If You Could Change Just One Thing?

Lady Arwen

55 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

"...no additional elevators." The Grand class carries 2600 passengers, Royal class, 3600 passengers.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer. As I see it, a design issue. But I agree with you. I plan to take the stairs next cruise. I should use them anyway to work off the calories! 

oh I see. I would like to see a crew member in each elevator section to limit numbers in elevators giving priority to those with mobility issues. On my last 2 cruise I had a fractured ankle & injured Achilles and people stuffed the elevator & a woman fell on my foot. On Princess ship. 

13 minutes ago, dog said:

oh I see. I would like to see a crew member in each elevator section to limit numbers in elevators giving priority to those with mobility issues. On my last 2 cruise I had a fractured ankle & injured Achilles and people stuffed the elevator & a woman fell on my foot. On Princess ship. 

Oh, my that must have been awful for you!  I agree that so many people don’t have elevator manners.  We try to use the stairs whenever possible, for that very reason.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mtnesterz said:

"...no additional elevators." The Grand class carries 2600 passengers, Royal class, 3600 passengers.

Sorry if I wasn't clearer. As I see it, a design issue. But I agree with you. I plan to take the stairs next cruise. I should use them anyway to work off the calories! 

I agreed.... but i must say able bodied people who use the elevators to go 1 or 2 floors....

In the evening deck 9 to deck 17, then deck 17 to deck 6... we tend to use the elevator.....  other wise stairs.... unless bringing food back to our cabin

Don

PS  art auctions as ok... as it clears the deck 7 out...   lol 

On 3/12/2021 at 3:02 PM, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Caribill,

You forgot to mention if you want to sit next to your wife and two friends. You have to get to the Princess Theater almost one hour before the show stats. 😳

Tony

You beat me too it.   

We need the disabled seats of which there are never enough. We have to get their the moment they open the doors or we do not get one. 

Also as for the elevator situation, an attendant would be nice as the disabled do often get pushed aside and rude people do not wait their turn. It is worse when I call them out on it and they get nasty or just ignore me!     2nd floor-Ladies hats!!!

• Like 1

Just a comment on elevators, though not really relevant to Princess or cruise ships in general. We did a land trip once that included Paris. One of the places we went was the Palace of Versailles. I was in a walking boot at the time. DW started up an extremely steep and crowded staircase. I yelled at her, telling her there was no way I could climb it. An attendant showed up and said "Monsieur, elevator", and led us to an extremely hidden elevator. To get back down, we had to find another worker there since even after going up on the elevator, we could no longer find it for going back down.

Now I realize that they could not hide the elevators on cruise ships, and even if they could their locations would not stay secret for very long, but it would be nice if they could somehow at least prioritize those passengers who really need them.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

I agreed.... but i must say able bodied people who use the elevators to go 1 or 2 floors....

In the evening deck 9 to deck 17, then deck 17 to deck 6... we tend to use the elevator.....  other wise stairs.... unless bringing food back to our cabin

Don

PS  art auctions as ok... as it clears the deck 7 out...   lol 

It might be nice if they designated one elevator for disabled folks only

• Like 3

3 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

That is a good idea, except the other way around, all but one of the elevators for disabled folks.  That could include people that don't need mobility devices, but can't do stairs.  I truly think that ratio better suits the demographics.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Just a comment on elevators, though not really relevant to Princess or cruise ships in general. We did a land trip once that included Paris. One of the places we went was the Palace of Versailles. I was in a walking boot at the time. DW started up an extremely steep and crowded staircase. I yelled at her, telling her there was no way I could climb it. An attendant showed up and said "Monsieur, elevator", and led us to an extremely hidden elevator. To get back down, we had to find another worker there since even after going up on the elevator, we could no longer find it for going back down.

Now I realize that they could not hide the elevators on cruise ships, and even if they could their locations would not stay secret for very long, but it would be nice if they could somehow at least prioritize those passengers who really need them.

I don't know why cruise ships don't have a handicap elevator.  We book mid ship on the lower decks 8 or 9 so we can walk up and down to our room in the evening. We never use the midship elevators during the day when we want to go to the upper decks.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

Do you really think passengers would follow that rule, or would it be ignored the same as saving deck chairs and theater seats?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, stoneharborlady said:

Princess are obviously aware of the concept because Crown, Ruby and Emerald have a disabled elevator going between the Sun deck and the Sports deck.

As for reserving an elevator for the use of disabled passengers, maybe that's where the Medallion could be useful.

Edited by SinbadThePorter

20 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Princess are obviously aware of the concept because Crown, Ruby and Emerald have a disabled elevator going between the Sun deck and the Sports deck.

As for reserving an elevator for the use of disabled passengers, maybe that's where the Medallion could be useful.

The year I was using a cane we were on the Crown and the Royal and they both had a small elevator servicing the tender area from whichever deck was being used for disembarking the ship.  I presume other ships have the same.  Crew would pull me out of the line.  I greatly appreciated not having to maneuver the narrow stairs with a crowd ahead and behind me and I'm sure they appreciated me not slowing them down.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 3:08 PM, MamaFej said:

The seats with those remind me of the lecture halls in college.

I noticed that it's more fun to place a drink on them than a notebook with lecture notes about Australopithicus fossils in Lower Pleistocene deposits. But maybe that's just me. 

Of topic but have you read Fossil Men ?

5 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Of topic but have you read Fossil Men ?

That doesn't sound familiar. Of course, I haven't given a great deal of thought to my Evolutionary Biology class since I took it back in the late 1980s. 

10 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

With over 200 replies, it doesn't seem like changing "1 thing" is going to help very much...

Could be one.... Start Cruising again.....lol

Cruising is different things to different people.....  Ohh another thought lower the price....lol

Cheers Don

• Like 2

9 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Could be one.... Start Cruising again.....lol

Cruising is different things to different people.....  Ohh another thought lower the price....lol

Hey, one per customer!

220px-SNice.svg.png

When I was a kid, and I'd read those stories about finding a magic lamp, and being granted three wishes...

I always wondered why one simply doesn't wish for more wishes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roberto256 said:

Hey, one per customer!

220px-SNice.svg.png

When I was a kid, and I'd read those stories about finding a magic lamp, and being granted three wishes...

You are not the only one who wondered about that.😊😊

3 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Hey, one per customer!

220px-SNice.svg.png

According to Robin Williams who was the genie in Disney's Aladdin, wishing for more wishes was against the rules. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

According to Robin Williams who was the genie in Disney's Aladdin, wishing for more wishes was against the rules. 

Can you wish for a rule change that would allow more than one wish?😉

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, MamaFej said:

That doesn't sound familiar. Of course, I haven't given a great deal of thought to my Evolutionary Biology class since I took it back in the late 1980s. 

Christmas gift to me, good read on Paleontology and the Men involved in it - probably a bit dry unless you have an interest

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tedferg said:

Christmas gift to me, good read on Paleontology and the Men involved in it - probably a bit dry unless you have an interest

Thanks. And it wasn't an Evolutionary Biology class, it was Biological Anthropology. That certainly does not matter to anyone else, but it popped into my head just as I was trying to sleep last night...trying being the operative word. 

To get back on topic, yet give a nod to this sidebar, I'd make sure that all ships, including new ones, have a library.. 

• Like 2

The libraries have become pitiful. Hardly any books, other than the ones fellow passengers leave. We  still read books and not the Kindles. Then we leave them for others to enjoy. Stock the existing libraries with some newer books would be nice. The best ship library was on the Pacific Princess when we sailed on her in 2013.

We don't sail on the Royal class ships. Are you implying they do not have libraries ?

• Like 2

On 3/7/2021 at 8:24 AM, CruisinCouple2010 said:

Totally agree with this. There seems to be no enforcement of deck chair hogging. 

First Chair Hog to be identified each day gets tossed overboard...will end the practice of chair hogs quickly!!

• Like 4