Cruises Restarting for Vaccinated Only, Will You Go...?

16 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

They do not mandate it, and even point out that they cannot mandate it under the emergency authorization.  

even say “Whether an employer may require or mandate COVID-19 vaccination is a matter of state or other applicable law.”  

I have not heard of any of those laws effective in the U.S.   Royal can require it most likely because they are flagged overseas.

“The federal government does not mandate (require) vaccination for individuals. For some healthcare workers or essential employees, a state or local government or employer, for example, may require or mandate that workers be vaccinated as a matter of state or other law.”

In other words, a private company may require its workers to be vaccinated in order to work there. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, Sky616 said:

Do you think the lying, cheating media would really even tell you if she did die of the vaccine?

so you believed a media outlet that said her death may have been related to getting the vaccine then the medical examiner says it may not have been related, now their liars and cheats and cannot believe the media.      

which is it?     

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

If the state has a law requiring it.   “Vaccinated as a matter of state or local LAW.”  Every U.S. company that I have heard of that tried to mandate it has backed off because no state is ready to try to make a drug approved under emergency authorization required.  They can prompt, pay and try, but cannot yet in the U.S. require it.   Or do you have an example of any place that has required it.  Healthcare? Essential workers? Etc?

The EEOC has indicated that employers can require their workers to get a COVID-19 vaccine, even under the Emergency Use Authorization.  I personally don’t know of specific employers that require it, but they are allowed to require it if they see fit. 

6 hours ago, sdrocks said:

My husband had a bad reaction after second Pfizer dose.  Became totally disoriented and then unresponsive.  Went to hospital by ambulance.  Is good now, but it was very scary.  Had right arm tremors too, the arm where he was vaccinated.

I don’t know if it was related or not, but unfortunately every medication/vaccine can have side effects. 

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I have never been there.

Maybe you should research things first before making comments you know nothing about. 

6 hours ago, ace2542 said:

So how do you prevent lawsuit for catching Covid when someone lied about having the vaccine and or lied about having Covid symptoms?

In the ambulance chasing holiday claiming game in UK at least - cant speak for USA. They get the fake claims or sometimes not fake claims through in UK  by making the argument you touched the side of the pool with your arms whilst in it and then touched your face and the germs or whatever  came from people's feet. That is how you got the noro type vomiting type illness on an all inclusive resort which dinning options included. The claim is defending but that is the argument made.

Why are you so concerned about lawsuits?

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I think we are up to about 6 or more motorcycle related deaths this week during Bikeweek. 

Sorry to hear that.

6 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Probably Covid 

You should really put a smiley face after that comment because some people on here will think you are serious.

5 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Seriously now though maybe they should not change the mask guidelines on public transportation? Imagine how many Flu cases could be prevented by that in the USA? That would of course mean masks for life on planes, buses, trains and cruise ships. But think of the infections that could stop and the deaths.

You should be more concerned about the UK than the USA. How is the Royal Family doing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Why are you so concerned about lawsuits?

Maybe because the price of cruises - which are going up anyway after all this - will go up even further because of Covid related lawsuits?. I don't know if they are winnable? It could be tough to prove where you got it from. No one has tried it yet but the ambulance chasers will. And if they win. How much will prices go up? Probably by hundreds and hundreds.

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

You promise?

We can only dream, but it won’t happen. 😔

6 hours ago, BND said:

LOL. Fist, I'm a she.  Second, while my great grandparents had a German surname, that's about as far as it goes.  As far as our "friend" goes, I am not responding to him anymore which I thought I kind of made clear in my post.  Some of you guys are just gluttons haha.  🤣🤣🤣

I know, I know. He/she draws some of us in like the Bee. 🤦‍♀️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

One more died in ICU. I think the number is going to be around 8. I spoke to my Motorman friend and he said it’s the worse he has seen since he has been in Ormond Beach. Lots of motorcycle related accidents. 

CC needs an emoji with a sad face. 😢

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BND said:

For me, it stands for mine and DH's first names as in B and D.    I've never heard of it as an acronym for anything else.

Mines similar, first initial of mine, Hubbys and children's first names 😁

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sdrocks said:

My husband had a bad reaction after second Pfizer dose.  Became totally disoriented and then unresponsive.  Went to hospital by ambulance.  Is good now, but it was very scary.  Had right arm tremors too, the arm where he was vaccinated.

What did the hospital diagnose him with if you're willing to share?  Was it confirmed to be caused by the vaccine or just a coincidence?  

16 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Can you provide links to the statisticians' studies?  I'm curious to see what they have to say.

Sure I can. First, a few caveats:

1. I work from home and have deadlines to meet for work, so (unlike yesterday, when I had more free time) I won't be able to engage in a back-and-forth over this topic. I also have to take my wife for her 1st Coronavirus injection in about 20 minutes.

2. My experience online is that sometimes people innocently ask for links, only to then attempt to discredit them by saying you can't trust the source, or otherwise attempting to de-legitimize information they don't wish to see. (I'm not saying you're going to do that, but it's very common in online debates)

3. I believe that part of the controversy over Covid-19 has been the systematic censorship and silencing of people who won't or don't agree with the established narrative regarding lock downs, mask wearing, and the like. The YouTube channel "unherd" comes to mind.

4. My intent is not to change your mind, so if you decide I'm wrong, that's fine. We don't have to agree, and your not agreeing with me doesn't disprove anything.

https://www.aier.org/article/the-censorship-of-dr-briand/

The link I posted above pertains to the story of Dr Genevieve Briand, an economist at the highly regarded Johns Hopkins University who posited that the number of deaths before 2020 was about the same as during 2020, except that more deaths were attributed to Covid-19, but that the overall numbers weren't significantly different. She was subsequently silenced and her YouTube lecture was removed. I have a very big problem with any resource, even a private company like YouTube, arrogating to itself the right to decide truth and fiction, and remove content it simply disagrees with. It sets an extremely dangerous precedent. The antidote to "bad" speech is more speech, not censorship.

Edited by DCGuy64
corrected "that" to "the"
  • Like 5

On 3/16/2021 at 8:17 AM, BND said:

What did the hospital diagnose him with if you're willing to share?  Was it confirmed to be caused by the vaccine or just a coincidence?  

Documented as Covid vaccine reaction on his permanent medical record.

On 3/15/2021 at 1:15 PM, livingonthebeach said:

The CDC in conjunction with the State Department of Health has released information on how employers can make a vaccine mandatory for their employees.  As vaccines become more readily available, this will be easier for companies to obtain and and administer.  

But that would be for US employers making vaccines available for their employees.  The ships are not US ships and the crew are not American employees

The cruise lines could require vaccines for passengers and there will be enough vaccinated people out there.  The problem is,  the crew that are mainly recruited on contract from countries like Indonesia, Philipines, India etc where it's almost impossible to get a vaccine.

7 hours ago, M&A said:

But that would be for US employers making vaccines available for their employees.  The ships are not US ships and the crew are not American employees

The cruise lines could require vaccines for passengers and there will be enough vaccinated people out there.  The problem is,  the crew that are mainly recruited on contract from countries like Indonesia, Philipines, India etc where it's almost impossible to get a vaccine.

The Sputnik vaccine is commercially available. 

On 3/15/2021 at 10:02 PM, ReneeFLL said:

To answer the OP. In the beginning I would like to have a fully vaccinated ship, crew and passengers. No kids if no vaccination for them yet. 

I'd like to see a ship with no passengers with comorbidities:

No one over 65.

No one with obesity or BMI greater than 25.

No diabetics.

No one with sleep apnea.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

So ReneeFLL wants a ship with no kids.  I think they should try a different line, maybe Princess.  I think they should have ships sail with no FLL people, just kids and over 70.  Maybe a lottery to see who can sail on what ship.  Like it's the kids fault there is no vaccination for them and then what kind of vaccine will it be.  Will it change their DNA and now it might affect their children or their ability to have children.   So I guess my family will not be able to cruise because we have a 13 yo and I am 70.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1