Cruises Restarting for Vaccinated Only, Will You Go...?

9 minutes ago, ALSEAU said:

I think the only responsible way to restart cruises is to mandate vaccination of crew and guest. Don't have a problem with weary a mask in crowded public places.

I thought when we could not social distance we had to wear a mask. If we are all wearing a mask and vaccinated why is social distance still an issue. 

Every little helps thats the point of masks, social distance, vaccine, etc. 

Add it all together and it will give some protection rather then none.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

I'm pretty sure I lose brain cells when I read your posts.  No offense.

Have you read all his posts?  Not just on this thread?  They'll make your head explode.  Most of us have given up and don't respond anymore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Would travel in a heartbeat, absolutely. Wife has her 1st shot scheduled for tomorrow. Mine should be soon, but we've both had Covid and recovered (extremely mild symptoms). Not afraid. Mask and social distancing OK by me, I just want to cruise again, period!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Let's say RCCL got 100% of their crew vaccinated, & restarts cruising by June 1st.  They also requires 100% of the passengers to have a Covid Vaccine before sailing, will you get Vaccinated & are you willing to go cruising then...?

The only requirement are passports & vaccination card showing you're "fully vaccinated" (at least 2 weeks after your 2nd shot).

With our local communities getting to phase 1C to have vaccinations avail to all 16+ without conditions starting this coming week, things are looking better.

Please Let's not get into the intricate details & political statements. 

Just a simple poll to see if you're finally comfortable being full vaccinated to start going on cruises with other fully vaccinated people soon...

That's the only way I would return to cruising.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, ALSEAU said:

I think the only responsible way to restart cruises is to mandate vaccination of crew and guest. Don't have a problem with weary a mask in crowded public places.

I thought when we could not social distance we had to wear a mask. If we are all wearing a mask and vaccinated why is social distance still an issue. 

I can understand the mandate of vaccination for all passengers.  But the problem is vaccinating the crew,  how do they mandate the vaccine for the crew?  most of the crew members are from 3rd World countries and they won't be able to get a vaccine.  The cruise industry can't just go out and buy the vaccine and give a shot to the crew.

The cruise industry will have more than enough vaccinated passengers wanting to cruise but not enough vaccinated crew to sail.

Edited by M&A

48 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

The Utah medical examiner issued the following statement regarding the 39 year old's death:

"Utah’s chief medical examiner urged the public not to jump to conclusions about the death of a 39-year-old woman four days after she received the second dose of Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine — insisting there is no evidence the jab was connected to her passing."

Do you think the lying, cheating media would really even tell you if she did die of the vaccine?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

Do you think the lying, cheating media would really even tell you if she did die of the vaccine?

Deaths have been reported by the press, however, most deaths are not linked to the vaccine.  I would believe the Chief Medical Examiner of Utah and not conspiracy theorists. 

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, M&A said:

I can understand the mandate of vaccination for all passengers.  But the problem is vaccinating the crew,  how do they mandate the vaccine for the crew?  most of the crew members are from 3rd World countries and they won't be able to get a vaccine.  The cruise industry can't just go out and buy the vaccine and give a shot to the crew.

The CDC in conjunction with the State Department of Health has released information on how employers can make a vaccine mandatory for their employees.  As vaccines become more readily available, this will be easier for companies to obtain and and administer.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sky616 said:

I think the real question is...

If the media did tell you the truth, would you believe it? 

If your answer is yes... then it doesn't matter. 

If your answer is no.... then it doesn't matter. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Under your scenario, I would go; IF and only IF there was NO mask mandate on board and NO distancing measures. 

I totally agree with this.  Only way I would go.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

Do you have evidence of this?

My husband had a bad reaction after second Pfizer dose.  Became totally disoriented and then unresponsive.  Went to hospital by ambulance.  Is good now, but it was very scary.  Had right arm tremors too, the arm where he was vaccinated.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

My husband had a bad reaction after second Pfizer dose.  Became totally disoriented and then unresponsive.  Went to hospital by ambulance.  Is good now, but it was very scary.  Had right arm tremors too, the arm where he was vaccinated.

exactly, so if he had that bad of a reaction there's no doubt there are people dying from it.  I'll take my chances of a virus with a 99.6% survival rate.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

"The only requirement are passports & vaccination card showing you're "fully vaccinated" (at least 2 weeks after your 2nd shot)."

If those are the only requirements, my answer is a resounding YES.   My guess would be that once the restart happens, there will be capacity reduction, masks and social distancing for everyone, regardless of vaccination or not.  Don't think I would pay good money to wear a mask at all times outside my cabin.  I'm hoping the requirements come out soon so we can all decide whether to go or not. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Then you will never cruise again because Masks and Social Distancing will be on ships forever and ever amen. Masks for certain. Social distancing perhaps not because they can't afford that forever but a mask costs nothing to wear.  Anyone who refuses to wear one should be banned from every cruise line in the world after 1 warning.

After all how else can you prevent being sued for catching Covid on a ship or protect against people lying about having the vaccine or the counter the fact the vaccine is not 100% effective? If the answer is in the terms of the contract I say don't you think have tried that already in these all inclusive places?

If the CDC says masks and distancing is not necessary among vaccinated individuals, then why would it be needed on a 100% vaccinated ship?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Then you will never cruise again because Masks and Social Distancing will be on ships forever and ever amen. Masks for certain. Social distancing perhaps not because they can't afford that forever but a mask costs nothing to wear.  Anyone who refuses to wear one should be banned from every cruise line in the world after 1 warning.

After all how else can you prevent being sued for catching Covid on a ship or protect against people lying about having the vaccine or the counter the fact the vaccine is not 100% effective? If the answer is in the terms of the contract I say don't you think have tried that already in these all inclusive places?

This “masking forever” thing is some kind of fantasy for you, you constantly bring it up. 

masks have gone away where I live. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

If the CDC says masks and distancing is not necessary among vaccinated individuals, then why would it be needed on a 100% vaccinated ship?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Because they want to destroy the industry perhaps? Or perhaps because masks are the only way to prevent Covid lawsuits? Or at least a very good way to prevent Covid lawsuits?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

From your link:

my bold & Italics

For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:

• Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
  • Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
  • Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
  • Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
  • Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
  • Follow guidance issued by individual employers
  • Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

From your link:

my bold & Italics

For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:

• Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
  • Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
  • Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
  • Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
  • Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
  • Follow guidance issued by individual employers
  • Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations

So?? 
what you cut and paste has ZERO relevance to this topic. 

this hypothetical is about a very specific scenario; a 100% vaccinated ship, now go back and read the section of the directive on gatherings of vaccinated individuals 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Let's say RCCL got 100% of their crew vaccinated, & restarts cruising by June 1st.  They also requires 100% of the passengers to have a Covid Vaccine before sailing, will you get Vaccinated & are you willing to go cruising then...?

The only requirement are passports & vaccination card showing you're "fully vaccinated" (at least 2 weeks after your 2nd shot).

With our local communities getting to phase 1C to have vaccinations avail to all 16+ without conditions starting this coming week, things are looking better.

Please Let's not get into the intricate details & political statements. 

Just a simple poll to see if you're finally comfortable being full vaccinated to start going on cruises with other fully vaccinated people soon...

I refuse to wear a mask on a cruise ship.That would not be a vacation.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

masks have gone away where I live

No they haven't. There are still businesses in Dallas demanding them. I have seen in the new york post (the only I can read due to european GDPR) And I have heard about people threating to call ICE on Mexican places who are demanding Americans wear masks. Not that ICE would even bother coming out to that call you don't seem to do it like that.

Cruise lines could insist upon them as best public health practice.

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

So?? 
what you cut and paste has ZERO relevance to this topic. 

this hypothetical is about a very specific scenario; a 100% vaccinated ship, now go back and read the section of the directive on gatherings of vaccinated individuals 

I did:

Medium- or large-sized gatherings

All people, regardless of vaccination status, should adhere to current guidance to avoid medium- or large-sized in-person gatherings and to follow any applicable local guidance restricting the size of gatherings. If they choose to participate, fully vaccinated people should continue to  adhere to prevention measures that reduce spread, including wearing a well-fitted mask, maintaining physical distance from others, and washing hands frequently.