Celebrity will be restarting cruising out of St. Maarten on June 5th with Millennium

dkjretired

I was happy to see this announcement by Celebrity as our chances of our September Spain cruise just got a little better. I like that all passengers and crew member MUST be fully vaccinated and show proof of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival in St Martin. My wife and I will be fully vaccinated after we get our second shot on March 30th.  It looks more like the anti-vaccers will be staying home for at least the next year. My two sisters who have been anti-vaccers for years, (no flu or other vaccinations) have gotten their Covid vaccinations so they can also cruise later this year.

Happily  the last paragraph of the email from the Captain's Club really gives me more hope for our September cruise.

"Stay tuned over the coming weeks and months as we announce additional plans to bring our entire fleet back into service. I know many of you, like me, can’t wait to start traveling again. Celebrity is all about opening the world and brighter days are ahead. I look forward to seeing you back on board very soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, taxatty said:

These appear to be very interesting and well-designed itineraries--much better than the Crystal Bahamas cruises.

Crystal  also starts at $1900 pp for an OV and requires that all passengers be vaccinated and tested. Their destinations are really beach intensive and do not require tours. My personal choice would be Crystal unless Celebrity significantly reduces price. I refuse to pay what may be a record per day price for a 7 day cruise just to be a test subject for Covid procedures. I only speak for myself, others can and will decide for themselves.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Which makes absolutely zero sense when they are requiring passengers to have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of boarding. If they are concerned about a vaccinated person testing positive before boarding then how could they allow people to just wander on their own in ports where they will possibly be exposed to non-vaccinated people? 

I read it that for kids under 18 (ie, non vaccinated) Celebrity would require a negative COVID test within 72 hours of boarding Millennium.  But the government of St Martin requires everybody to have a negative COVID test within 72 hours of coming into St. Martin.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

Hello, does the passage below from LLP’s email convey that we MUST book flights through Celebrity and that we will not have the option of booking flights independently?

Take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices include airfare taxes. No promotional code is needed.”

What are your thoughts?

It says pricing starting at $1,999, which tells ne flights from say Maiami or Ft. Lauderdale. What about pricing from such places, like Seattle? Guessing, probably as much as $1,000 more p.p. roundtrip.

Still a good deal?

32 minutes ago, cdcummings said:

Hello, does the passage below from LLP’s email convey that we MUST book flights through Celebrity and that we will not have the option of booking flights independently?

Take advantage of special air and sea pricing offering exceptional savings on all Summer 2021 St. Maarten sailings starting at $1,999* per person for a veranda stateroom. The offer applies to new bookings and flights must be booked through Flights By Celebrity and prices include airfare taxes. No promotional code is needed.”

What are your thoughts?

Not an issue for me if I was to book this cruise, I've booked airfare through Celebrity before and it was great.  You can even fly in a day or 2 earlier if you want.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, taxatty said:

These appear to be very interesting and well-designed itineraries--much better than the Crystal Bahamas cruises.

I have been following the Crystal board closely and am in communication with my TA about their offering as a splurge to get back on the seas. The Crystal loyalists really don’t care about the ports, they just want to cruise again. They seem to be more about the experience than the location. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

It says pricing starting at $1,999, which tells ne flights from say Maiami or Ft. Lauderdale. What about pricing from such places, like Seattle? Guessing, probably as much as $1,000 more p.p. roundtrip.

Still a good deal?

Yes, for Celebrity and those who are willing to get back to cruising at any price. 

I wonder what type of proof of vaccination the cruise line will require? Hopefully it’s something that Celebrity can verify with some sort of national database. I would be very concerned about some people lying about their vaccination status in order to cruise again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lhsail said:

I have been following the Crystal board closely and am in communication with my TA about their offering as a splurge to get back on the seas. The Crystal loyalists really don’t care about the ports, they just want to cruise again. They seem to be more about the experience than the location. 

That is very true! Serenity is their destination and they don't care where she goes. 

So who’s taking the $5-6k+ gamble to see what truly happens when (not if) a positive case pops up on board? We’re going to pass on this for quite a while!

I like long vacations but I enjoy the more on my terms. 

12 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

I wonder what type of proof of vaccination the cruise line will require? Hopefully it’s something that Celebrity can verify with some sort of national database. I would be very concerned about some people lying about their vaccination status in order to cruise again.

To my knowledge there is no national database.  We were given a document from the Department of Health with the dates and doses of our vaccination.  

Not the same as the card that my family in another state received.

Edited by jelayne
typo

33 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

I like that all passengers and crew member MUST be fully vaccinated and show proof of a negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival in St Martin.

Passengers under 18 years of age do not have to be vaccinated, they only require the negative PCR test. Given the current lack of approved vaccines for children under 18, Celebrity has perhaps understandably chosen a somewhat riskier approach in order to maximize its potential passenger base. I wonder how many of the CC members who have posted in a number of current threads that they would not cruise unless ALL passengers and crew members were vaccinated will view these cruises as a non-starter for themselves.

14 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

As far as I know, these cruises are not limited to US residents. Consequently, you need to consider international databases, and I don't see that happening. Many (most?) countries don't have a national vaccination database, let alone one that can be accessed by Celebrity. But your question of what type of proof will be required is an excellent one, and one of many questions to which Celebrity has yet to provide answers. 

Edited by Fouremco

Just now, lizinindy said:

Reading through the full report.....I didn’t see anything about it specifically, but I hope they eliminate the “serve yourself” buffets.

I'm sorry that it took a global pandemic, but eliminating self service buffets is a good thing.  There are just too many people without manners.

• Like 2