NEW CDC ... NO MASKS NEEDED FOR VACCINATED PERSONS ??

4 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I thought Ace said masks were going to be required forever........or May 13, 2021. 

I forget. It was definitely one of the two. 

It was:

1.masks for life

2. masks forever

3. masks until May 13, 2021

which ever came first or until the order expired on May 13, 2021 

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

And this is why I will continue to wear a mask voluntarily everywhere I go. You never know who you are near. Just because the person next to you isn't wearing a mask doesn't mean THEY are vaccinated or aren't contagious.

My wife and I are vaccinated. My 12 year old has an appt for her first shot this weekend. But I also have a 7 year old. Until he can get a vaccine, I will do everything in my power to protect him, even if that means wearing a mask everywhere I go. If there is even the slightest chance I can catch the virus and bring it home to him, I will keep the mask on.

Good for you. Personally, I think your approach is overly cautious, given that 7- and 12-year olds are highly unlikely to get sick in the first place, and since you and your wife are vaccinated, on the off chance one of the kids picked it up, you'd be fine.

It's when others tell me I must conform my behavior to theirs because of their level of caution that we have a problem. (I don't think you're one of those people, but I know a LOT of them where I live-they won't leave their homes for fear of catching Covid outside and even the CDC acknowledges that's not risky. I am sad for people who are terrified to a degree not even warranted by the experts)

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

And this is why I will continue to wear a mask voluntarily everywhere I go. You never know who you are near. Just because the person next to you isn't wearing a mask doesn't mean THEY are vaccinated or aren't contagious.

My wife and I are vaccinated. My 12 year old has an appt for her first shot this weekend. But I also have a 7 year old. Until he can get a vaccine, I will do everything in my power to protect him, even if that means wearing a mask everywhere I go. If there is even the slightest chance I can catch the virus and bring it home to him, I will keep the mask on.

I had Covid in March of 2020, antibodies confirmed, plasma donated. Enjoy your mask.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, you may have had Covid and not know it and spread it to 100 people. Nice!

That's right I'm the Boogie Man under your bed. Check tonight.

You're still buying into the asymptomatic super spreader thing too?

Edited by ToroAzul
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Good for you. Personally, I think your approach is overly cautious, given that 7- and 12-year olds are highly unlikely to get sick in the first place, and since you and your wife are vaccinated, on the off chance one of the kids picked it up, you'd be fine.

It's when others tell me I must conform my behavior to theirs because of their level of caution that we have a problem. (I don't think you're one of those people, but I know a LOT of them where I live-they won't leave their homes for fear of catching Covid outside and even the CDC acknowledges that's not risky. I am sad for people who are terrified to a degree not even warranted by the experts)

I see both sides. I would PREFER that others (especially those not vaccinated) wore masks and did their part to help everyone, but I can not (nor would I) force them to. My kids know enough to protect themselves. Yes my approach is overly cautious, but these are my kids. I don't think there is a scenario where I can be too cautious when it comes to their health. They are my everything.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

*genuine guffaw elicited, and now tears streaming down my face.*

This was awesome! 😆😆😆

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ToroAzul said:

Let's all hope you don't stick around on this site that long. Great comment, you added alot to this this cruise forum. Thanks for stopping in, lets all hope you find the door.

• Like 5

Funny thing... the previous CDC guidance for 'fully vaccinated' already said that fully vaccinated...when with other fully vaccinated...did not need to mask or socially distance....but then went on to say when in public (which I interpret as an environment where you don't know if others are vaccinated) wear a mask. someone at Johns Hopkins was asked about that last part.. and they essentially said that it was more for optics than for medical reasons. I have been wondering for months why a virtually all vaccinated ship couldn't just follow the already established protocol for fully vaccinated... Now it looks like finally CDC has completed the loop. 

april 8th Johns Hopkins School of Public Heath Insights

3 minutes ago, jrapps said:

I don't think there is a scenario where I can be too cautious when it comes to their health.

So I'm guessing you don't drive a car (might get into an accident), go to restaurants (food poisoning), get on a plane (might crash), or cruise (hurricanes, Covid, etc). I'm being sarcastic, but here's my point: there's being reasonably cautious, overly cautious, and downright catatonic with fear.

I am touched by what you said, not having children myself I think it's lovely you want to protect them. But surely you realize that living one's live necessarily involves some risk. Otherwise what's the point? And I don't mean to suggest that Covid is a "reasonable" risk. But when you say there is no scenario where you can be too cautious, I don't think you mean that literally, or else your life would be pretty darned sad and sheltered.

• Like 1

Just now, DCGuy64 said:

So I'm guessing you don't drive a car (might get into an accident), go to restaurants (food poisoning), get on a plane (might crash), or cruise (hurricanes, Covid, etc). I'm being sarcastic, but here's my point: there's being reasonably cautious, overly cautious, and downright catatonic with fear.

I am touched by what you said, not having children myself I think it's lovely you want to protect them. But surely you realize that living one's live necessarily involves some risk. Otherwise what's the point? And I don't mean to suggest that Covid is a "reasonable" risk. But when you say there is no scenario where you can be too cautious, I don't think you mean that literally, or else your life would be pretty darned sad and sheltered.

OK, fair point. Everything is a risk, but there are also reasonable things one can do to mitigate. Yes I take my kids in a car, but I make them put on their seatbelts. We go on cruises, but have long washed our hands and sanitized even long before the cruise lines handed you wipes at every turn. I fly, but I don't feel comfortable going on small prop planes.

You will never get rid of all risk, but when there are small and reasonable things I can do to mitigate it, I will gladly do so especially for my kids. Wearing a mask is a very small price to pay.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Interesting, you may have had Covid and not know it and spread it to 100 people. Nice!

Yeah It's estimated over 50% more people have had Covid and didnt know it. Over 60% Adults already had at least one shot and about half of the rest have some sort of Natural Immunity. We are at beginning of the end now.

4 minutes ago, jrapps said:

OK, fair point. Everything is a risk, but there are also reasonable things one can do to mitigate. Yes I take my kids in a car, but I make them put on their seatbelts. We go on cruises, but have long washed our hands and sanitized even long before the cruise lines handed you wipes at every turn. I fly, but I don't feel comfortable going on small prop planes.

You will never get rid of all risk, but when there are small and reasonable things I can do to mitigate it, I will gladly do so especially for my kids. Wearing a mask is a very small price to pay.

You do realize they've been saying all along that wearing a mask helps prevent you from SPREADING covid, but offers little or no protection from getting it from others?

• Like 2

Just now, bouhunter said:

You do realize they've been saying all along that wearing a mask helps prevent you from SPREADING covid, but offers little or no protection from getting it from others?

That was what the 6 foot rule was about.

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah It's estimated over 50% more people have had Covid and didnt know it. Over 60% Adults already had at least one shot and about half of the rest have some sort of Natural Immunity. We are at beginning of the end now.

Company my wife works for did Covid test once a month for everyone, most of the people that tested positive had no symptoms, 6 of the 7 yanks staff had no symptoms.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

So if everyone weared a mask, it wouldn't spread to anyone..........makes sense. Wear your mask if you haven't been vaxed.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

So if everyone weared a mask, it wouldn't spread to anyone..........makes sense. Wear your mask.

its rubbish no science supports masks.

plenty of studies say minimal benefit only in very limited scenarios. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

So if everyone weared a mask, it wouldn't spread to anyone..........makes sense. Wear your mask.

Even just announced Reporters and others at White House, no mask required indoors if Vaccinated

22 minutes ago, George C said:

Seven members of the ny Yankees staff just tested positive and all have been vaccinated, so wearing a mask is not a bad idea .

It is not just them in the sports world .Many other vaccinated people are getting the virus.In addition those who believe that once they get it and recover they cannot get it again.That is totally wrong.

We have a family friend who got it twice as did his adult children,

My Parkinsons Therapist had it twice as did one of my medical doctors.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

And just staying home for two weeks would kick the virus in the butt.  Or so they said 13 months ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yep. I will take little over none. If there is even the SLIGHTEST chance it helps, I will do it. It doesn't bother me to wear a mask. I don't know why it bothers other people that I choose to do so (not saying you do, just the impression I get from some here)