Cruises Restarting for Vaccinated Only, Will You Go...?

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Not sure there is any data that school age children carry a viral load enough to infect others.  

I think they should limit sailing to those under 70 until such time as I turn 70. I’d rather have unvaccinated kids than 70+. 

M8

I’ve discussed this with you already on another thread........ Vaccinated people may not have enough viral load to infect others. This is being looked at and hopefully there will be a directive from the CDC that does make this claim.

Vaccinated people can also be folks 70 and over so why should those folk be restricted from cruising when they pose no threat to others if it is determined that vaccinated people have too low if a viral load to infect others?

In a nutshell...... I would rather be stuck in an elevator with an elderly vaccinated person than a kid who is not vaccinated. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I’ve discussed this with you already on another thread........ Vaccinated people may not have enough viral load to infect others. This is being looked at and hopefully there will be a directive from the CDC that does make this claim.

Vaccinated people can also be folks 70 and over so why should those folk be restricted from cruising when they pose no threat to others if it is determined that vaccinated people have too low if a viral load to infect others?

In a nutshell...... I would rather be stuck in an elevator with an elderly vaccinated person than a kid who is not vaccinated. 

And why should kids be banned? A 70+ is more likely to have issues with Covid than a kid. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Regarding the first bullet point:  So.....it does not say there is a limit on the amount of vaccinated people that can visit other vaccinated people. I take that to mean that a ship full of ONLY vaccinated passengers and crew can mingle without masks and social distancing.

Problem is, with un-vaccinated children on board, masks and social distancing will need to be adhered to. This is the main reason I much prefer NOT to have un-vaccinated children on a ship full of 100% vaccinated adults. I'm spoiled and do not want to wear a mask on vacation.

Whaaaaaaa. I'll have some whine with my cheese.

The beautiful thing is this, we are not forced to cruise. If we don't like the rules we don't have to go, simple as that. Time to leave the kids alone, Royal is following the science and they have billions at stake. I have faith that they know what they're doing. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The beautiful thing is this, we are not forced to cruise. If we don't like the rules we don't have to go, simple as that. Time to leave the kids alone, Royal is following the science and they have billions at stake. I have faith that they know what they're doing. 

Thanks

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Totally agree with your statement. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 4:28 PM, NavyCruiser said:

Let's say RCCL got 100% of their crew vaccinated, & restarts cruising by June 1st.  They also requires 100% of the passengers to have a Covid Vaccine before sailing, will you get Vaccinated & are you willing to go cruising then...?

The only requirement are passports & vaccination card showing you're "fully vaccinated" (at least 2 weeks after your 2nd shot).

With our local communities getting to phase 1C to have vaccinations avail to all 16+ without conditions starting this coming week, things are looking better.

Please Let's not get into the intricate details & political statements. 

Just a simple poll to see if you're finally comfortable being full vaccinated to start going on cruises with other fully vaccinated people soon...

Will not cruise to everything is back to normal.  And no I'm never getting a vaccine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, dswallow said:

You may have missed the letter from the NCLH CEO to the CDC making the official request.

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Submits Plan to CDC. Asks for July 4 Restart - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Much has to happen, but the request has been submitted. It is a move in the right direction. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:46 AM, lovescats5 said:

ds.  I think they should try a different line, maybe Princess.  I think they should have ships sail with no FLL people, just kids and over 70.  Maybe a lottery to see who can sail on what ship.  Like it's the kids fault there is no vaccination for them and then what kind of vaccine will it be.  Will it change their DNA and now it might affect their children or their ability to have children.   So I guess my family will not be able to cruise because we have a 13 yo and I am 70.

The 13 year old wil be able to be vaccinated by the end of this year.  The dribble about the vaccine making you sterile is just that.  Follow the science and stop repeating the lies.  Yes, children must wait to be vaccinated.  Most will me able to be vaccinated by the end of this year.  Think of others.  The kids have a lot of years to cruise.  Not a right!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1