CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife wears a mask in the car because air seeps in .Whenever I have been out in the car I have been looking at other motorists solely out of curiosity and the majority are also wearing masks.

...And the air that seeps in also goes through and around the mask, per the CDC. The mask is to prevent someone from spreading the virus (minimizing distance spread) if they have it. 

A bit OT but mask related -- Disney will require masks on the UK summer sailings of Disney Magic:

"Face coverings are required for all guests (ages 11 and up) and crew members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine," the company said. "Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time."

5 hours ago, kastke said:

Actually, all the daycares around us, and in at least a few other states that I know of, require all children age 2 and up to wear masks since last summer or fall.  Believe it or not, children are very good at keeping the masks on. They’ve been taught it is to help get rid of all the “bad germs” and have had parents, teachers, grandparents modeling these same good habits. 

So now we have a whole generation of children thinking they are full of bad germs that will kill the people they love.  Counseling may be a booming job opportunity in the future.  Several school districts around here have done away with or are doing away with the mask requirement for children in school.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

I don't understand why they didn't skip 2 lanes between runners and let them run without masks. A few extra heats won't add that much more time to the competition.

There are no "lanes" in an 800 meter race. The only time runners are in "lanes" is at the start of the race. And that configuration lasts a total of about 10 seconds before the first "rabbit" breaks from the pack.

15 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife wears a mask in the car because air seeps in .

Unbelievable.  Even if that wasn't ridiculous, which it is, the experts have said for months that masks don't offer much if any protection from virus in the air, just help prevent people from spreading it.  

And we travelled 10-12 states for 2 months January-March and nowhere were "most" people wearing masks in their cars...........

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My wife wears a mask in the car because air seeps in .Whenever I have been out in the car I have been looking at other motorists solely out of curiosity and the majority are also wearing masks.

By that logic she should wear one inside your house and while out in your yard.  We have not worn masks outside unless it was required (beach boardwalk when social distancing wasn't possible, walking into or out of restaurants, church, etc).  And, nope the majority of drivers I see are not wearing masks.  

• Like 5

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

You are very fortunate that you did not get sick.My best friend was to be interviewed for a person making a documentary on his life.The meeting was outdoors.Neither person wore a mask.My friend died from Covid 3 weeks later.

In the last year we have had our bathroom remodeled, had HVAC people in to do work, electricians and plumbers to do other work, house cleaners (every two weeks for the last few months).  We've also been eating out, going to church and seeing our grown kids.  None of us got sick.  My BIL, who was much more careful than us to the point of not going out anywhere except for groceries (working from home as is his wife), got his first shot several weeks ago and three days later got sick.  He tested positive and spent a week in ICU on oxygen, remdesivir and other meds (steroids and antibiotics) because he had double pneumonia.  He's home and doing a lot better now, but masks didn't protect him.   BTW, his wife didn't catch it.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Even more ridiculous is that Michigan's cases have been dropping like a rock before this policy that frankly borders on child abuse

You might want to do some research on why this policy is being put into place. Trying to protect kids does not border on child abuse. Not agreeing with the policy is one thing but acting like there are no reasons for it is just not true.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Oh no...far more orchestrated than that.  Let's see...our benevolent Dear Leader is going to show us his grace as promised after 100 days, because we've been good, obedient boys and girls.

That was an easy call.  These people are so scripted in their actions its pathetic.

You've all been trained well.  Do better so I dont have to cancel 4th of July again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BND said:

In the last year we have had our bathroom remodeled, had HVAC people in to do work, electricians and plumbers to do other work, house cleaners (every two weeks for the last few months).  We've also been eating out, going to church and seeing our grown kids.  None of us got sick.  My BIL, who was much more careful than us to the point of not going out anywhere except for groceries (working from home as is his wife), got his first shot several weeks ago and three days later got sick.  He tested positive and spent a week in ICU on oxygen, remdesivir and other meds (steroids and antibiotics) because he had double pneumonia.  He's home and doing a lot better now, but masks didn't protect him.   BTW, his wife didn't catch it.

This is a good post.  Doesn't matter what you do.  The people who listen the most catch it.  We don't wear masks anywhere, inside or out.  We've travelled, had work done in our house.  Two guys remodeled our bathroom for 6 weeks.  Told them not to wear it.  They actually said if you make us wear it we're going elsewhere.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robert & Debra said:

You might want to do some research on why this policy is being put into place. Trying to protect kids does not border on child abuse. Not agreeing with the policy is one thing but acting like there are no reasons for it is just not true.

Yes it is child abuse.  There should not be any kid 16 or under who should be wearing a face diaper.  it's ridiculous.  

• Like 3

Just now, Sky616 said:

This is a good post.  Doesn't matter what you do.  The people who listen the most catch it.  We don't wear masks anywhere, inside or out.  We've travelled, had work done in our house.  Two guys remodeled our bathroom for 6 weeks.  Told them not to wear it.  They actually said if you make us wear it we're going elsewhere.  

The guys who did our bathroom only wore masks when we were in the bathroom with them discussing how we wanted the tile laid (direction), etc.  Otherwise, they didn't wear them which we had no problem with. We are now fully vaccinated and got our second shot on Mar 19 so we hardly think about it anymore.  We wear the masks where we have to, but otherwise, we do not.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Keksie said:

So now we have a whole generation of children thinking they are full of bad germs that will kill the people they love.  Counseling may be a booming job opportunity in the future.  Several school districts around here have done away with or are doing away with the mask requirement for children in school.

Are you or any of your friends currently or have been in counseling for being told when you were a child that washing your hands kills germs and keeps you healthy?

Talk about an over exxageration!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, BND said:

One families' experience cannot be generalized to an entire pandemic. 

6 minutes ago, MommaBear55 said:

One families' experience cannot be generalized to an entire pandemic. 

Um, where did I say that?   My response was to the poster who knew ONE person who caught it and died while being maskless outside.  

There's always one.

Edited by BND
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, cured said:

Are you or any of your friends currently or have been in counseling for being told when you were a child that washing your hands kills germs and keeps you healthy?

Talk about an over exxageration!

Uh oh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:29 PM, HaveWeMetYet said:

Don't be too hard on them.

Possibly someone with a mental health condition like Asperger's. They get triggered with fear from the constant news coverage of covid. They can't process when it is ok to take the mask off but can breeze through college calculus.

Maybe a few -- but I doubt that's even a decent minority of the number of people I see doing this on the regular.  The same people I see walking around with gloves on in the grocery store, driving their car, talking on their cell phone, etc. . . .   I just wonder what happens when they take the gloves off.  They've had gloves on and touched everything  under the sun, then take the gloves off presumably when they get home and touch the same things they just touched with their gloved hands.  hmmm   where is the logic there?    Or, better yet, the grocery stores with plastic over top of the credit card key pads.   Never once have i seen those plastic covers get wiped down between use.  So what is the purpose of the plastic?   Touch the keys, touch the plastic, it's ALL THE SAME THING!  LOL  It just makes me shake my head sometimes.   

• Like 2