The Daily for Wednesday Apr 21, 2021

richwmn

5 hours ago, kazu said:

Lots of us have been cleaning out our garages, basements and houses these days.  We’re working on that but I’m afraid that..

2BF892B5-C547-4C64-B61B-F63E1049658D.thumb.jpeg.c17d8597382e4c9c906bd0ae922ea678.jpeg

This is so true!  I don't know how many times, after years and years of keeping something, we toss it to only need it soon.  

Lenda

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ger_77 said:

Safe travels!  BTW, I love the size of your trailer - it would be perfect for the 2 of us, just a place to sleep and make coffee, etc.  Now to try to talk DH into getting one!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I have had much bigger and smaller but like a cabin on the BHB it has everything I need. Full bed, dinnet, full bath and shower, and nice size kitchen. This is a picture of the inside the day I picked it up in Rice Texas at the factory. PS I didn’t post while driving. I stopped for lunch. 

028CD049-644B-41D2-8DEA-0528844E054C.jpeg

AB7BFEC1-0788-42E5-9540-771967E535B1.jpeg

• Like 21

52 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I didn’t read the Daily yesterday until really late so didn’t post. I haven’t been feeling good and finally went to urgent care on Monday. Turns out I have bilateral ear infections and my right ear drum ruptured. I really should know better having worked for an ear, nose and throat medical group for 25 years. I’m on antibiotics but still don’t feel my best. 

DH drinks Earl Grey tea every morning.   Kindergarten is very important for children!  I remember my own Kindergarten days well, it was all day and we had nap time every day after lunch on our rugs. Administrative Professionals Day was Secretary’s Day when I first started working and the medical group I worked for always gave us a plant and took us out for a long lunch. 

So much happening yesterday and today!

@superomaPraying for you!  And so sorry to hear about your loss of your friend and neighbor. 

@mamaofami I pray that you heal fast after your BCC surgery. Sorry about your night’s sleep, make sure to rest. 

@Cruzin Terri Sorry for your loss of your friend. 

@durangoscots I’m so sorry about your loss. The loss of our four legged loved ones break our hearts. ♥️

@Crazy For Cats Have a great get away!  Hope the cats don’t miss you too much. 

@lindaler Have a great trip!

Happy birthday @sailingdutchy!  And Queen Elizabeth!  🎂

@NextOne How is your DH doing?

Have a great day everyone!

Take care of yourself and rest.  Hope you feel better soon.

Lenda

• Like 8

1 hour ago, dfish said:

Oh, my gosh we're twins!   I'm heading to the dentist to have my temporary crown glued back on.  They just don't make things like they used to.

Just back from the dentist. It turns out it was a porcelain onlay, rather than a crown. It has been there since 2009. He was able to glue it back in place, but said if it come out again he'll need to remake it.

@bennybear Happy Anniversary!

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Just back from the dentist. It turns out it was a porcelain onlay, rather than a crown. It has been there since 2009. He was able to glue it back in place, but said if it come out again he'll need to remake it.

DH has had bridges become unglued, usually at an inconvenient time.  He carries a dental repair kit which includes glue with him when we travel.  He has been able to fix a crown or bridge that way, and has even provided glue to others.  It's a temporary fix, but keeps us from having to find a dentist when traveling.

Lenda

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

@bennybear Happy Anniversary!

Hope you are doing alright. I hate going to a dentists.. its always such a range of negative emotions and tooth ache lol 

• Like 3

@superomaI only drink decaf coffee and tea, so I know you can purchase Lady Grey decaf on amazon.ca  

@bennybear Happy Anniversary to the two of you!  How many years?

@durangoscots my heart goes out to you; it's hard to lose a beloved fur baby - they always leave the biggest holes in our hearts.

@lindaler OMG, it's perfect; I love it!!!  And a full bath w shower . . . the best! That size would be perfect for us; thanks a bunch for the photos.

@Sharon in AZ hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly and you'll be feeling well again!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Turns out I have bilateral ear infections and my right ear drum ruptured. I really should know better having worked for an ear, nose and throat medical group for 25 years. I’m on antibiotics but still don’t feel my best. 

Oh NO 😔. So sorry to hear this 😢 

You poor thing.  I hope the antibiotics help and you feel better really soon 🙏🏻 

Hoping your ear drum heals quickly.  That’s a big ouch 😓 

• Like 7

Yikes @Sharon in AZ...that sounds REALLY painful.  I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.  And that relief comes very quickly.  😬

Like some others here, I'm a very steady tea drinker.  I start my day with a cup every day.  Usually Welsh Glengettie.   DD and I have made a hobby of visiting as many tea rooms as we can.  I think my favorite so far is the Lowell Hotel in NYC.  Very pretty and very traditional.

Maybe someday soon we'll find ourselves sharing a nice cuppa at a HAL afternoon tea.  I hope so!

😊

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, AncientWanderer said:

Yikes @Sharon in AZ...that sounds REALLY painful.  I hope it's not as bad as it sounds.  And that relief comes very quickly.  😬

Like some others here, I'm a very steady tea drinker.  I start my day with a cup every day.  Usually Welsh Glengettie.   DD and I have made a hobby of visiting as many tea rooms as we can.  I think my favorite so far is the Lowell Hotel in NYC.  Very pretty and very traditional.

Maybe someday soon we'll find ourselves sharing a nice cuppa at a HAL afternoon tea.  I hope so!

😊

Yes!   I wish we could have the Indonesian tea, sigh!  

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@superomaI only drink decaf coffee and tea, so I know you can purchase Lady Grey decaf on amazon.ca  

@bennybear Happy Anniversary to the two of you!  How many years?

@durangoscots my heart goes out to you; it's hard to lose a beloved fur baby - they always leave the biggest holes in our hearts.

@lindaler OMG, it's perfect; I love it!!!  And a full bath w shower . . . the best! That size would be perfect for us; thanks a bunch for the photos.

@Sharon in AZ hopefully the antibiotics will kick in quickly and you'll be feeling well again!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

And thank you for the heads up. First case of six boxes ordered and shipping was free even though I don’t have prime! 

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, superoma said:

And thank you for the heads up. First case of six boxes ordered and shipping was free even though I don’t have prime! 

Always happy to help!  I've been enjoying Bigelow's "I Love Lemon" (that I first became acquainted with on a Dam ship) that I get on Amazon as well.  One place that carries a fair selection of teas is London Drugs, you might want to check them out if you have one nearby.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Wednesday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for your lists Roy. 

I didn’t read the Daily yesterday until really late so didn’t post. I haven’t been feeling good and finally went to urgent care on Monday. Turns out I have bilateral ear infections and my right ear drum ruptured. I really should know better having worked for an ear, nose and throat medical group for 25 years. I’m on antibiotics but still don’t feel my best. 

DH drinks Earl Grey tea every morning.   Kindergarten is very important for children!  I remember my own Kindergarten days well, it was all day and we had nap time every day after lunch on our rugs. Administrative Professionals Day was Secretary’s Day when I first started working and the medical group I worked for always gave us a plant and took us out for a long lunch. 

So much happening yesterday and today!

@superomaPraying for you!  And so sorry to hear about your loss of your friend and neighbor. 

@mamaofami I pray that you heal fast after your BCC surgery. Sorry about your night’s sleep, make sure to rest. 

@Cruzin Terri Sorry for your loss of your friend. 

@durangoscots I’m so sorry about your loss. The loss of our four legged loved ones break our hearts. ♥️

@Crazy For Cats Have a great get away!  Hope the cats don’t miss you too much. 

@lindaler Have a great trip!

Happy birthday @sailingdutchy!  And Queen Elizabeth!  🎂

@NextOne How is your DH doing?

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon, hope you feel better soon.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Always happy to help!  I've been enjoying Bigelow's "I Love Lemon" (that I first became acquainted with on a Dam ship) that I get on Amazon as well.  One place that carries a fair selection of teas is London Drugs, you might want to check them out if you have one nearby.

Smooth Sailing!   🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

I wish! I know London drugs from Vancouver when one daughter was living there. I have never seen one in Ontario. 

• Like 7

6 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Morning to everyone. I am also a bit earlier than usual this morning. Looks like it is going to be another sunny and windy day here. Will be working inside most of the day.

I drink tea in the afternoons and sometimes in the morning if I am traveling and not happy with the taste of the coffee. Have not been to today's port. Probably lovely.

Yesterday was  a sad day for me as I lost my scottie to cancer. He was 11 years old and I had him from a small pup. I had noticed him slowing down the past week or so and when he would not eat yesterday, it was off to the vet. Liver cancer is,  unfortunately,  is common in the breed. So now it is me and the Shih Tzu and I think it will stay that way. It is the first time in 45 years that I have not had a scottie.

Susan

I thought I had reacted to this earlier.  So sorry for your loss.

Roy

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, bennybear said:

a couple of you have mentioned peach tea, hot and iced,  where do you find that.  

David's Tea online sells "Just Peachy" . . . . yum, hot or cold!

Amazon sells Celestial Seasonings "Herbal Tea Country Peach Passion" as well - another yum!

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂🙂

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 9