Maybe the MDR Menu will be available via Room Service?

MsSoCalCruiser

3 hours ago, franktown said:

If you are in a suite you can order off the MDR menu for delivery to your room.  Comes all at once including dessert.  Made the mistake of ordering ice cream for dessert.  Had to eat it first.  Ice cream makes a great first course.

I've tried this a couple times.  Was "informed" that it was a great diet.  The sugar in the ice cream gave you a "full" sensation, therefore you ate less.  I use to always ask for the dessert menu first so that I could judge what my main meal consisted of.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

For a HAL cruise?

I've never been on HAL . It is a full Princess suite that you can order from the MDR menu.  Hot Breakfast on the morning of disembarkation is also available via room service which is really convenient. 

• Like 1

The room service lunch and dinner is one reason we book suites.   When returning from a hectic all day tour, we shower and then order dinner.  So relaxing.   Depending on the menu, I ask for each course to be delivered 15 minutes apart.  It costs a small mint in tips but we are delivered hot food and a cold dessert.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, johnmik1 said:

If they can do it for breakfast,they can do it for lunch and dinner!

I don't think as many people (rooms) order breakfast (multiple courses) that would be ordering dinner.   And not within the same time frame for everyone.

The kitchen staff would be hard pressed to produce thousands of meals (all courses) to be served within a short period of time.  

15 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

I've never been on HAL . It is a full Princess suite that you can order from the MDR menu.  Hot Breakfast on the morning of disembarkation is also available via room service which is really convenient. 

The term hot is more of a hope than a reality in my experience

On 4/5/2021 at 2:11 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Those cruisers that cruise on HAL... have you ever ordered dinner from the MDR menu to be delivered to your cabin?  How did that turn out?

I've ordered from the MDR menu on Celebrity in the past.  They made a big deal out of it ... wheeled in a table, set it up with a table cloth and place settings.  The room stewards were the ones to deliver it and you called them when you were finished and they cleaned everything up and wheeled the table back out.  It was so heavenly!!  Needless to say, there was a nice tip involved even though it wasn't required, maybe not even expected.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I've ordered from the MDR menu on Celebrity in the past.  They made a big deal out of it ... wheeled in a table, set it up with a table cloth and place settings.  The room stewards were the ones to deliver it and you called them when you were finished and they cleaned everything up and wheeled the table back out.  It was so heavenly!!  Needless to say, there was a nice tip involved even though it wasn't required, maybe not even expected.  

This sounds perfect.  Could you do this from any cabin or did you need to be in a suite?   Thank you for sharing.

On 4/8/2021 at 2:00 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

This sounds perfect.  Could you do this from any cabin or did you need to be in a suite?   Thank you for sharing.

This was actually in an oceanview cabin so, there was no need to be in a suite. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 2:11 PM, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Those cruisers that cruise on HAL... have you ever ordered dinner from the MDR menu to be delivered to your cabin?  How did that turn out?

have not ordered dinner but ordered breakfast, full breakfast with eggs over easy - even on last morning on the ship no problem with HAL. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 6:39 PM, cruzsnooze said:

no any cabin can order on HAL, we usually book mini suite ... but any cabin can order.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, long cruiser said:

If you can't eat in the mar for lunch or dinner stay home.

long cruiser

We have enjoyed lunch (late afternoon) in our cabin, sometimes on a balcony for years... like the peace and quiet... some times  have even picked up take out in port and brought on board to enjoy.  Try it you might like it.   Happy cruising.  

19 minutes ago, pris993 said:

have not ordered dinner but ordered breakfast, full breakfast with eggs over easy - even on last morning on the ship no problem with HAL. 

P&O UK and Cunard also do a hot breakfast to cabins. I have travelled with both and a few other lines. 

Edited by NSWP

My concern would be:

1.  The hazard of having room service trays in the hall for me to trip over/negotiate around.

2.  Health hazard having uneaten food laying around for who knows how long.

3.  More burden on our over extended room steward named Stuart.

4.  Hot meals are only made when the dining room kitchen is open.  That would really put a burden on the wait staff.

I once had preordered my lunch from Club Class dining but decided I wanted to have it in my Window Suite (down the same hall).  It was delivered by one of the waiters.  I started back with my "dirty" dishes and was met by the hostess who took it the rest of the way.  Even then, I felt guilty.  I don't like to leave the completed meal in my cabin nor do I feel it proper to store it outside my door.  If I do order full room service (which is a suite perk), I always call room service to pick it up (and tip accordingly).  Once in a while, my steward will take care of the dishes.  

From my understanding, during the initial COVID quarantine, most of the time the meals were "pre-packaged" and not hot meals.  I could be wrong on this one.

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

P&O UK and Cunard also do a hot breakfast to cabins. I have travelled with both and a few other lines. 

To be fair, unless you are in a suite, the P&O hot breakfast is a panninni !

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

My concern would be:

1.  The hazard of having room service trays in the hall for me to trip over/negotiate around.

2.  Health hazard having uneaten food laying around for who knows how long.

3.  More burden on our over extended room steward named Stuart.

4.  Hot meals are only made when the dining room kitchen is open.  That would really put a burden on the wait staff.

I once had preordered my lunch from Club Class dining but decided I wanted to have it in my Window Suite (down the same hall).  It was delivered by one of the waiters.  I started back with my "dirty" dishes and was met by the hostess who took it the rest of the way.  Even then, I felt guilty.  I don't like to leave the completed meal in my cabin nor do I feel it proper to store it outside my door.  If I do order full room service (which is a suite perk), I always call room service to pick it up (and tip accordingly).  Once in a while, my steward will take care of the dishes.  

From my understanding, during the initial COVID quarantine, most of the time the meals were "pre-packaged" and not hot meals.  I could be wrong on this one.

We have done Room Service for years for  breakfast, sometimes order from the 24 hr menu for a late afternoon meal, if we don't feel like going to MDR.  We always call Room Service and order coffee after the afternoon meal, have the steward take tray away when they deliver coffee,  tip well.  In the morning our cabin steward takes care of cleaning the cabin and dishes and we tip all of the staff well for their service.  NO reason to feel bad requesting this service, they are happy to do it and we are happy to tip them.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, NSWP said:

We cruised on the QM2 and Queen Victoria, suspect you are right about breakfast... do recall ordering Room Service lunch on a TA.