The Debbie Downers have been right all along

wesport

11 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Are Americans still dying of Covid?  You don't hear much about that anymore...

Over 700 yesterday. But let’s not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, right?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Many of us are keeping an eye on the vax progress in USA. Many cruises leave from CA and FL!

The chart below shows possibly the reversal of the vax trend. It's true that J&J production has been disrupted. But, that's only worth about 4 million doses/week. Fact is that the USA has only administered 78% of its deliveries...

“About 21.3% of the shots distributed haven't been used yet...”

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/graphics/2021/01/14/covid-vaccine-distribution-by-state-how-many-covid-vaccines-have-been-given-in-us-how-many-people/6599531002/

Therefore, there is a float of 60 million doses (@20 days at current usage) in the system.

Which states are doing best? The states with the highest number of doses administered per capita are NH, Connecticut, MA, Maine and Vermont. Bravo, good for them!

NH has already vax >70% of their 18+ population.

Interestingly, there is actually plenty of vaccines for the crews of cruise ships, if the government wants to do so.

BTW, for those worried about the vax rate in Canada. BC province has vax 28.5% of the population with at least one dose. This week, we will catch up with the southern states (low 30%).

https://covid19tracker.ca/vaccinationtracker.html

FYI, BC is still vaccinating the 60+ cohorts with Pfizer. We had an inventory of AZ vax, available through pharmacies. But, it was gone within 5 days of lowering the eligible age to 40+.

https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/plan#general-population

Vancouver will be open for business later this year.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 2:18 PM, voyageur9 said:

725 Covid deaths (officially attributed) on April 24. So likely at least a few more.

For comparison ~100 deaths daily in the U.S. from motor vehicle accidents.

Gun deaths (all types accidents/homicides/suicides) also about ~100/day.

2380 Americans die every day from heart disease.

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 2:17 PM, OzCanuck said:

Over 700 yesterday. But let’s not let facts get in the way of a good conspiracy theory, right?

Hey, its a legitimate question.  CNN doesn't run the Daily Death Counter incessantly non-stop like they did prior to January so how do I know?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

Hey, its a legitimate question.  CNN doesn't run the Daily Death Counter incessantly non-stop like they did prior to January so how do I know?

No they alternate between vaccinated, dosages administered, world account and your death count.  Watch it for 10 minutes and you’ll know 😉 

So, please the info is still there IF you want it.

• Like 2

For all of you worry warts:

COVID-19 pill that cures body upon first signs of infection could be authorized later this year.

Pfizer's oral pill is currently under testing and would prevent the virus from replicating in the nose, throat and lungs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/revealed-home-cure-covid-could-available-year/

Get your doctor to prescribe one to take with you in your luggage

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

For all of you worry warts:

COVID-19 pill that cures body upon first signs of infection could be authorized later this year.

Pfizer's oral pill is currently under testing and would prevent the virus from replicating in the nose, throat and lungs.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/revealed-home-cure-covid-could-available-year/

Get your doctor to prescribe one to take with you in your luggage

Wow, as I read the article I kept waiting for it to say April Fools but it never did.  If it makes it through trials it would be a game changer.

• Like 1

Just now, KirkNC said:

Wow, as I read the article I kept waiting for it to say April Fools but it never did.  If it makes it through trials it would be a game changer.

I guess it is on the same concept as Tamiflu.  Knock it out early before it multiplies

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Well the first paragraph had me excluded.  "Clean-living adult" was bad enough, but then "aged 18 to 60" means I can continue to enjoy my depraved old age! 😉

I'm another one long past 18-60. In fact, yesterday I added one more notch well past 60.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Happy Belated Birthday!

Why thank you. 

If you go to the boards home page, they list today's birthdays at the bottom, but ontheweb was not there yesterday. But you just made up for that oversight.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I'm another one long past 18-60. In fact, yesterday I added one more notch well past 60.

Congratulations and belated happy birthday (this is happy thread drift!)

Did you really go through the list of birthdays on the home page??  Why it can't be listed alphabetically is beyond comprehension. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

Congratulations and belated happy birthday (this is happy thread drift!)

Did you really go through the list of birthdays on the home page??  Why it can't be listed alphabetically is beyond comprehension. 

Actually, what I first did was do a command f for find, and there was just one ontheweb at the top of the page. And then just in case I did do a quick look through anyway.

1 hour ago, dfish said:

We share a birthday!   Happy Birthday to you!

My youngest brother also shares the birthday having been born on my 10th birthday. I kid him that with 365 days in the year he could not find a birthday of his own. And he too has passed the 60 mark mentioned earlier in the thread, so I am really well past.

Did you look if you were included in the birthdays yesterday? If so, were you?

I looked but didn't see myself.  I didn't take the time to look carefully.  I figured I knew it was my birthday and didn't need to verify it.

My youngest brother also shares the birthday having been born on my 10th birthday. I kid him that with 365 days in the year he could not find a birthday of his own. And he too has passed the 60 mark mentioned earlier in the thread, so I am really well past.

I was born on my parents first anniversary.   According to legend, my mother refused to go to the hospital until she'd had her banana cream pie for dessert.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dfish said:

I looked but didn't see myself.  I didn't take the time to look carefully.  I figured I knew it was my birthday and didn't need to verify it.

I was born on my parents first anniversary.   According to legend, my mother refused to go to the hospital until she'd had her banana cream pie for dessert.  

What a great story.  Happy Belated Birthday!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, dfish said:

I also knew it was my birthday, but I wanted to see if it was really there. There were a lot of them.

Our son's birth weight was our anniversary, both 8 13. I once said to my late Mother-in-law that it was lucky we didn't wait a few months to get married. She gave me a look that I interpreted as saying if your were sleeping with my daughter before you two were married you really don't need to tell me. I realized that she was thinking that, and said no if we waited until say November and he weighed 11 lbs. and whatever ounces, he might not have fit out. She was relieved.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I also knew it was my birthday, but I wanted to see if it was really there. There were a lot of them.

Our son's birth weight was our anniversary, both 8 13. I once said to my late Mother-in-law that it was lucky we didn't wait a few months to get married. She gave me a look that I interpreted as saying if your were sleeping with my daughter before you two were married you really don't need to tell me. I realized that she was thinking that, and said no if we waited until say November and he weighed 11 lbs. and whatever ounces, he might not have fit out. She was relieved.

I was being facetious about knowing it was my birthday.  I had to leave to get to my water fitness class or I might have taken the time to look for it.  Someone did because the Daily knew it was.

Your poor MIL.  They always go into protective mode when it comes to their children.