Travel Insurance cruise cover.

majortom10

7 minutes ago, seapals2 said:

You were lucky to speak to a person.  I tried several different options of selection but always ended up with send us an email.  😬.   I think as soon as you step onboard .. they consider you to be abroad. 😎😎.  Even if we only go a few miles off the coast.  

took along time to get to speak to someone. After selecting No3 twice then selected No6 for anything else and got to speak to someone. Was a bit speechless when they answered cos I had been going round in circles for ages trying to speak to someone.😀

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, delgirl said:

took along time to get to speak to someone. After selecting No3 twice then selected No6 for anything else and got to speak to someone. Was a bit speechless when they answered cos I had been going round in circles for ages trying to speak to someone.😀

Don’t want to hijack this thread, but this whole thing of taking a long time to speak to someone is doing my head in at the moment. I’m having issues with an energy provider and also with a well known supplier of DIY and home improvement products. It’s almost impossible to get anybody to answer the phone and then take ownership of the issues. This isn’t purely a Covid issue. I don’t know whether they still have employees on furlough, but if so, why? There’s evidently a demand which isn’t being met by these 2 companies. Customer service is deteriorating right, left and centre. End of sermon!

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Don’t want to hijack this thread, but this whole thing of taking a long time to speak to someone is doing my head in at the moment. I’m having issues with an energy provider and also with a well known supplier of DIY and home improvement products. It’s almost impossible to get anybody to answer the phone and then take ownership of the issues. This isn’t purely a Covid issue. I don’t know whether they still have employees on furlough, but if so, why? There’s evidently a demand which isn’t being met by these 2 companies. Customer service is deteriorating right, left and centre. End of sermon!

Can't argue with that, what makes it worse is listening to all the crap at the beginning of the message, which nearly always starts with "Because of covid". 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Ardennais said:

I also now find that its almost impossible to find a phone number or even an e-mail address on most large service companies websites, it took me about 10 minutes to find one for Sky, however since I am Diamond VIP with them I do seem to get priority access to a live body once I do phone.

• Like 1

Probably after May 17th when presumably we will be permitted to travel abroad ... the ship can sail into international waters for a short time .. problem solved .. technically we have all gone abroad.   The cruise lines initially were just getting round the steps out of lockdown so they could announce and take bookings before May 17th. By classing the cruises as domestic waters only they could be included with UK hospitality.  Don’t think they could ever have foreseen the problems this would pose to travel insurance policies.  The £2 million cover would be their normal requirements to cover repatriation costs etc on all cruises. 
Even with the worst scenario £10 K would cover all holiday costs up to the date of sailing.  Even the top suite for a week couldn’t cost more than this.  
Afraid those booked on the first sailing are going to be the test cases.  I’d be very surprised if there were any more checks done than normal after you have entered details on the cruise personaliser.  They will be stretched to check all the proofs of vaccination.  I’m sure if like us you have put Aviva down as your 24 hour emergency service it would have flagged up on their systems as being inadequate for a UK sailing.  

38 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

One way to get through to Staysure, request a quote online , but don't buy it, 2 or 3 days later they will phone you. You can just then say by the way .......

That's interesting.. I have just received an online quote. Will see if they phone me.

... and finally .. today after receiving mail from Aviva who underwrite the M&S bank annual travel for premium club members which basically said go back to the broker (M&S) its their responsibility to provide the endorsement to the policy as its written.  Aviva only deal with customers who take out their travel policy direct.   they gave me the number for M&S to use to contact Aviva and consult with the underwriters themselves.  

However after ringing M&S the problem has finally been fully clarified.  We will receive the full £10 million cover whilst onboard the ship to cover medical and repatriation costs but once back on land in the UK we would be transferred to a NHS hospital and cover will be reduced back to £10K.  They have confirmed this in an email to take alongside our policy booklet. 

I hope for anybody else who has cover through their bank or building society the answer will be the same.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, seapals2 said:

... and finally .. today after receiving mail from Aviva who underwrite the M&S bank annual travel for premium club members which basically said go back to the broker (M&S) its their responsibility to provide the endorsement to the policy as its written.  Aviva only deal with customers who take out their travel policy direct.   they gave me the number for M&S to use to contact Aviva and consult with the underwriters themselves.  

However after ringing M&S the problem has finally been fully clarified.  We will receive the full £10 million cover whilst onboard the ship to cover medical and repatriation costs but once back on land in the UK we would be transferred to a NHS hospital and cover will be reduced back to £10K.  They have confirmed this in an email to take alongside our policy booklet. 

I hope for anybody else who has cover through their bank or building society the answer will be the same.  

Excellent! But will Nationwide take the hint? 

1 hour ago, Scriv said:

Excellent! But will Nationwide take the hint? 

I think there is really no reason they won’t follow Barclays  and M&S banks.  
Aviva gave me this number 0800 051 6670 keypad option 2 then 4 to be passed on to M&S so they could speak directly with the underwriter.  
Didn’t need to in the end as they had already made the decision.  It makes total sense that once you step onboard and sail you are no longer in the UK. even if you remain in coastal waters.  It’s not like being in a UK hotel where you could just call an ambulance.  Yet it’s taken weeks to arrive at this point.  Many will have already opted to buy alternative insurance to just cover the short time on the ship.  It has been a new concept and something not tried before, hence the confusion.  

• Like 1

I may be wrong, but I think HSBC use UK Insurance Ltd.

Anyway, good news - Nationwide and HSBC have officially confirmed their cover to meet P&O requirements and you can download and print the Confirmation of Cover letter for your policy via a link on their website. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Scriv said:

I may be wrong, but I think HSBC use UK Insurance Ltd.

Anyway, good news - Nationwide and HSBC have officially confirmed their cover to meet P&O requirements and you can download and print the Confirmation of Cover letter for your policy via a link on their website. 

Excellent news thank you.  I think I will just pop off and have a look at Princess's offerings. 

• Like 1

Just now, CCFC said:

Have you got a link to the HSBC confirmation of cover please

Hi Mike.. sorry, I haven't as I am with Nationwide. I think you have to go onto their website or phone them to ask for the link. Sorry I can't be more helpful. This is what I read about HSBC

They’ve confirmed that the policy meets or exceeds the requirements for P&O.
If you have an account with them that qualifies, call them. They’ll send you a link to an on line form. Complete this and they’ll send you a certificate of insurance to show on departure. Simple and quick.

• Thanks 1