If You Could Change Just One Thing?

Lady Arwen

8 hours ago, Loreni said:

Wider promenade decks with lots of full length loungers.

Paper Patter by request only.

I don’t know why, but I always enjoy finding my daily Princess Patter on the bed when we return from dinner and our evening.  I get ready for bed, get my little snack and take it and my Patter to bed and I read every page!  Such a silly routine, but it makes me happy.  Hoping to enjoy it again very soon.

• Like 10

8 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

I don’t know why, but I always enjoy finding my daily Princess Patter on the bed when we return from dinner and our evening.  I get ready for bed, get my little snack and take it and my Patter to bed and I read every page!  Such a silly routine, but it makes me happy.  Hoping to enjoy it again very soon.

wife does the same thing - I find her a 'rom-com' of the tv, she gets the Patter and her yellow-highlighter out ...

• Like 3

Provide a more extensive cabin Room Service menu.  We do breakfast always from Room Service, use to be able to add eggs over easy or scrambled to breakfast order, recently have not been able to do so.  Would also like to see a more extensive dinner menu, some nights we would like to order in.  Especially if we are in port late. 

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 11:11 AM, XBGuy said:

Offer "Specials of the Day" in the specialty restaurants.  I know that every couple of years they swap out one or two menu items in Crown Grill, but, otherwise, the menus are pretty static.   Another of the reasons that we enjoy SHARE is that the menu is regularly revamped.  I have seen Alaska-themed specials in Crown Grill on AK cruises and one time in Sabbatini's, I was offered Osso Bucco (it was terrific). but that has been it.

I know that this is a pretty trivial complaint.  I guess that speaks to my overall satisifaction with the Princess product.

We eat at the Crown Grill a lot, like the static menu.  Have found that if we want something from the MDR or even Sabbatini's if we ask, often staff will accommodate our request.    In fact, Princess responsiveness to special requests is what keeps us coming back to Princess over other lines.  Have cruised ( different lines but the most on Princess. 

• Like 2

Hope Princess reads this thread and implement some suggestions. 
this came to mind recently with the Princess excursions only requirements that may be implemented, atleast temporarily:

space people out on these coaches please 

on the Orkney Island excursion I had second to last row seat on bus couple behind me had back row 3 seats man moved up beside/ on me so his wife could have 3 seats to herself. I had to move so he could fit in to 2 seats. If another seat had not been available I would have got off. It was that bad. Princess, how can this be avoided?

Edited by dog

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'd like to be able to opt out of receiving the art auction junk that's delivered to the cabin. Also the Effy junk mail.

Thrak,

I totally agree with you on this one!! Have one on the Captain 🥃.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Thrak,

I totally agree with you on this one!! Have one on the Captain 🥃.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Already had a few. We took my niece and her husband out for champagne brunch today. It was freaking GREAT!  It's so nice to be able to go places and do things again.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

There must be hundreds and thousands of crossword puzzles online that could be printed off and worked on paper, just like the hardcopy newspaper ones.

That requires me to remember to print them from the printer upstairs before I start my coffee downstairs on my very structured morning schedule. 🙄  Yeah, I'm a PITA.

11 hours ago, voljeep said:

wife does the same thing - I find her a 'rom-com' of the tv, she gets the Patter and her yellow-highlighter out ...

I do the same, but one color for me and one for the hubby. If it's something we're both interested in, I overlap the colors. 

• Like 1

The balconies on Royal class.  Terrible!  Ridiculously small.  I understand there are a few “normal” balconies on newer Royal class ships.  I only took one cruise on the Regal, but the balcony was a true disappointment.

• Like 3

On 3/28/2021 at 8:40 AM, Steelers36 said:

There must be hundreds and thousands of crossword puzzles online that could be printed off and worked on paper, just like the hardcopy newspaper ones.

Princess provides some printed puzzles, next to the box for the Morning Show question. But you're better off bringing a book of puzzles at your skill level.

If you're a puzzle guy, Steelers36, buy at the "dollar" store on Platt north of Victory or that big name bookstore in the Commons.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 7:37 AM, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Remove towels reserving deck chairs on pool deck after half an hour or so.  Sick and tired of going to breakfast and seeing every deck chair reserved with no on in them and a couple of people in the pool.

I've removed towels and when the person comes back I say there was nothing on the chair when I got there 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 99Cruiser said:

I've removed towels and when the person comes back I say there was nothing on the chair when I got there 🙂

Granted, it's only happened to me once, but I said that the person who'd been sitting here gave me the chair when he left.  I think the lie was clever and certainly quickly deescalated the confrontation  --- although it was a struggle to keep from laughing at their flummoxed face.   So, feel free to use my line but try to hold your chortles until the chair hog has oinked his/her way into the distance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Return second chair with arms to balcony rooms or set up a request system on personalizer for those who prefer or need a decent chair to sit in.

Pools should have one set of stairs, not just ladders, for ease of access.  I don't want to be put on a lift when I could manage steps on my own but CANNOT do ladders.

Add a few more hot items to room breakfast menu - like quiche, or eggs of some sort. etc. or smoked salmon.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2021 at 12:00 PM, voljeep said:

enforce the dress 'code' to the MAX in the Traditional fixed time dining rooms

leave anytime dining alone even on 'picture night(s)'

I agree. This is a great solution and should be something everyone could be happy with. Formal night isn’t just about dressing up, there are different menu items, baked Alaska for one! I don’t feel comfortable in an evening gown/cocktail dress but I also wouldn’t wear jeans and a t-shirt. if all who shared the love of the formal wear experience could dine together in a designated area of the dining room they wouldn’t have to see what I am wearing and let it distract them from their experience 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2021 at 12:45 PM, XBGuy said:

Nope, I still have the newspaper delivered every morning.

Eight or nine years ago Mrs. XBGuy's brother and sister convinced her that her life was incomplete because she didn't have an iPad.  She cracked and I accompanied her to Best Buy to get her one.  We were assisted by two sales reps--one from Best Buy and one from Verizon.  My wife spoke, mostly, with the Best Buy guy, and I spoke, mostly, with the Verizon guy.  While I spent 40 years in the tech industry, I am not, particularly, fascinated by tech. I like reading the paper every morning in the coffee shop and doing the crossword puzzle and Kenken--in ink.  The guy I was talking with tried to overcome my objection with, "Well  most coffee shops offer free wi-fi. and, so, you can read anything your want and have access to on-line puzzles."

"Yeah, " I responded, "My coffee shop buddy, who brings his iPad every morning tells me the same thing, but, y'know, there is still one thing that the iPad can't do."

His eyes widened.  He was going to overcome any objection this cranky old guy would have, "What's that?"

"Where do I wipe the bacon grease off my hands?"

The look of disappointment on his face was hilarious.  It was like all the air in him came leaking out.  "I've never heard that complaint, before."

He had nothing.

I have told that story on internet boards in the past, and once somebody came back with "use a napkin."  Well, this guy could not come up with that.

And, Mrs. XBGuy loves her iPad.

Oh, and we both have iPhones.

People also tend to get annoyed if you use their iPads to swat flies

On 3/6/2021 at 9:18 AM, ontheweb said:

Agree of course with enforcing the policy on chair hogs by the pools.

This may seem trivial, but I'd like trivia contests to be individual contests, not team contests.

I’d like to see no cell phones allowed during trivia.

why would someone cheat for a $2 prize? 

• Like 4

On 3/28/2021 at 6:30 AM, Lady Arwen said:

I totally agree, I did the same thing

• Like 1