Air2Sea May Not Be For Me

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It probably has to do with the special pricing a2s arranged with AA.  Maybe for certain flights, not every flight option.

If you go to the quick pricing option on the choiceair website do you see any of the other flights that AA mentioned to you?  If they show up there then you should be able to switch to one of them.

I can't find the link to the website anymore, it's gone off their website, I always have to call.

4 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

It's $200 per ticket to cancel, $800 total.  

I won't be doing that.

It's just so frustrating that I can make such a simple change on my own with the airline but not with Air2Sea.

I'm back on the line with American asking them to intervene. 

Just wanted others to know about this little "hiccup" I've found so you know what you'd be dealing with in case you wound up in my boat.

Love Royal, but this part needs some attending to.

I appreciate you passing this on to us! 

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

It probably has to do with the special pricing a2s arranged with AA.  Maybe for certain flights, not every flight option.

The "arrangement" is like buying from Priceline.  The airline isn't going to waive fees for tickets bought that way.

8 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I can't find the link to the website anymore, it's gone off their website, I always have to call.

go to choiceair.com and select the tab on the right for quick flight info.     I always select the refundable option at the bottom of the flight selection screen. 

image.png.993848f8455eac4fb0b19892228d9241.png

8 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

My only "benefit" is that I like to think if I'm flying in the same day with Air2Sea and am delayed, they'll hopefully be more prone to wait for me, knowing they can sail to Coco cay in a few hours. 

Plus if there are quite a few other passengers on your flight;  then Royal will most likely wait for all of you.  

10 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Thank you for sharing your experience, as I’m on the verge of doing our Nassau flights on air2sea (first time using them). I was already planning on  flying in a day before, but am now leaning towards two days and doing an Atlantis day if all goes well.  But we will definitely book our days/times with plenty of buffer.  If only SW would open up flights to Nassau again.

FYI,  if you do stay at Atlantis;  that is a Marriott Property;  so if you're a rewards member you get points or can redeem points for rooms

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I've made final payment.  Am I able to cancel the Air2Sea booking?  I didn't pay extra for refundable flights.  I assume I am stuck with them.

Hmmm I have never used Air2Sea before now but I was okay with having the non-refundable tickets.   Ironically when I booked our flights he specifically said that they were refundable even though I didn't ask for that.

7 hours ago, billslowsky said:

The "arrangement" is like buying from Priceline.  The airline isn't going to waive fees for tickets bought that way.

I'm not asking the airline to waive any fees.

The airline says it's a free change, but Royal has to make it.

Royal says we can't make it because the airline refuses it.

American says this has nothing to do with me purchasing through the travel agency, their policy for cancelled flights is the same regardless.  It's free. 

But Royal isn't acknowledging that.

4 hours ago, AF-1 said:

FYI,  if you do stay at Atlantis;  that is a Marriott Property;  so if you're a rewards member you get points or can redeem points for rooms

I am a Bonvoy member, but it's sold out all month!

UPDATE:  American asked me to let them take ownership of my reservation away from Royal.  I'll lose my "Arrival Insurance" but they were able to move me to the flight the day before that way.   Now I'll have 24 hours to get myself there if something goes wrong with my flight.  I'll also be with good company as there are many people on my flight who booked through Royal.

Edited by RCCL Fan
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, RCCL Fan said:

UPDATE:  American asked me to let them take ownership of my reservation away from Royal.  I'll lose my "Arrival Insurance" but they were able to move me to the flight the day before that way.   Now I'll have 24 hours to get myself there. If something goes wrong.... and I'll be with good company as there are many people on my flight who booked through Royal.

Glad it all worked out. You must be very relieved. Enjoy the trip! 😊

1 minute ago, FionaMG said:

Glad it all worked out. You must be very relieved. Enjoy the trip! 😊

Yes if I can only now find a way to get all four of us sitting together.

Lost my Premium Economy seats i paid extra for!  lol

Always something

This just happened to me for my July 17th cruise...same exact thing, looks like AA is cancelling all 8am direct flights 😞

I am so stressed now, I have never flown in the same day, but like you I had the back up flight.

I’ve had this happen several times with A2S. Book through them, pay for the flight, go in and pay to upgrade seats and the flights change and I’m back where I started in the tail by the toilet. Upgrade seats on the changed flight and it changes again. It seems like the original flight you book is never the one you ultimately fly on. 

22 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

Morale of the story for me.... don't try to fly the same day....    and it appears easier to book airfare yourself directly with the airline and not have Air2Sea as the middle man.

Not a comment on Air2Sea, but a general opinion of mine for booking airline tickets...best to do it directly with the airline.  We had a travel agency book our flights with Delta and then when it was cancelled on us, I requested a refund.  I talked to Delta, got it approved and they went to credit it back to my credit card on file.  BUT, since I booked through an agency, they would only send the money to the travel agency because the travel agency paid via a cheque, then I was told I would have to wait up to another three months for the agency to receive the funds and refund my credit card.  Long story short - I will book directly with airlines only now (unless I really want the peace of mind Air2Sea offers for getting me to the ship if my flight is delayed.)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Good to know, thanks!  Will be deciding this weekend once my husband knows about the trip (surprise anniversary gift) 🙂

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

UPDATE:  American asked me to let them take ownership of my reservation away from Royal.  I'll lose my "Arrival Insurance" but they were able to move me to the flight the day before that way.   Now I'll have 24 hours to get myself there if something goes wrong with my flight.  I'll also be with good company as there are many people on my flight who booked through Royal.

That is awesome and great news.  Glad American helped you out

5 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

Good to know, thanks!  Will be deciding this weekend once my husband knows about the trip (surprise anniversary gift) 🙂

Ok,  I won't say anything until you tell your spouse. Cheers

• Haha 1

I keep telling as many people as I can that Air2Sea is nothing more than a consolidator and as a consolidator, their terms and conditions of the ticket "may" be much different than direct with the airline.

Immediately after, there will be 20 posts saying that "they" have never had an issue.

I'm so sorry you ran across this issue.

I NEVER use Air2Sea, ChoiceAir, Expedia, or any other consolidator. I may use the site for comparison or research, but then I always go directly to the source. In this instance, you are Air2Sea's customer, not American Airlines customer. Until you actually board the aircraft anyway.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RCCL Fan said:

I am a Bonvoy member, but it's sold out all month!

Interesting.  Must have some groups staying.  I know we did a customer trip in 2012, and our group of 500 was swamped by a group of over 2500.