The Daily for Tuesday Mar 09, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

My tentative schedule for today:

Leave home about 10:30.  I have 2 appointments, one at 12:30 with a surgical team member, and a CT scan at 2:20.  I also need to get some blood drawn.  I should be at the hospital about 11:15 and do the lab work first, then the surgical team, and finally the CT scan.  I will be be stopping for groceries and then at Panera for take out on the way home so it will likely be almost dinner time when I get to post.  I do not expect any dramatic news today but if there is something I will relay a message to Kazu.

Roy

Lots of thoughts and prayers are going out to you today Roy. Will look forward to hearing from you later.

Joy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good Tuesday morning.Cheers and thanks to all who keep this thread going! My next room to attack the packing boxes is my den, so I think today is the day. That quote is right on target these days!

I'm looking forward to seeing the posts about the port of the day.

@rafinmd good luck today!

Prayers for those on the care list!

Blessings to all!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

I think rather than a post about Kota Kinabalu I'll link to my blog post for the day.  For the sailaway addicts, there is a unique substitution for the white pickup truck:

Roy

Very enjoyable read about  your visit . 

Edited by Sea Viewer
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

My tentative schedule for today:

Leave home about 10:30.  I have 2 appointments, one at 12:30 with a surgical team member, and a CT scan at 2:20.  I also need to get some blood drawn.  I should be at the hospital about 11:15 and do the lab work first, then the surgical team, and finally the CT scan.  I will be be stopping for groceries and then at Panera for take out on the way home so it will likely be almost dinner time when I get to post.  I do not expect any dramatic news today but if there is something I will relay a message to Kazu.

Roy

You will be in my prayers throughout the day. God bless you. 

St Louis Sal

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone from a bright and sunny day at the beach.

Another port I have not been to!  I am going to hit the seas as soon as things open!

Meal suggestion looks good to me!  Never played with Barbie Dolls, I was more of a baby doll girl. Still have a few of them.  

My family is continuing to get better. DS is doing fine, no symptoms but is under quarantine until Friday.   BIL still in hospital. He is a concern because he was not well to begin with. Everyone is scheduled to retest, mostly because of job requirements.

Roy-   sending strong thoughts and prayers your way.

Be safe

Charlene

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone. The sun is shining and the temps are supposed to hit 62 today. Finally. Hope we are really saying good bye to winter.

All of DH tests have come back negative. No one can explain why he lost vision in one eye for a few minutes 48 hours after his first vaccine. Personally, I think it had to do with the vaccine, but I’m not a doctor. All blood vessels I. His heart, ear, brain, and carotid artery are fine. Next up is some blood work scheduled for tomorrow.

I’m still waiting for the results of my skin biopsy. 

Roy, good luck today with your scan and tests.A trip to Panera sounds like a well deserved treat.

Stay safe everyone.

Carol

• Like 16

Good morning all!

Love the days, but here I must show my age. No Barbie for me (although my sister had one). For me it was a Betsy Wetsy doll (wish I still had her) and then when I was older my friends and I played with our Ginny dolls (I still have her, her wardrobe case and lots of clothes, including a Girl Scout uniform, Brownie uniform and a rabbit fur coat.) My dolls stayed in pretty good condition and were much loved; I was lucky that my great-aunt’s landlady ran a doll hospital (anyone remember those?) When I got too carried away with hairdressing, Mrs. Riney would fix Ginny up with a new wig!

I struggle with my home office organization, which is odd because my work desk was always super organized. I put it down to having too many jobs in one place-home management, president of homeowners association, secretary for my sorority, member of the board for our local food pantry, and certified lay speaker for my church. I sometimes feel like I’m drowning in paperwork!

Craving some pork roast, love the sound of the wine,  but I’ll skip the drink.

Another port I haven’t been to. 

Take care everyone and stay safe.

St Louis Sal

• Like 22

Good morning. Thanks for the Daily.

Good days. I had Barbie and Ken growing up.

The quote applies to the grocery store for me, although I haven't been inside in a long time.

I haven't been to Malaysia, so I anticipate looking at pictures.

Sunny and 60 here today! Unfortunately the sun bothers my eye condition, but I still like it.

@rafinmd Hoping all goes well today.

@cunnorl Continued prayers for your family.

@mamaofami Good that your DH's tests were ok and hoping your skin biopsy results are as well.

Prayers for the care list and cheers to the celebration list.

Stay safe and wear your mask 😷.

• Like 15

Good morning.  The weather in Quartzsite this year is like Texas in that if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes and it will change.  The last two days have been in the 80s with a light breeze, but that is changing.  Today we are supposed to reach 71F and tomorrow 61F, with 20+mph winds both days. We'll be in the 60s until the weekend when we climb back into the 70s with highs in the low 80s the next week.  I know those of you in the northern US and in Canada would welcome our temperatures. 🌡️ As long as it's not very windy, but is sunny, the sun makes temperatures in the 60s okay.  ☀️

It's quite a collection of days.  Without Amerigo Vespucci, who knows what the western hemisphere would be called.  I try to keep my desk and my side of the home office organized, otherwise I'd never find anything.  @St. Louis Sal and @cunnorl I never had a Barbie either, but our DDs had them.  Barbies were just being introduced about the time I stopped playing with dolls, including Betsy Wetsy.  BTW, Barbie's full name has turned up as a trivia question.

@summer slope and @JazzyV I had the same thought about the grocery store when I read the quote.  Just imagine what it is like when we have been gone for several months, trying to find where they hid something.  I think the rearranging is a plot to get us to walk all the  aisles and maybe do some impulse buying.  👿

@cunnorl  Good to learn your family is improving and best wishes to your BIL for a speedy and complete recovery.

@mamaofami  Good news about all the negative tests for your DH.  Hope you get your lab results soon.

@rafinmd Good thoughts heading your way as you go through your day with tests and doctor appointments.  Enjoy your Panera dinner.

Another port for us to put on our list since we have been to 139 countries and are mostly looking for new ports now.  A new country is a bonus.  We have been to Kuantan (mystery cruise substitute port for Singapore) and Port Klang for Kuala Lumper, both on the Malaysian peninsula.

Since I am not a fan for pork roast, we'll pass on the menu, and have the rest of the shrimp creole from the other night.  And of course, wine.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 17

Happy Tuesday and Thank You for the Daily! ✏️

We haven't been to Malaysia ....closest was Singapore. Maybe someday? 🙂 

In honor of International Women's Day, a new Barbie was launched by Mattel.😉 Yes, I had a Barbie and also a Ginny doll. 👍

Prayers to all in need! 🙏

image (1).png

• Like 14

Good morning, all, thank you, Rich, for the Daily News and good luck to Roy on your tests today.  Hope you pass all with flying colours!   We appreciate Amerigo Vespucci - without him, what would we call our continent?  (Actually, when I was typing this, my spellcheck changed Amerigo to America, what a smart spellcheck!)

The car goes in for a little repair today.  Pat closed the garage door with the back of the car still open, and damaged the wiper!  I was so happy he did that, as usually I am the person to produce the first ding on a new car.  I will borrow DD's car and pick him up at the dealer.  

Our phone lines opened yesterday for over 90's to call in for their jabs - evidently there are about 50,000 eligible in the province, and in the first 3 hours there were over 1.7 million calls.  Chaos!  I hope it is better organized next week, when Pat can call in.  Then, the next group, my age, in the week of March 22, is the most populous in the province, so I will have to try my luck.   It is happening, so we can be happy about that.

• Like 19

Good morning all!

I'm another one who never had a Barbie doll.  My best friend had them though.  I was more into putting clothes on my cats and playing with them. 😂  Does anyone remember the Cabbage Patch dolls?  They were the rage when DD was little, early 80's.  My sister and I even made some copycat dolls that came in a kit.  What a hoot!  They were even uglier than the real dolls, if that's possible.

Another port I've never been to, and most likely never will. 

Yay! A white wine and it does sound good. The meal also sounds good.

My office is as organized as it's going to get.  The room is also my sewing room, but since I loaned my sewing machine to DD (I don't use it much anymore) that area stays pretty organized. 

@rafinmd prayers for you today!

@kazulove the photos of your seedlings.  It always is a good feeling isn't it?!

Yesterday was clear most of the day and dry, so I got the fire pit out again and had a good visit with a couple neighbors.  I'm sure that we've all become closer during Covid than ever before, even though we haven't been able to gather indoors.  People out walking stop and ask how we like our fire pit, as they've been thinking of getting one.  I'm sure sales really picked up during Covid.

Enjoy your day everyone, stay safe and healthy. 🙂  

• Like 16

1 hour ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Good morning all!

Love the days, but here I must show my age. No Barbie for me (although my sister had one). For me it was a Betsy Wetsy doll (wish I still had her)

At the risk of dating myself -- I didn't have a Barbie doll either. My treasured friend was a Tiny Tears doll that I called Jean, after the dear family friend that gave her to me. After Jean (the doll) got tired & worn, my mother tried to dispose of her on the rubbish heap. Of course I found her and retrieved her, wondering how she could have wandered out there. Mom never tried that again and Jean (the doll) finally just fell apart!

• Like 14

I was part of the Barbie generation for sure.  I only had one, but lots of clothes hand-made by a neighbor lady.  Also had a "Chatty Cathy" who I still have.  I was not really attached to the Barbie so I did not keep her.  Since I had no siblings, she stayed in pristine condition and still had the box she came in.  It sold for $100 at the estate sale when my father went to assisted living. 

• Like 13

Good morning, all! I actually get to go out for coffee today, which is my most exciting news in weeks! I remember when that was considered just another routine part of the day.

@rafinmdbest wishes for your hospital day, Roy. We’re all waiting to find out what they tell you! @summer slopeyou had me at butterscotch syrup. I’m not sure I’d ever get around to assembling the rest of the drink!

Happy Tuesday to all, and some day we’ll trade all this for our blue hulled beauties again!

7213D771-2F03-4FD2-B08D-856E6637800E.thumb.jpeg.2fcfbe26cd453fac76f590bf989a86a7.jpeg

• Like 16

Pork roast is a favorite of ours. I have a seasoned pork loin defrosting in the fridge for tomorrow, but today is our usual Tuesday pizza from Papa Murphy. 

I just finished putting together a small propane "fire pit" table to put out on the front patio -

2595186_sc5.thumb.jpg.91fad157a63962e3affdfc999469a616.jpg

2595186_sc3.thumb.jpg.54de06be56dd8f5b3dadf2e285702c85.jpg

The above pictures are from the manufacturer - we'll put it to the test this evening. I'll post some "live" picture soon assuming it doesn't explode!

• Like 18
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Overhead Fred said:

Pork roast is a favorite of ours. I have a seasoned pork loin defrosting in the fridge for tomorrow, but today is our usual Tuesday pizza from Papa Murphy. 

I just finished putting together a small propane "fire pit" table to put out on the front patio -

2595186_sc5.thumb.jpg.91fad157a63962e3affdfc999469a616.jpg

2595186_sc3.thumb.jpg.54de06be56dd8f5b3dadf2e285702c85.jpg

The above pictures are from the manufacturer - we'll put it to the test this evening. I'll post some "live" picture soon assuming it doesn't explode!

I like that. Just a nice size. Will have to see if available in Canada.

• Like 6

I had the whole Barbie clan - Barbie, Midge, Skipper, Ken.  Chatty Cathy and Hedda-Get-Better, whose spinning head was obviously a precursor to The Exorcist!  My real favorites though were my stuffed animals; I still have 3 of my first ones . . .

• Like 13
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think rather than a post about Kota Kinabalu I'll link to my blog post for the day.  For the sailaway addicts, there is a unique substitution for the white pickup truck:

https://wcmedley2014.wordpress.com/2014/03/08/day-13-saturday-march-8-kota-kinabalu-malaysia/

Roy

Thank you Roy. Your blog post was quite interesting and th photos were nice. Another port that I have never been to. 

Jane

• Like 7