51B-4371-87AD-74F4EC5DD1DD.jpeg.7e2f36e0666579895da24595004916ae.jpeg

I definitely want to find and follow this truck:

78705D14-6B65-4B85-BCB6-159983B2E8F6.thumb.jpeg.797eb49276bc73f28a7cbe78702800b6.jpeg

Kazu I agree with everything you have said here and I want to add my compliments to you for maintaining the list of cruisers and we all hope to be able to get a BON VOYAGE sooner rather than later.

I also compliment you on your sense of humor and the posting you make. I look forward to seeing them almost as much as I look for to seeing Rich and Roy's posts.  Thank you for all you do .

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, summer slope said:

Good morning Rich.  Love ice cream, even for breakfast.  Frozen Yogurt is good too and I try to pay compliments where needed.  I really like the quote.  The meal sounds wonderful, will file that for another day.  Off to get our second jab this morning.  Will breath a sigh of relief.

Prayers and virtual hugs for all of us.

Stay safe, social distance, and wear your mask.

Pink Hawaiian Mojito:

The Recipe
1 oz. White Rum
1 oz. Triple Sec
1 oz. Cream of Coconut
1 oz. Grenadine
Pineapple Juice
Cherries, Pineapple Slices and cute Tropical Umbrellas for garnish (optional)
Combine the rum, triple sec, cream of coconut and grenadine in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Give it a good shake to mix and chill all the ingredients.
Pour into a hurricane glass, top off with pineapple juice.
Garnish your glass with a cherry and a pineapple wedge if desired. Don’t forget the paper umbrella! Every tropical drink needs a paper umbrella.

Screen Shot 2021-02-06 at 6.47.47 AM.png

Looks incredible, like the Pink Palace at the .Royal Hawaiian hotel in Waikiki!  I always thought mojitos had mint?  

• Like 5

3 hours ago, bdrcole said:

Here is part 2 of a good news story I posted a couple of months ago.  I thought some folks would like to read about how a good deed has been rewarded.

Hats off to Planters Peanuts.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/b-c-man-who-helped-get-stranded-americans-to-alaska-gifted-a-new-car-1.5297388

Love it!  Complete with more Canadian food😉. What a lovely gesture! 

• Like 8

Good morning, Dailyites!  My compliments to all the contributors who make this a fun thread every day.  We are having leftover shepherd's pie tonight, too.   But the sausage manicotti sounds interesting.  I will save the drink for when we are next in Hawaii...

It rained during the night, but the sun is out now.  No vaccine on our horizon.  It is only coming in in the hundreds of doses now, and we are evidently working on those elderly in assisted living.  80+ year-olds were supposed to start this month, but I think it now looks more like April before we will get ours.  Pre-registration starts in March.  So not much news on that front, our semi-lockdown continues, but numbers are slowly coming down, so there is hope.  

• Like 15

40 minutes ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Good Morning All!

We have a lovely day here in SoCal. We took delivery of the new dishwasher and are starting to learn how to best load it. The fridge comes next week. That gives DH time to rework the face frame around the refrigerator cabinet. (There’s something about that phrase that makes me think there’s a trip to Rockler in my near future...😬 ). The carpenter who installed our cabinets some 15 years ago kludged the refrigerator opening, and we’re not sure the current refrigerator hasn’t developed a “belly”.....

So I’m planning on spending quality time in our garage sorting, organizing and dumping. I spent 3 days this week sorting screws and other hardware. 🤪Finishing is my February goal. 

And I guess I had better make a gelato to celebrate Ice Cream day. We have lots of milk, so maybe it will be dulce de leche. 

This thread is educational every day! Today I learned a new word “kludged”. I admit,mi had to look it up but I like it. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, superoma said:

This thread is educational every day! Today I learned a new word “kludged”. I admit,mi had to look it up but I like it. 

And I thought it was a typo!  I’m glad you reposted because it made me look it up too. Word of the day on the Daily!  

kludge
/klo͞oj/

INFORMAL
verb
past tense: kludged; past participle: kludged
  1. use ill-assorted parts to make (something).
    "Hugh had to kludge something together"
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning.  Really like all the days.  Ice cream is our go to dessert, which we have most days unless I bake.  Like both meal suggestions, but I have a roast thawing for pot roast tonight.  The quote is very true.  The drink of the day looks good, but I think I'll stick to traditional mojitos.

My compliments to Rich for taking the time and effort to keep this thread going, and to Rich for the keeping track of both lists.  And of course, my compliments to all who contribute and make this the place to go each day -- really several times a day. 👍 👏

@Sharon in AZ That was great news last night about your mother. 

@St. Louis Sal Like the picture of Fritz.  Dachshunds make great cuddlers.

@summer slope Glad you got your second jab. 

@superoma The picture of the wine truck is sad.  Glad the driver wasn't hurt badly.  They say don't cry over spilt milk, but I think it's okay to cry over spilt wine..  🍷  I add my compliments and thanks for the nudge to look up kludged.

@ger_77 What a thoughtful thing to do for the the cable guy.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@cat shepardhow are you doing?  Hope all is healing well. 

A few months ago we had a discussion about Canadian food.  I just saw this video of American kids trying Canadian foods,  if you’re interested. 

https://www.facebook.com/FBE/videos/396287214983748/

Adding my thanks to all who make this happen each and every day, and to all who post. Today’s celebrations are all great. 
Ice cream for breakfast is a winner. We’ve even introduced our grandson to this wonderful treat, after he’s had his cereal, of course!  I have a bowl every night after dinner with my cup of tea and onboard our server knows we don’t look at the dessert menu, he just brings me vanilla ice cream and DH the sorbet. 
Loved the video, bennybear, thanks for sharing. 

• Like 11

Good morning all!

My compliments to everyone who contributes to this thread and makes it a happy place. 🙂  

No ice cream for breakfast here, the thought makes me shiver -- but I have been known to have it for lunch on special occasions like the Peanut Buster Parfait for my birthday. 😄  I have to be careful, too much ice cream and my diabetic A1C shows it!

Love the quote, and the dinner looks good too but like @dfishI have to watch my carbs.  And last night was pizza so....

@summer slopecongrats on getting your 2nd jab!!  I have 12 days until mine, cannot wait!!

@cat shepardre taking Tylenol or other pain meds, I have heard that medical professionals are telling people not to take anything unless absolutely necessary.  Maybe @65 Gatorcan chime in on pros and cons?  I've heard it from more than one source, so am wondering if anyone here has heard that too.  

Have a great day everyone, stay safe and healthy!

• Like 11

Good afternoon Dailyites.

I like ice cream and frozen yogurt, but sadly have none on hand; I could make some homemade ice cream though. Compliments to Rich and Roy for our daily Daily and all the posters!

It's sunny, but cold here today, with snow overnight.

@cat shepard I'd read you shouldn't take anti-inflammatory meds like Advil or ibuprophen after your vaccine as it might dampen antibody formation, but that acetaminophen was ok (although the CDC site says talk to your doctor first). Also that you shouldn't take anything prophylactically to prevent symptoms, just if needed. And to try stuff like cool compresses for the sore arm or headache, moving the arm more, drink fluids, rest, etc.

Prayers for the care list and cheers for the celebration list.

Stay safe and mask up! I have 2 medical appointments next week and will definitely double mask. Moderna first shot on Tuesday!

• Like 11

1 hour ago, bennybear said:

Good morning and thanks all!  
@cat shepardhow are you doing?  Hope all is healing well. 

A few months ago we had a discussion about Canadian food.  I just saw this video of American kids trying Canadian foods,  if you’re interested. 

https://www.facebook.com/FBE/videos/396287214983748/

Thanks Brenda. I am fine.

I have tried to be very good. I go to get the sutures removed on Monday. I suspect my pathology report is good, since no one called me to say they needed to take out more. 

I am looking forward to getting back to my normal exercise routine. 

• Like 16

1 minute ago, cat shepard said:

Thanks Brenda. I am fine.

I have tried to be very good. I go to get the sutures removed on Monday. I suspect my pathology report is good, since no one called me to say they needed to take out more. 

I am looking forward to getting back to my normal exercise routine. 

Great to hear! I know that this surgery is a lot more invasive than most skin cancers,  so glad it looks like they got it all!  Cheers!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

@summer slopecongrats on getting your 2nd jab!!  I have 12 days until mine, cannot wait!!

@cat shepardre taking Tylenol or other pain meds, I have heard that medical professionals are telling people not to take anything unless absolutely necessary.  Maybe @65 Gatorcan chime in on pros and cons?  I've heard it from more than one source, so am wondering if anyone here has heard that too.  

Have a great day everyone, stay safe and healthy!

Thanks, I have not heard this. I did hear not to take a “preventative dose” of Tylenol before the injection, because it was thought to lessen the immunity factor. 

Hopefully the medical folk will determine the best course soon. Not only did the nurse who gave me my first jab suggest Tylenol, but the paperwork the County Health Department gave me also suggests it.

Imagine trying to develop a definition of  “absolutely necessary” that would fit the hundreds of millions who will receive the vaccine.

Sigh, we still have a great deal to learn. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 10