NEW CDC ... NO MASKS NEEDED FOR VACCINATED PERSONS ??

33 minutes ago, BND said:

Not going to wear a mask unless it's required.   Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99.7% of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated.    That means the vaccine is working.  

Can I ask where you saw that statement and who specifically said it ?

36 minutes ago, BND said:

Not going to wear a mask unless it's required.   Cleveland Clinic is reporting that 99.7% of hospitalized patients were unvaccinated.    That means the vaccine is working.  

Exactly, and until the vaccinated start taking off their masks, they can’t do the studies on just how good the vaccines are working.

Just now, crzndeb said:

Exactly, and until the vaccinated start taking off their masks, they can’t do the studies on just how good the vaccines are working.

Obviously the vaccines are working  if people were catching it while wearing masks before.  

11 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Can I ask where you saw that statement and who specifically said it ?

Here you go.

https://www.axios.com/coronavirus-cases-deaths-good-news-pandemic-dd3297c7-4b54-460b-93ca-45389f5d6389.html

Or, I googled it and got this.  I don't get why people can google and expect others to do it, but whatever.

https://www.cleveland.com/coronavirus/2021/05/cleveland-clinic-finds-997-of-caregivers-whove-recently-tested-positive-for-covid-19-werent-fully-vaccinated.html

Edited by BND
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

The quote contradicts your statement.

What are you talking about?  This is the quote from the article:

• 99.7% of hospitalized coronavirus patients are unvaccinated, the Cleveland Clinic said this week — more real-world evidence that the vaccines prevent the type of serious infections that were killing over 3,000 Americans per day just a few months ago.
  • Like 1

Just now, BND said:

• 99.7% of hospitalized coronavirus patients are unvaccinated, the Cleveland Clinic said this week — more real-world evidence that the vaccines prevent the type of serious infections that were killing over 3,000 Americans per day just a few months 
    5 minutes ago, BND said:

• 99.7% of hospitalized coronavirus patients are unvaccinated, the Cleveland Clinic said this week — more real-world evidence that the vaccines prevent the type of serious infections that were killing over 3,000 Americans per day just a few months ago.

The quote is that the vaccines worked .

1 hour ago, kearney said:

Apparently 6 of the 7 had no symptoms... not sure about #7.. but doesn't sound serious. Sounds like they may have had the J&J one doser....they had it back in April...so perhaps not fully effective... just odd for so many in one group... one reason I suspect it was J&J with lower efficacy...but the key is it that it appears no one really sick.

The efficacy differences between the 3 vaccines being given in the USA is statistically insignificant 

3 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Where did I ever say the vaccines didn't work?   I'm completely lost at what you think I said and what the article says.

Edited by BND

So you should wear a mask to not spread Covid but it won't keep you from getting it.  If the mask is over mouth and nose, as required, how can it go both ways.  And yet, my big thing is the vaccine is suppose to take care of everything and yet it doesn't.  Why wear one then?

2 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So you should wear a mask to not spread Covid but it won't keep you from getting it.  If the mask is over mouth and nose, as required, how can it go both ways.  And yet, my big thing is the vaccine is suppose to take care of everything and yet it doesn't.  Why wear one then?

The goal of the vaccine was to prevent hospitalizations and death which is does very, very well.  No vaccine is 100% but this is damn close.

• Like 5

I tried to google.

Google this:  cleveland clinic vaccine news

And are you going to admit I said exactly what was in the article?

1 hour ago, BND said:

Where did I ever say the vaccines didn't work?   I'm completely lost at what you think I said and what the article says.

The implication of your initial statement was that people did not need to wear masks.That was my interpretation.

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

The implication of your initial statement was that people did not need to wear masks.That was my interpretation.

I never said that, but I do believe if you are vaccinated, there is no reason to.  You didn't say that and you decided to infer something that wasn't there.

6 minutes ago, BND said:

I never said that, but I do believe if you are vaccinated, there is no reason to.  You didn't say that and you decided to infer something that wasn't there.

We can debate this forever but I believe that I am correct and you believe that I am not.Therefore,let us just end this conversation now.

We can debate this forever but I believe that I am correct and you believe that I am not.Therefore,let us just end this conversation now.

Well, you are wrong.  Reading comprehension is an important skill.

3 hours ago, George C said:

Seven members of the ny Yankees staff just tested positive and all have been vaccinated, so wearing a mask is not a bad idea .

Up to 8 now including Gleybar Torres who already went through Covid back in December.  Seven are asymptomatic.  Team received J&J on April 7th.

https://www.wired.com/story/the-yankees-covid-outbreak-may-be-bad-news-for-ditching-masks/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is not just them in the sports world .Many other vaccinated people are getting the virus.In addition those who believe that once they get it and recover they cannot get it again.That is totally wrong.

We have a family friend who got it twice as did his adult children,

My Parkinsons Therapist had it twice as did one of my medical doctors.

Len, I understand your concerns and fears.  My dad had Parkinsons as well as dementia and leukemia and I truly wish you well.  You stay safe and I will say you are one who does need to be careful.  

Screenshot_20210513-190314_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-190512_Chrome.jpg

Edited by jean87510

2 hours ago, koolZip said:

Gee, somehow it worked for Australia and New Zealand. But of course, they acted like mature adults, followed the science and had the fortitude and discipline to work for the common good.

Americans, not so much.

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

Dealing with the virus on an ISLAND is much different than in a country with international travel.

2 hours ago, BND said:

You can't compare NZ and Aus to the US.  The reason they had less cases is they completely closed their borders (it's easy when you're an island) 

OK, how about Florida vs. South Korea.  Both are peninsulas.

South Korea -- 51.2 million people, 130 thousand covid cases, 1,891 deaths.

Florida --  21.6 million people, 2.28 million covid cases,  35,881 deaths.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/us/florida

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BND said:

BTW, everyone I know who caught Covid wore masks.  The few who didn't had it before we even knew what it was.  

Everyone I know that had Covid let their guard down and didn't have a mask on when they got covid.

This is exciting news and I cannot wait to go to the food store, stores, salon, etc. without a mask on......yabadabadoo!!

• Like 1