Celebrity will be restarting cruising out of St. Maarten on June 5th with Millennium

dkjretired

The official release, as posted in the other thread.

It is unclear whether they will require masks indoors.  Carefully worded, the release says it will follow guidelines from the HSP,  but not which ones.  It does not specifically say which mask requirements will be included.  Nonetheless, this is thrilling news, IMHO.

CEL_JUNE_CARIBBEAN_COMEBACK_FOR_CELEBRITY_CRUISES_Press_Release_3-19-21.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was surprised to read that you will be allowed off the ship to do as you please, not tied into a cruise line only sponsored excursion! 

This is great news going forward!  We're all vaxed and hopefully looking forward to our Reflection cruise in Jan!

*UPDATE* I know I read the above in the first release, I think they may have changed it since I first saw it.

I c&p this from the article, so my above info is probably wrong

Celebrity will offer a range of curated tours for all interests and price points at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those guests preferring to explore the destinations with only members of their family or traveling companions.

Edited by CruisersTimesThree
add info
  • Like 2

Here is the email from LLP:

For the last twelve months, I have been eagerly awaiting the day when I would be able to share the news of our return to service with you. And that day is finally here.

I am beyond thrilled to announce our long-anticipated return to cruising! Starting June 5th, our newly revolutionized Celebrity Millennium will homeport in the tropical paradise of St. Maarten and begin offering two seven-night cruise itineraries in the Caribbean.

I am forever grateful for a lot of things today. I am grateful for the loyalty and support you, our most loyal guests, have shown us over the past year. Your words of encouragement, concern for our crew and willingness to work through these challenging times with us means more than you will ever know. I am grateful for the leadership and collaboration of the St. Maarten Government for working with us to welcome our guests back to their beautiful island safely. And I am grateful for the entire team at Celebrity Cruises for working day and night to make this a reality.

Now, beginning March 25th you’ll be able to book our new summer season of Caribbean cruises for a week of world-class dining experiences, thrilling shows and dreamy, stylish staterooms all while basking in the sun, culture and history of some of the most beautiful islands on the planet. Our itinerary offerings include:

Aruba, Curaçao and Barbados - This trifecta of spectacular islands offers plenty of wonder from Aruba’s natural rock pools, caves and volcanic lava formations; to the colorful Dutch-colonial-style buildings and the Willemstad City Center UNESCO World Heritage Site in Curaçao; to snorkeling and catamaran sailings in the cool blue waters of Barbados.

Tortola, St. Lucia and Barbados – In addition to the many water adventure offerings in Barbados, this itinerary adds in St. Lucia’s lush green landscape and relaxing Sugar Beach; along with one of the British Virgin Islands’ treasures, Tortola, with its mountainous landscape and beautiful sandy coves that are enough to make any beach lover swoon.

We want you to be among the first to join us in our return to service and we want to make it as easy as possible for you.

Take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices include airfare taxes. No promotional code is needed.

Celebrity will offer a range of curated tours for all interests and price points at every port of call. Private Journeys and Small Group Discovery Tours will also be available for those guests preferring to explore the destinations with only members of their family or traveling companions.

Simplifying the luxury vacation experience, Wi-Fi, drinks and tips are now ‘Always IncludedSM’ on every Celebrity cruise. And, Celebrity’s “ Cruise with Confidence” program provides flexible cancellations and best price guarantees.

As always, the health and safety of our guests, crew and places we visit continues to be our top priority. The ship will sail with vaccinated crew and will be available to vaccinated adult guests and children under the age of 18 with a negative test result within 72 hours of embarkation. In addition, guests must meet St. Maarten’s travel requirements, which currently include presenting a negative PCR test taken within 72-hours of arrival to the island. Celebrity Millennium will sail with comprehensive, multilayered health and safety measures developed with expert guidance from parent company Royal Caribbean Group’s Healthy Sail Panel and Global Head of Public Health and Chief Medical Officer; and local health and government authorities. These measures, including vaccination requirements, will evolve in keeping with current public health standards. Details on all health and safety measures across the entire Celebrity Cruises vacation experience can be found at https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea.

Stay tuned over the coming weeks and months as we announce additional plans to bring our entire fleet back into service. I know many of you, like me, can’t wait to start traveling again. Celebrity is all about opening the world and brighter days are ahead. I look forward to seeing you back on board very soon.
All my best,
LLP, President and CEO, Celebrity Cruises
LLP
President & CEO, Celebrity Cruises

19 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Was surprised to read that you will be allowed off the ship to do as you please, not tied into a cruise line only sponsored excursion! 

This is great news going forward!  We're all vaxed and hopefully looking forward to our Reflection cruise in Jan!

*UPDATE* I know I read the above in the first release, I think they may have changed it since I first saw it.

I interpreted the announcement to be that Celebrity has a range of options for Celebrity tours. The notice doesn’t say you can DIY in ports.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kathynorth said:

I interpreted the announcement to be that Celebrity has a range of options for Celebrity tours. The notice doesn’t say you can DIY in ports.

I posted a link above from an article that states what I originally posted. It says that passengers will be allowed to disembark on their own in addition to Celebrity offered excursions.

Hello, does the passage below from LLP’s email convey that we MUST book flights through Celebrity and that we will not have the option of booking flights independently?

Take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices include airfare taxes. No promotional code is needed.”

What are your thoughts?

35 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Which makes absolutely zero sense when they are requiring passengers to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of boarding. If they are concerned about a vaccinated person testing positive before boarding then how could they allow people to just wander on their own in ports where they will possibly be exposed to non-vaccinated people? 

2 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

Hello, does the passage below from LLP’s email convey that we MUST book flights through Celebrity and that we will not have the option of booking flights independently?

Take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices include airfare taxes. No promotional code is needed.”

What are your thoughts?

Their press releases are always so poorly written. I would think the $1999pp rate is a bundle deal to push people that way but you wouldn’t have to book together. I can’t think of any benefit in requiring an air and sea package. You have to follow the testing protocol no matter how you arrived or how you booked your air.

17 minutes ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

I posted a link above from an article that states what I originally posted. It says that passengers will be allowed to disembark on their own in addition to Celebrity offered excursions.

.Thanks for forwarding the article. You must have posted as I was typing. This certainly is good news!