CDC Mask Guidance for Outdoors to be relaxed and announced tomorrow

36 minutes ago, cured said:

Are you or any of your friends currently or have been in counseling for being told when you were a child that washing your hands kills germs and keeps you healthy?

Talk about an over exxageration!

No but we were not told that hugging Grandma would kill her.  We were not told for over a year that we are contagious and will make others sick.  When I was a child you just washed up after being outside or using the bathroom and it was just something you did.  No big explanation about germs or getting sick.  We drank out of the garden hoses, ate our fair share of dirt and unwashed wild berries and mom was far more concerned about the dirt on our shoes then the dirt on our hands.  Mom was not wiping us down all the time with sanitizer just spit on her finger to get smudges off our faces. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Sherri914 said:

Maybe a few -- but I doubt that's even a decent minority of the number of people I see doing this on the regular.  The same people I see walking around with gloves on in the grocery store, driving their car, talking on their cell phone, etc. . . .   I just wonder what happens when they take the gloves off.  They've had gloves on and touched everything  under the sun, then take the gloves off presumably when they get home and touch the same things they just touched with their gloved hands.  hmmm   where is the logic there?    Or, better yet, the grocery stores with plastic over top of the credit card key pads.   Never once have i seen those plastic covers get wiped down between use.  So what is the purpose of the plastic?   Touch the keys, touch the plastic, it's ALL THE SAME THING!  LOL  It just makes me shake my head sometimes.   

I especially wonder about the person I saw with a glove clinched between his teeth while texting on his phone with his ungloved hand.  

7 hours ago, Keksie said:

So now we have a whole generation of children thinking they are full of bad germs that will kill the people they love.  Counseling may be a booming job opportunity in the future.  Several school districts around here have done away with or are doing away with the mask requirement for children in school.

I'm not sure about older kids but as a parent of a kindergartener and preschooler I can safely say that masks are of extremely low concern to them. They haven't been introduced to the culture wars so a mask is simply something they wear on their face. There are things of much greater importance, like what is for dinner and will you buy me this new LEGO set lol.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Keksie said:

No but we were not told that hugging Grandma would kill her.  We were not told for over a year that we are contagious and will make others sick.  When I was a child you just washed up after being outside or using the bathroom and it was just something you did.  No big explanation about germs or getting sick.  We drank out of the garden hoses, ate our fair share of dirt and unwashed wild berries and mom was far more concerned about the dirt on our shoes then the dirt on our hands.  Mom was not wiping us down all the time with sanitizer just spit on her finger to get smudges off our faces. 

Agree with all of this...all we are doing is weakening kids immune systems.  

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, MacMarauder said:

I'm not sure about older kids but as a parent of a kindergartener and preschooler I can safely say that masks are of extremely low concern to them. They haven't been introduced to the culture wars so a mask is simply something they wear on their face. There are things of much greater importance, like what is for dinner and will you buy me this new LEGO set lol.

The innocense of children....That we adults have forever poisoned.😥

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sky616 said:

This is a good post.  Doesn't matter what you do.  The people who listen the most catch it.  We don't wear masks anywhere, inside or out.  We've travelled, had work done in our house.  Two guys remodeled our bathroom for 6 weeks.  Told them not to wear it.  They actually said if you make us wear it we're going elsewhere.  

ROTFLMAO - that would be the day someone I hired would tell me what they were going to do in my house.

Good thing everyone was on the same page.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2021 at 2:10 PM, Sherri914 said:

Perhaps the same people I see regularly driving their vehicles, alone, windows up, masks on.  I still don't understand that one. 

Totally agree. The only reason I can think of is if they don’t want to touch them between errands. 🤷🏼‍♀️  Mine comes off asap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OZ. said:

That is good news, but how are they going to differentiate who is and who isn’t?

Unfortunately there's no way to tell, but for those who are fully vaccinated they aren't running as much of a risk as those who are not. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

According to the CDC director, the only reason vaccinated can't be in large groups is to protect those who chose not to get vaccinated.

And at some point I'm going to stop caring about those who will not get vaccinated.  I'm not there yet, but it won't be too much longer - by the end of summer is my guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/26/2021 at 1:02 PM, Keksie said:

I have never worn a mask outdoors and I don't know anyone here that has.  As always the CDC and Fauci are behind on their advice.

Totally agree.  We have not worn a mast outdoors since this started.  We wore them where required to go into stores/restaurants, etc.  But here in FL, many of our stores/restaurants do not even require them anymore and haven't for a while.  We have stayed very steady with COVID cases and not wearing a mask as not made a bit of difference.  We have never had a mask mandate, it is up to businesses to make the decision to wear them or not.  My gym requires a mask to walk in the door, but has never required one while working out.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

I can walk outside by myself without a mask now!!! 

The announcement was a joke. If you are vaccinated you can go for a walk or ride your bike without a mask. Vaccine demand has dropped off so they now say that if you get vaccinated it is ok to go maskless doing activites that were perfectly safe to do from the beginning with no vaccine. It truly is pathetic.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

Maybe a marking of sorts that can be sewn into the arm of a garment? Why is that sounding so familiar? 🤔 

As long as they don't want to tattoo my wrist.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Geez.  Maybe that was because there was not a highly deadly disease that might just kill Grandma.  Maybe because it is a FACT that COVID-19 is highly infectious and we shouldn't just willy nilly pass it along to Grandma.  Seriously.  What DON'T you people get about what has been going on over the last year.  Ignorance is bliss I guess. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

According to the CDC director, the only reason vaccinated can't be in large groups is to protect those who chose not to get vaccinated.

What about those in a small group that chose not to be vaccinated. Somehow they are safe because it is a small group? Fauci, himself, said the risk of catching the infection outside us extremely small. For the vaccinated it is miniscule. These people, more and more, seem to just be making it up as they go. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, RoyalC said:

...And the air that seeps in also goes through and around the mask, per the CDC. The mask is to prevent someone from spreading the virus (minimizing distance spread) if they have it. 

I told her about all the posts on CC.She will no longer wear a mask in the car .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Geez.  Maybe that was because there was not a highly deadly disease that might just kill Grandma.  Maybe because it is a FACT that COVID-19 is highly infectious and we shouldn't just willy nilly pass it along to Grandma.  Seriously.  What DON'T you people get about what has been going on over the last year.  Ignorance is bliss I guess. 

What you people do you think I belong too?  

1 minute ago, Keksie said:

What you people do you think I belong too?  

Well.  Based on your post, the people who don't take this pandemic seriously.  Why else the drama about not being able to hug Grandma?  Why the obvious questioning of the infectious nature of this very deadly disease?

1 minute ago, Heymarco said:

People have different risk vs rewards tolerances. It’s the same reason some go sky diving while others don’t. The true shame is we no longer respect these decisions and are being heavily pushed to group think. 🐑 

So the person who might infect Grandma with a disease that might actually kill her gets to decide that it is ok to do that because they have a different risk/reward tolerance.  This isn't sky diving!  

4 hours ago, Keksie said:

Sounds like we grew up around the same time... we didn't wear seatbelts, kids were held in parents laps (no baby seats), sold items door to door with parents nowhere in site, adults smoked around kids, trampolines didn't have nets, no one "child proofed" a house, rode bikes without helmets, didn't wear sunscreen, were spanked, and probably a bunch of other things.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1